Chapter Twelve

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Twelve ~

I agreed to go to Japan with Kyuhyun but what I didn’t know was we were actually leaving the next day! All the Super Junior boys knew about me and Kyuhyun and I’d always be getting the “I-told-you-so!” look every time one of them met my eyes! The other twelve boys stayed at the spa resort in Jeju Island and Kyuhyun and I left for Japan in the early hours of the morning. Kyuhyun told me that we’d be staying in Japan for a week, it was great that I had a week with him but wasn’t this taking him away from his busy schedule…? The other members only had three days break and Eunhyuk told me that their manager had reminded them multiple times that they were to resume their daily schedules straight away. Why was Kyuhyun becoming an exception…?

We arrived at the airport terminal and boarded the plane to Osaka, Japan. We were waiting for the plane to take off and I became really curious about the “privileges” Kyuhyun was having. “Kyu…why do you get a week off when the other members only get three?” I asked. Kyuhyun looked at me, and paused for a moment. “Well they…they can do without me. Don’t worry, it’s nothing. At least I get to spend more time with you ^^.” he answered. “Ah…but bu-" suddenly I was stopped when he lent forward and shut me up with a kiss. I completely forgot about what I was asking as my legs weakened, Kyuhyun smiled like he was a little kid who’d done something naughty, I just couldn’t resist it! I quickly lent towards him and pecked him on the cheek, Kyuhyun his “game-on” face and lent towards me again, obviously wanting the same thing. He was just about to kiss me again when we heard someone loudly clear their throat “AHEM!” We turned to see the flight attendant giving us an unpleasant glare. I looked around, there were two little children staring at me and Kyuhyun with great curiousity and interest. Me and Kyuhyun became uncomfortable, I looked at Kyuhyun and he just shrugged and laughed.

After the three hour flight to Japan we arrived at Osaka. When we got to the hotel we were staying at, it was already a little past midday. The hotel was quite similar to the one that I lived in back in Seoul, except it had many more floors. Upon arrival the receptionist gave us the key to our suite, “Kyuhyun! You shouldn’t have chosen such an expensive hotel! A small place would have been fine, really!” I said with astonishment. “Ah it’s nothing, we’re here for a good time so why not?! Don’t worry about the money, angel. Just think of it as…our first date ^^!” Kyuhyun replied happily. I smiled and said “Mmm…just this once alright?! Our second date is on me!” He grabbed my hand and said “Let’s stop this right now, come on! Let’s go and see what our suite looks like!” and he began running off, pulling me along behind.

Our suite was worth its weight in gold. Everything looked expensive! “Kyu…why is there only one bed? You’re not thinking…?” I questioned with a raised eyebrow. “Aigooo~ do you really think I’m that type of guy?! Of course not silly ^^ they ran out of rooms with two beds. I’ll sleep on the couch alright?” he said with an assuring tone. “Aw~ you don’t have to do that…besides, I want to sleep with you next to me…” I said shyly. Kyuhyun smiled and hugged me; “Oh~ how did I ever find a girl like you!”.

We both unpacked our bags and surprisingly I felt no jet lag at all. I stood by the frameless glass window with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands. I looked out into the distance, the inner city of Osaka was really similar to Seoul. I looked about, taking in the view, and then I spotted a big building just across the road. “Kyu, what’s that building over there?” I said pointing out the window. “Oh that’s the biggest department store in Osaka, should we go?” Kyuhyun asked. I nodded with excitement; he knew exactly what I wanted.

The department store really was huge! There were more than two thousand shops spread out on all twelve levels. The place was swarming with people, from young teens to the elderly. On the ninth floor I noticed a shop called “Just Us”. The store sold couple jewelry, everything was really cute! Before we left for Japan I had asked Eunhyuk to lend me a little cash because I felt really bad for relying everything on Kyuhyun >_<. In the Just Us store I bought me and Kyuhyun matching couple rings. The rings had the character “愛” engraved on it, (meaning love – “ai”). Both rings had half hearts imprinted, the really cute thing was is that when you bought the rings together, the two half-hearts would match up and become one. This ring really had a lot of meaning, and it was perfect for me and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun seemed like he’d had enough shopping for one day, of course he insisted he was alright but I knew him well enough to know the truth, so I decided I had had enough too. So Kyuhyun and I decided to go home and cook dinner ourselves. We made our way to the closest supermarket to pick up some ingredients. I found it was just natural to hold Kyuhyun’s hand now, I think he’s pleased about it too! My hands were always cold but Kyuhyun would try to warm them up no matter what, his hands were comfortably warm anyway ^^.

Dinner was really great because both our dishes turned out great. Kyuhyun is really good in the kitchen, I’m sure he would make a good husband…but maybe I’m just getting a little ahead of myself? It would usually take me a while to fall for a guy but with Kyuhyun…there is just something I really like about him, and I’m happy with that ^^.

When the clock was just about to strike 12am, Kyuhyun and I got ready for bed. The night time in spring is really cold in Japan and the temperatures drop as the night progresses. It felt a tiny bit awkward being in the same bed as Kyuhyun…but then again, I didn’t want him shivering on the leather couch in the living room either. We kept ourselves warm under the many layers of blankets and duvets and talked about our families. Kyuhyun said he had an older sister and his parents were both doctors. “Ah… now I see why your father disapproved of you becoming a singer. It’s no wonder, since both your parents are doctors too.” I said. “Yeah…my mother supported my singing career right from the beginning, she didn’t mind if I became a doctor or not. My mother has always thought that being a doctor was hard and she didn’t want me to experience the same burden she had to undergo. Father was different…he had always wanted me to become a doctor, he said that having a medical career bought you lots of good things. Good skills and good money.” Kyuhyun explained. “Wow~ but your father must be very proud of you now huh?! Well my mother is a teacher, she teaches primary school kids, and my father is an architect. I considered being a teacher at one point but I found that journalism was more out there and challenging. Then again, if I hadn’t chosen journalism I would have never met you again huh?” I said smiling. I looked over to Kyuhyun, he was smiling too. I shuffled a little closer to him, the night had grown immensely cold. My head lay on his arm and my breath was felt against his chest…I couldn’t think of anything that could ruin this moment.