Chapter Twenty Seven

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~

My eyelids started drooping as I began to feel tired, it had been a long day. Suddenly someone’s hands cupped around my eyes, I jumped a little and quickly opened them. I turned around and found Eunhyuk and the other boys piling into the room, “Hey Singing Angel, oppa’s here!” said Eunhyuk childishly. I smiled before standing up from my seat and giving him a quick hug, “Singing Angel, where’s Donghae’s bag? I want to open it straight away!” exclaimed Yesung as he arrived at my side. “Yah! Yesung, don’t be so eager! We just got here!” scolded Heechul. I laughed, “Oh no it’s alright Heechul, we can open it now. Come on Yesung, do you want to open it?” I asked the now excited turtle lover. “YES YES YES!” Yesung said with beaming eyes as he jumped up and down like a child. The other boys crowded around us as I passed the black Nike bag over to Yesung, everyone was anticipating the contents of it. Yesung held the zip between his thumb and index finger and slowly pulled it along the seams…there were several confused looks around the room, nothing out of the ordinary was in Donghae’s bag. “Aw…this was no fun…” said Yesung with a pout, before throwing the bag to the side. Leeteuk quickly went to pick it up, “No no, there must be something in here. We must look carefully!” said Leeteuk, keeping everyone’s hopes up. Everyone nodded and gathered around Leeteuk, except Yesung who didn’t seem to be interested anymore, and sat himself in the corner so he could start playing Turtle Farm on his iPhone. I walked over to him, wanting to cheer him up. “Yesung oppa, don’t be so sad…I’m sure there is something important in Donghae’s bag. The detectives said so themselves!” I explained, sitting in the seat next to him. Without looking up from the screen he replied, “Oh no, I’m not sad anymore! Ddangkoma cheered me up!” before shoving the screen in my face. On the illuminated touch screen was a small animated turtle, rolling around in its tank. I laughed, Yesung is just too adorable! “Alright, I’m glad you’re-“ suddenly I stopped as he touched my philtrum. Instantly, I froze as Yesung smiled amusingly, “Singing Angel, your philtrum is very smooth and beautiful” he praised. I bit my lip as my cheeks grew pink from embarrassment, “Th-thank you oppa…” before shuffling away.

“Any luck?” I asked the boys, who were still determined to find something important in the bag. They all shook their heads and sighed, “This is harder than you’d think…” replied Heechul glumly. Suddenly a small red gift box fell out of Donghae’s bag, everyone’s eyes followed it as it rolled under the bed. Instantly, Eunhyuk knelt down and fished it back out. The members all exchanged knowing looks, even Yesung, who had been so engaged in Turtle Farm, rushed over…”Singing Angel, I think you should open this…” hesitated Eunhyuk as he placed the box into my hands. I looked around at the others, they nodded at me in encouragement. I slowly lifted the lid off the small gift box…revealing two rings, engagement rings. I cupped my mouth with my hands in shock, “He…he wanted to propose to you, Singing Angel…” Ryeowook replied quietly. “Yeah, we all knew he was going to do it…” Siwon added softly. “I-I don’t know what to say…” I said biting my lip, Donghae had wanted to propose to me? But he…he got in an accident and didn’t have the chance to ask me to marry him…and what if he never wakes up again?! Oh no…I can’t think like this! Yes, Donghae will regain consciousness soon, he has to…and once he opens his eyes I’m going tell him I want to be with him, I want to be with him forever.

“Yobeoseyo?” I said as I answered the incoming call, it was already the next morning. I stared at the small red gift box sitting on Donghae’s bedside table, he had really loved me that much…so much that he was ready to be with me for the rest of his life. Oh Donghae, please wake up soon…”Yah~ Singing Angel, it’s me, Manager Taksama! Strong Heart is inviting you to participate in today’s recording, they want you to open up a bit about your relationship with Kyuhyun” informed Manager. “Really? They want me to appear on their show…?” I said in awe, “Yeah, it’s great isn’t it? This means our cover up was a success! So could you come to the dorm now so we can plan out what you and Kyuhyun are going to say?” asked Manager. “Manager, it’s ok, I know what to expect. I can talk honestly and truthfully this time, Kyuhyun and I were in an actual relationship before remember?!”, “Oh of course, you’re right! You must arrive at the SBS studios before 10am ok? And I’ll send Ryeowook and Sungmin over to the hospital to look after Donghae” replied Manager. “Thank you Manager, I’ll definitely be over by then! Who else will be guesting on the show?”, “You and Kyuhyun, and of course Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Shindong appearing as Teukigayo”, “That’s great, see you soon then!” I said, before hanging up the call. I stood up and strained into a long awaited stretch, before making my way over to Donghae’s side and talking to him as if he was awake, “Hae, I’m going to appear on Strong Heart today! I’m quite nervous you know, I hope everything goes well…and I’ll have to act as Kyuhyun’s girlfriend again, so don’t be jealous ok?! Please wake up soon, we’re all waiting for you”

“Honey, close your eyes, unnie is going to powder you up now” cooed Park Hye In, Strong Heart’s main makeup artist. I shut my eyes and crinkled my nose as she caked on more and more makeup. “Ok~ done! You can open your eyes now, and head off to wardrobe” she said after finishing the last touches. I smiled and nodded, “Thanks Hye In unnie!” I said, as I slipped off the makeup chair and made my way across the busy backstage, dodging crewmen wheeling along filming equipment and producers rushing around talking to various people. I knocked on the wardrobe door before entering, I pushed open the door and was met with an astonishing sight…Eunhyuk whipping off his shirt. Eunhyuk instantly turned around to see who had walked in on him, “Yah~ Singing Angel! I’m glad it’s you, I thought you were one of those wardrobe noonas that always try to walk in on me…” laughed Eunhyuk. As Eunhyuk turned to look at me, I suddenly realized how toned his body was…his broad shoulders, his biceps, his chest, his abs…I shook my head vigorously and snapped out of it, “Oppa, when did you get so toned?! You were always a skinny anchovy…” I exclaimed. Eunhyuk laughed hysterically, “You think so? Well Manager made us work hard with our bodies in preparation for the second album, so I guess this is the result!” replied Eunhyuk. I punched his abs, “Hurry up, put that shirt on already...do you want those noonas to see you?!” I said in an amused tone, Eunhyuk smirked and quickly buttoned up his shirt.

“Welcome to Strong Heart! The one and only place where you can get up close and personal with all your favorite idols! I’m Kang Ho Dong” announced the MC legend, “And I’m Lee Seung Gi! Today, treasured viewers, we have two very special guests on the show, introducing Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun and his girlfriend!” introduced Seung Gi with a smile. Applause was heard from the audience present in the studio, many being Super Junior fans, as the cameras focused on me and Kyuhyun. I smiled sweetly and waved into the lens. The cameras switch back to Ho Dong and Seung Gi, “Welcome, welcome! Now, it doesn’t feel right referring to Kyuhyun’s girlfriend like this…may I get a name please?” asked Ho Dong. I bit my lip as I nervously answered, “Everyone likes to call me Singing Angel” Many gasps of awe were heard from the other guests present, “Wow~ that’s beautiful, Singing Angel! How did this name come about?” questioned Seung Gi. I looked over to Kyuhyun and he squeezed my hand in encouragement, “Well, this might be a big surprise to everyone, but I actually went to high school with Super Junior!” I said, letting myself speak freely. Many faces lit up in surprise, along with impressed nods from the other guests, one of which being comedian Jung Ju Ri, “Oh this is so adorable, this makes them high school sweethearts right?! This reminds me of my high school days~” commented Ju Ri. Laughter rang all around the studio as she reenacted her first date, with Leeteuk acting as her ‘boyfriend’. By now my stomach was cramping from laughter, Jung Ju Ri is really a legend! “So, Kyuhyun, how did you and Singing Angel fall in love? Please tell us about it!” ushered Ho Dong. The cameras once again focused onto Kyuhyun as he smirked adoringly, “It all started last year, when Super Junior went on vacation to Jeju Island, and we invited her to come with us. One night I took her out to dinner and I really began to fall for her, she was everything I had ever wanted in a girl…” explained Kyuhyun, “So I took her hand and led her under a sakura tree, and it was there that I told her I loved her…” he continued. By now the female guests had tears in their eyes and the men seemed to realize a new side of Cho Kyuhyun. I knew how painful it was for him to recall our memories, I reached over and gave him a quick hug, triggering screams of delight from the fan girls in the audience. This time a question was asked by the regular guest, Kim Young Chul, “We all know all relationships have difficult points right?” several nods of agreement were seen around the studio, “Well, I want to ask Singing Angel, what was the hardest point of your relationship with Kyuhyun?” I bit my lip again, I was sure the lipstick Hye In had put on earlier was slowly fading, and shuffled a bit in my seat, “I-I will never forget the time I nearly lost Kyuhyun…” sympathetic sounds emitted from the other guests, “Kyuhyun received orders from his company to start a new solo career in China, I didn’t know this until the night before he had to leave…before I knew it, he wasn’t by my side anymore. The pain I felt without him was indescribable, and I really felt like my life had no purpose…but the reason why Kyuhyun is still at my side today is because he came back for me…” I recalled, as I realized tears had formed in my eyes. I looked around me, I was sure there was no dry eye in the house. “Kyuhyun, why did you come back for her? What was your reason?” Seung Gi asked in a collected tone, “I came back for her… because I had promised to love her forever” Kyuhyun said before casting his eyes down. The studio became completely silent as everyone tried to comprehend this emotional love story. “This, this is really something isn’t it? Everyone, Strong Heart is where heartfelt stories are unearthed, and this is a pure example” Ho Dong spoke softly, which was followed by an overwhelming amount of applause.

“Let’s welcome TEUKIGAYO!” announced Ho Dong and Seung Gi in unison. The walls parted and revealed three boys I knew so well; Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Shindong! I burst into laughter, along with the other guests, as we realized the three boys were dressed in tight, pink, polka dotty dresses with large matching bows on their heads! They strutted their stuff onto the stage as the music began, Orange Caramel’s Magic Girl boomed from the speakers. Teukigayo began shaking their bodies like you’d never imagine, I was amazed by their professionalism! The laughter would not stop as the three boys entertained everyone, with their jaw dropping femininity and their all round charisma! When the music finally drew to a close, the boys flicked their hair and spoke into the microphones in high pitched exaggerated voices, “Hey boys, we’re too sweet for you but we’re Orange Caramel~!” before blowing a kiss into the camera. By now I was finding it hard to breathe because I’d been laughing so hard! I covered my mouth to prevent my laugh level from getting out of control, as Kyuhyun put his hand on my shoulder, also laughing like a dork. Teukigayo began speaking again, “Today, we would like to pass on our stage to Singing Angel. There’s something she’s been shying away from for a long time now, and that’s her singing voice!” Leeteuk exclaimed in delight. “Yes that’s right! The story of how her name became Singing Angel goes like this…” began Shindong, as he recalled the moments from that Christmas showcase, which was held several years ago back at EverLasting Springs High. “So now, Singing Angel, we must hear you sing again! Today we’ve replicated the stage, so this will really help stimulate you!” Eunhyuk explained, as he gave me his hand and led me to the centre of the studio. Leeteuk helped me put on the angels wings as Shindong prepared the microphone, and Eunhyuk was constantly giving me smiles of encouragement. As the three boys stepped away, the spotlight was singly on me. The lights dimmed and created a calm atmosphere, the very same melody that I sang that night once again echoed throughout the studio. White confetti, resembling snow, drifted from above and miraculously I drifted into another world…it seemed like time had stopped once I began singing. After finishing the second chorus, the instrumental followed, I looked towards Kyuhyun and he smiled at me encouragingly, I then suddenly felt that I had to duet with him. It seemed like he had read my mind, one of the coordinators passed Kyuhyun a microphone as he stepped onto the stage. He reached out for my hand, and our fingers intertwined. Together we sang, and soon enough, we had created a harmony that only angels were capable of.

"Singing Angel! Your duet with Kyuhyun, it was amazing! It even brought me to tears!” said Jung Ju Ri, as she wiped her tears with a small tissue. I smiled shyly, “Thank you, I really appreciate your kindness” I said gratefully. “Yes! It was really great, thank you for participating in our recording, we don’t know how to thank you enough!” added Kang Ho Dong, shaking my hand. The two sunbaenims left when their managers called for them, I turned to find Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Shindong and Kyuhyun walking out of wardrobe. They instantly spotted me and waved me over, “Yah~ Singing Angel! You really did us proud!” Leeteuk exclaimed in delight. “Yeah! The media will never uncover the truths, just yet!” Shindong said under his breath, making sure no one had overheard. “That’s my little dongsaeng! Oppa will treat you to something later!” Eunhyuk said in a brotherly tone, patting my head. I smiled and thanked them for their encouragement, before the three were called over by Hye In for makeup removal. However, Kyuhyun was still standing in front of me, it seemed like he was too shocked for words, “Singing Angel…your voice, it’s really amazing! I had never heard you sing before, I didn’t go to that Christmas showcase you performed in back at EverLasting Springs High. That night I had to study for the math examination…and my parents wouldn’t let me go out” recalled Kyuhyun. I laughed and linked arms with him, as we began walking over to Hye In who had grown impatient. “I want to thank you Kyuhyun, thank you for letting me perform a duet with you…while I was on that stage, I felt the need to sing with you. Your voice is indescribable, so don’t ever doubt it, Cho Kyuhyun!” I said, patting his chest, before sitting down in the makeup chair.

"Oh Donghae…I feel so tired, program recordings really take a lot of energy out of you doesn’t it?! But today I sang publically for the first time, in a long time! Do you remember the time I sang at the Christmas showcase in high school? Teukigayo practically remade that moment, with the angel wings, the snow, everything! I also sang a duet with Kyuhyun, a lot of people have been praising us about it, including Jung Ju Ri and Kang Ho Dong sunbaenim! I’ll show you the episode when it airs ok? But first you’ve got to wake up, because we all miss you!” I said to Donghae, who was still peacefully asleep in the hospital bed. I walked over to the window that overlooked Seoul city and I sat myself on the low window sill, clearing my mind and taking in the view. I sighed and closed my eyes, before dozing into a needed sleep.

Oh why isn’t Eunhyuk picking up?! I decided to dial to Leeteuk instead, the ringing was endless and, still, no one answered from the other end. I went through all the members, one by one, before shoving my cell phone back into my pocket in frustration. I paced around the room, trying to figure out why they wouldn’t answer my calls…I was sure they had said their schedules were free today, and yesterday, all of them had promised to come to the hospital too! Suddenly my stomach rumbled, I looked at the clock and realized it was a lot later than dinner time. I sighed, maybe once I come back from dinner they’d be here…

I pushed down the handle into Donghae’s room, instantly my hopes were lost. Not a single one of the thirteen boys were anywhere to be seen…my frustration had faded and was replaced by worry, what if…what if something bad had happened to them?! Oh no, I shook my head vigorously, trying to get the horrific idea out of my mind. Maybe I should shut my eyes for a while, they can wake me up when they come…

I shifted in my seat as I heard a harmonious tune echo down the hallway. I got up from my sleeping position and peeked through the window, finally, Super Junior had arrived. I quickly opened the door and yelled at them “YAH! Do you know how worried I was about all of you?! None of you would answer my calls and I thought something bad might have happened! You guys are so-“ suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, a nurse had a finger to her lips and glaring at me to shut up. I looked at my watch, it was a little past 11:30pm…I bit my lip, slightly embarrassed and extremely apologetic, the boys crowded around me and herded me back into Donghae’s room. When we had all entered the room I was met by thirteen tired and sleepy faces, I began to feel guilty for lashing out on them earlier, “Guys…I’m sorry I yelled at you all…I was really worried sick! But I’m glad you’re all here now, though you all look very tired…I think it’s best if you all go back to the dorm and get some rest” I said apologetically. Suddenly Sungmin and Ryeowook stood out from the group, “Singing Angel…do you know what day it is tomorrow?” Sungmin asked quietly. My mind raced as I tried to remember, was it one of their birthdays? I am the worst at remembering dates…I bit my lip, and hesitantly shook my head. “This same time last year was the day you met again with Donghae on the plane, when you both fell in love…” answered Ryeowook. My eyes widened and I blinked several times, still trying piece everything together. Ryeowook came to my side and handed me a piece of music transcript, many notes and lyrics lined the page. I took a glance at what was placed in my hands, before looking up at the boys. “We thought it’d be nice to compose a song for you and Donghae, since you’d promised to marry him and be with him for the rest of your life, once he wakes up” explained Leeteuk. “Yeah, we spent all day in the recording studio and finally we’ve perfected it” added Heechul. I was on the brink of tears when I looked back at the music transcript, the song was titled Marry U…”I…I don’t know what to say…you are all the best brothers I could ever have asked for…” I said, before they all crowded around me in a tight group hug. “Hey guys, look at the time…it’s three minutes to 12am, should we sing this song to Donghae now?” asked Kibum. Everyone nodded in agreement, and Eunhyuk began his part…”Love oh baby my girl, geudaen naui juhnbu nunbushige areumdawoon…” the harmonious and meaningful melody drew to an end, as the last beats chimed in time with the clock as it struck 12am…I looked down at Donghae, I wanted to tell him how much I wanted to be with him forever…suddenly, a miracle like no other occurred, Donghae’s eyes began slowly, and gradually, to open… 

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Phew~ that was a long chapter wasn't it?! Longest I've ever written actually ^^ thanks for reading and please continue to support! And to all new readers, I really love comments! So comment away!

-HaeppyBubble