Chapter Nineteen

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Nineteen ~

I yawned as I pushed open the glass doors into the Top Idol building. Who knew Super Junior’s pajama parties could be so…WILD?! None of us got a wink of sleep last night~ we all spent the night playing truth or dare and, of course, having the occasional competitive pillow fight! Truth or dare was very interesting…Super Junior is actually very child-like, their dares were amusing to say the least! Though at the back of my thoughts, Donghae was always there. The sadness that I saw in his eyes became a vivid image in my mind, and I can’t help but worry for him. I had been so sure he had moved on, I just wished he had…so he didn’t have to be in so much pain. Just to think all this time, half a year’s worth of time, he’d been in suffering. Only if there was something I could do…“Good morning there!” greeted Lee Woo Nim, the day shift guard at the Top Idol HQ, as I entered through the doors. My head quickly looked up as I emerged from my deep thoughts, “Ah~ Woo Nim sshi, it’s you!” I said as I smiled back. “Oh yes, I heard about you dating that maknae from Super Junior…Cho Kyuhyun isn’t it?” he asked with uncertainty. I blushed as he mentioned Kyuhyun, scenes of his public confession from the previous night flooded my head. “Yes, Cho Kyuhyun. How did you find out about it so quickly?!” I replied through an amused laugh. “Well, I am the legendary day shift guard of this building after all. I know about everything that comes in and out of these doors, don’t underestimate me!” smiled Woo Nim. “I better head off now, Yoo Bin sunbae isn’t going to be happy if I’m late!” I said as I waved goodbye.

"Welcome to Top Idol Author’s HQ, Level 12” announced the pre-recorded voice. I stepped out of the elevator and looked out into the office, expecting everyone to be working productively. Hwah?! The office is empty…I stared down at my watch, it’s already 8:30am. Even the often late Soong Gi would be here by now! I hesitantly made my way over to my working desk and dropped everything onto its surface. I put my hands on my hips and scanned the office, had I been mistaken? Maybe today’s our day off…”CONGRATULATIONS MRS CHO KYUHYUN!” shouted my fellow colleagues as they jumped out of their hiding places. My heart skipped a beat due to massive shock, I breathed out and began laughing with delight. Soong Gi came over and put his arm around my shoulder, “Ah~ dongsaeng, you’re growing up! I can’t believe you managed to capture the heart of THE Cho Kyuhyun! Everyone is so happy for you ^^ well…except Min Ji noona, she’s just a little envious…” whispered Soong Gi. “Thank you oppa! Min Ji unnie? She…she was interested in Kyuhyun?” I said in surprise. Soong Gi nodded and patted my back “I think you should go talk to her, or else she’s going to make your place here very difficult”. I looked over to where Min Ji was, she was glaring at me unpleasantly. I better go talk to her now, before things get out of hand…I vigorously flattened down the front of my skirt as I walked awkwardly towards her desk. Her working space was extremely tidy but a framed image of Kyuhyun stuck out like a sore thumb. “Good morning Min Ji unnie, I-" I was interrupted by her angered voice, “What do you want huh? You already took Kyuhyun away, what else do you want?!” I tried to calm her down, “Min Ji unnie, I know you also like Kyuhyun and he is really a great guy too. But do you know the whole story of what happened last night?” I asked her quietly. She paused to think, then finally replied, “Well…no, BUT I already heard it all from the other authors. I already know what I need to know, thank you very much.” she said bluntly. I took in a deep breath, “Unnie, you must know this so please lend me your ears. Last night Kyuhyun said something to his fans that really moved me, he said that his fans would always have an important place in his heart no matter what happens. He would not like to know that his fans are in pain, he wants them to understand him. To accept things as they are. Please Min Ji unnie, if you’re not going to do this for me, do it for Kyuhyun ok?” I said in a pleading tone. Min Ji’s face was no longer sour, she stood up and held my hands. "Dongsaeng, I’m sorry…I didn’t know the whole story and jumped to conclusions. Anyway, I am too old for Kyuhyun ^^ you are perfect for him, you really are. Please look after him well, we as fans are counting on you alright?!” she said with a growing smile.

"Wha…what is it…?" I murmured as I woke up from sleep. Soong Gi was shaking my shoulder, “Dongsaeng, you’ve been sleeping for quite a while now! It’s time to go home.” I quickly woke myself up, “What?! I’ve been sleeping this whole time?! Did…did Yoo Bin sunbae see me?!” I asked worriedly, if Yoo Bin sunbae had seen me…I could lose my job! "No no, don’t worry about that ^^ we kept him away!” said Soong Gi proudly. “Oh thank you so much!” I said and I hugged him tightly. “Ah~ I’m so sleepy…I didn’t even get a wink of sleep last night. I’ll be off now, see you tomorrow oppa!” I said as I grabbed my bags and headed for the elevator.

"Welcome to the ground floor of the Top Idol HQ, thank you for visiting.” said the voice in elevator. “Hey, Mrs Cho Kyuhyun!” it was Woo Nim and he was waving vigorously at me to approach him. I walked over to him, “What’s up Woo Nim sshi?”. He bent down behind his desk and seemed to be gathering something into his arms. He emerged with a whole lot of presents, “He…here, these were some gifts left from fans, Kyuhyun fans. They want to congratulate you.” Woo Nim said as he hauled them onto his desk. “Ah~ thank you for looking after them ^^” I stared at the pile of gifts, how was I supposed to carry all of this?! Woo Nim helped me out placed them all into my arms and held the door open for me. "Thanks, see you tomorrow Woo Nim sshi!”, he smiled back and nodded.

I walked out to the edge of the street to catch a taxi, none of them seemed to be vacant…”OMO IT’S KYUHYUN’S GIRLFRIEND! KYAAAH!” I turned to find a whole group of fan girls heading my way. “Hey can we please take a photo with you unnie?” asked one of the young girls. “Um…alright?” I replied as I awkwardly placed down the gifts. After posing for fifty or so photos, the fan girls finally became satisfied and waved goodbye. I breathed in and let out a huge sigh of relief, I really had become an overnight celebrity…I glared at the gifts at my feet, oh how am I going to get home with these…? "Yah Singing Angel!” shouted a familiar voice from behind me. I turned to find Eunhyuk, “OPPA! YOU’RE A LIFESAVER! Come here quickly, can you please help me out with these gifts?”, “Hahaha~ where did you get all those from?” Eunhyuk said laughing. “Eunhyukkie, Super Junior fans are so generous ^^ this is what they gave me today, anyway what are you doing here?” I asked. “The other boys are out for dinner so I decided to come and see if you had time for me to treat you to a meal!” exclaimed Eunhyuk. Suddenly my cell phone began ringing, I reached into my bag and pulled it out. “Yobeoseyo?”, "It’s…it’s Kyuhyun…I’m…I’m sick…” I froze, “Ok hang in there Kyu, I’m coming now.” I hung up the call and looked up at Eunhyuk. “Hyuk, Kyuhyun is sick. I have to get to him now, please take these back to Miinah Street ok? Here, take this card and swipe it and you’ll get in. And sorry…let’s eat together next time alright? Thanks oppa!” I said quickly as I handed him the golden card. I ran towards the intersection, looking in every direction hoping there would be an empty taxi, as panic grew within me.