Chapter Thirty

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

Chapter Thirty

 

Excited screams rippled through the audience as Donghae knelt before me, holding open the small red gift box I had previously encountered. I cupped my mouth, my body froze and my head felt light. Donghae’s deep brown eyes sparkled, like nothing I had ever seen before, as he smiled sincerely up at me. It seemed like time had stopped. My thoughts flooded back to the night we found the engagement rings in Donghae’s bag…I vividly remember that moment, that throbbing feeling in my heart that made me feel sick…just watching him lie helplessly in that hospital bed with the key to his life in my hands. But here he was, asking for my hand in marriage…and to think, a few days ago I had doubted that these words would ever have the chance to escape from Donghae’s sea of thoughts. I bit my lip, trying to fight back tears. But they were forced to escape and trickled down my cheeks. Suddenly the fans began chanting, it seemed like they had had this planned all along, “HAENGEL! HAENGEL! HAENGEL!” they were all eager for me to say ‘yes’. I glanced up at the row of boys that stood before me, they were all smiling and nodding in encouragement. I finally looked back down at Donghae…I took in a deep breath, and nodded. “Yes, Donghae…I will marry you, I want to be with you, be with you forever…” I managed to say, before my tears really started to flow out like rain that doesn’t stop. The expression on Donghae’s face that followed was priceless, and I wouldn’t give it away for anything in the world. Instantly, he stood up and pulled me into his arms as the fans admired and adored the scene that blossomed in front of them. Donghae caressed my cheek and it gently with his thumb, wiping away the tears that stained my face. “Saranghae Mrs. Lee Donghae…”

Manager Taksama dropped another whole wad of agreement papers onto the coffee table. Donghae and I sat on the couch, flipping through various wedding catalogues, trying to decide which company we would endorse for our wedding day. “Kids, get back to me by the end of tonight ok? I need to go pick up the boys at their various schedule venues and whatnot. I’ll be back in two hours, so I expect a decision by then!” Manager said, before leaving out the door with the keys to Super Junior’s van. “Yes Manager…” Donghae and I murmured in low spirits. “Hae…do we really have to look through all of these? Most of them look the same anyway…” I said through a small yawn, resting my head on his shoulder. “Ah~ yeobo…you want our wedding day to be the best day our lives right?” Donghae asked, as he put his arm around me. I sat up again and nodded, but my eyelids began to feel heavy. Donghae laughed softly, adoring my every move. “You’re sleepy aren’t you? Here, I’ll look through all of them and you can rest” he replied with a chuckle, signaling me to rest my head on his lap. “If you insist…” I mumbled, before making myself comfortable and falling into a deep slumber.

I woke up to the front door of Super Junior’s dorm unlocking, as I recognized the voices of the other boys. I sat up to find Donghae also sleeping soundly, but as I got up he stirred in his sleep and clutched his leg. “Ugh…my leg…”Donghae groaned in pain, as he slowly opened his eyes. “Ah! Hae, I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have slept on it for so long!” I exclaimed in guilt, massaging his leg to help ease his cramp. “Ngg…don’t do it so hard…yeobo, this must be y-your first time…” Donghae moaned. “Donghae! You’re taking Singing Angel’s v-card already?! That’s a bit quick, even for you hyung!” Kyuhyun exclaimed in a cheeky tone. Donghae and I looked up to find the boys and Manager Taksama standing at the front door, staring intently at us. “Hae, at least have the decency to take her to your room. Then we wouldn’t have walked in on you two like this!” added Heechul with a smirk. “You guys are all so erted! We weren’t doing anything like that, my leg stiffened up and Singing Angel was loosening it up for me” Donghae tried to explain. “That sounds like a whole lot of to me!” Leeteuk replied, who seemed to have lost his sense of maturity. “Oppa…we weren’t doing anything, really! I slept on Donghae’s lap for too long, it was my fault…” I insisted. They all sighed, “Ok, Singing Angel, we’ll take your word for it then. You are our innocent little dongsaeng afterall!” Eunhyuk finally said, wanting to put an end to it all. The rest of them laughed it off, before joining us on the couch. “So, made up your minds yet?” Hangeng asked, picking up one of the many catalogues on the coffee table. “Yah Heechul, you’ll look good in this one!” Kangin joked, as he pointed to one of the bridal dresses in his pamphlet. Heechul hissed and punched Kangin’s upper arm, making the other wince in pain. “I wish we had… but there are simply too many to choose from!” Donghae explained. “Oh that’s alright, we’ll help you” Leeteuk offered, picking up a stack full of unsighted material. The rest nodded in agreement, and they too grabbed a bunch off the table. I looked back down at the magazine that sat on my lap, suddenly something caught my eye. “Yah~ Singing Angel, look at this one, I think you’ll look pretty in it” Eunhyuk suggested, pointing at one of the pages of the pamphlet he was holding. “Wait, you look at THIS first” I said, showing him my magazine. Eunhyuk paused for a moment, but then laughed awkwardly. “Oppa, isn’t that your sister’s name?!” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Yeah, Lee Sora…she’s a wedding dress designer” he replied. “Well, is it ok if your sister designs my wedding dress for me?” I asked, clutching his arm. “Her work isn’t renown for anything you know…it’s nothing special” he insisted. “I don’t care about that, I want Lee HyukJae’s sister to be the designer of my wedding dress! It will really mean a lot to me…do you remember when we went to high school? Sora unnie would always make us bibimbap for those picnics we used to have together, I want this dress to be special”. Eunhyuk smiled and then pinched my nose, “Mmm…alright, I’ll make sure she comes up with something good for you then!”

“Sora noona? Are you here? It’s HyukJae!” Eunhyuk called, as we pushed open the glass doors into Lee Sora’s Boutique. Her workplace was beautiful, the pearly white walls were lined with silver lights that made the entire place glow. Racks of lace and silk flowed like rivers, and a few mannequins stood guard in the display area at the front of her boutique. Suddenly, a familiar figure emerged from the storage room that was hidden by a white silken curtain. “Yah! LEE HYUKJAE! Took you long enough to come visit your sister!” she joked, playfully ruffling his toffee brown hair. “Oh, Super Junior! You’re all getting really popular these days, right?” she greeted the other boys cheerfully. Suddenly, Sora glanced over at me, she was expressionless for a moment and pulled Eunhyuk closer to whisper into his ear. Eunhyuk smiled back at her and nodded, which then triggered a similar smile to creep across her lips. “Singing Angel? Is that really you?!” Sora exclaimed, rushing over and taking my hands. I bowed my head slightly, “Sora unnie, it’s really me!” I replied squeezing her hands, relieved that she had been able to remember me. She lent in closer before whispering into my ear, “And you're Donghae’s bride to be, am I right?”, “Unnie, Eunhyuk’s been gossiping hasn’t he?!” I replied, accusing her little brother. “Aigoo~ do you really think I’d miss it? A good sister has to make sure her brother isn’t causing any trouble, and sj-stalkers.com really helps me with that. So, along the way, I picked up on Donghae’s cute little proposal!” she said with a laugh. “Then, will unnie help Donghae and I design our wedding attire?” I asked softly. “Oh of course, it’d be my pleasure! Here, come with me” she replied, signaling me to follow her over to her office. I turned to Donghae, who was still standing at the entrance admiring the wonders of Sora’s workplace. I smiled to myself, he’s such a child sometimes, but I think I like him best like that ^^. “Hae, baby, come on! We’re going to talk with Sora unnie in her office” I said, as I reached for his hand. “Ok, let’s go! And I think the others will be fine out here too, look at them!” he laughed in amusement, pointing at the boys trying to squeeze themselves into various wedding dresses and tuxedoes.

“Yah~ Donghae, noona was right! Remember what I told you back at high school? If you kept loving her the way you did, things will find a way themselves” Sora said, while rummaging her draws for a pencil. I looked up at Donghae, who sat in the white leather seat next to me, and he took my hand before giving it a light squeeze. “Ah, here’s one…so, what did you two have in mind? Any ideas?” Sora asked as she sharpened her pencil. “To be honest, we don’t have anything in particular yet…” I confessed. Sora then looked at Donghae, “Actually, I’ve had this idea for a while now…yeobo, how about we have Sora noona design your dress in imitation of an angel?” he suggested. “Kyaaah~! That’s a great idea, Hae! Of course, everyone calls me Singing Angel these days anyway” I agreed enthusiastically. “An angel it is, leave it me” Sora answered, while quickly noting down several ideas and terms only she would understand. “Oh, and Donghae, how about your tuxedo?” she asked, looking up from her sketchbook. “Hae, I was thinking that your tuxedo could be white so it can match my dress, is that a good idea?” I asked, seeking agreement. “Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking too! Though, purely white may look typical and slightly plain…” Donghae said, sticking his tongue out as her began thinking harder. “Yah~ how about Sapphire Blue? Maybe your bow tie and waist belt could be that color” I suggested. “Ah yeobo, you come up with the best ideas! The fans will surely love the Sapphire Blue, they are a big part of our lives after all. So we mustn’t disregard them” Donghae added. “White…Sapphire Blue…ok! Then, how about your best men Donghae? I guess I’ll be busy making twelve identical tuxedos for them then?!” Sora said with a laugh. “If it’s not too much to ask…? I really should just choose one shouldn’t I?” Donghae replied biting his lip. “No, no, I want all of Super Junior to be the best men at our wedding, really! But yes, if it’s not too much trouble for you Sora unnie?” I asked, acknowledging the hours she’d have to spend making thirteen separate tuxedos on top of my dress. “Oh it’s fine, trust me! I’ve taken larger orders than this before, so don’t worry about it. And plus, before I opened my own store I used to tailor clothing for Super Junior. So I am pretty familiar with their measurements, I’ll just have to measure you today, Singing Angel” Sora replied, grabbing the measuring tape off corner of her desk. “And Donghae, would you mind stepping out to make sure those kids aren’t doing anything too bizarre with my dresses?!”

“Wow Singing Angel, your waist line is so slim!” Sora exclaimed as she wrote down the last measurement. I smiled and blushed slightly, “Thank you unnie, and thank you for agreeing to make our wedding attire for us” I replied gratefully. “Oh it’s my pleasure, I remem-“, “HEENIM! YOU’RE LOOKING Y!” instantly both our eyes grew wide. It was Kangin’s voice coming from the other side of the door. We burst out into laughter, “Unnie, I think I know what they’re doing now…” I finally said. “So do I, let’s go watch them shall we?” Sora suggested as she opened the door.

“Ready?” I asked Sora, as we both prepared ourselves for what we were going to see. “Yes!” she replied with a smile. I held in my breath and slowly pulled aside the silken drape that separated her office from the rest of the store…what we saw was a new, but predictable, side of Super Junior. Heechul, Eunhyuk and Sungmin, who had the most feminine figures, had managed to slip themselves into the wedding dresses that were on display. The others had set up a “catwalk” platform that ran right down the middle of the boutique, by pushing together five low tables from the waiting room. All the boys instantly stopped once they saw Sora and I, they had been caught red handed. Sora laughed and stepped up onto the platform, ready to make an announcement. “Tonight, Lee Sora’s Boutique will be hosting Super Junior’s Bridal Showdown, featuring our lovely ladies. Introducing Kim Heechul, Lee HyukJae and Lee Sungmin!” she said, welcoming the three onto the platform. Everyone applauded and whistled in excitement, as the three acted like feisty female models. “But, we cannot do with just three can we? We need a volunteer” Sora said, scanning the audience. All the boys laughed awkwardly, hoping they weren’t chosen. “Kim Young Woon, get your up here!” Heechul hissed, evidently hungry for revenge. “Aish! The dresses won’t fit me you idiot” Kangin bit back, trying his hardest to back out of it. “Oh don’t worry, Kangin. I have larger sizes in the storage room if you need them” Sora replied. “KIM YOUNG WOON! KIM YOUNG WOON!” the others chanted, eager to see Kangin in a dress. Kangin lowered his head to hide his reddening face, “Fine…” he mumbled. Instantly everyone cheered in excitement, “Ok, we must split into teams now. I want to see some serious competition here! Team Cinderella- Leeteuk, Hangeng, Yesung. Team Anchovy- Siwon and Donghae. Team Pink Pumpkin- Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. Team #1 Handsome Guys- Shindong and Kibum. You will be judged on your choice of dress, makeup, and performance. Tonight, Singing Angel and I will be your judges to impress” Sora added. “We don’t have any makeup though…” said Yesung. “I have my makeup bag, and you do too, right Sora unnie?” I asked. “Yes I do, so no more questions? Ok, LET’S GO!”

“This is going to be fun isn’t it? We’re in for a long night I think” I said, as I helped Sora set up our judge’s table. “Yeah it will be but it’s hard to find men who are willing to play dress ups with you these days. Though, luckily wehave Super Junior, they’re a wonderful bunch of handsome young men” she replied, placing two glasses of water onto the table. “That’s for sure. So, we will have scoring sheets right?” I asked, taking a seat. “Yes, here, this is how it works” Sora began, sitting down and handing over the scoring paper. “Here you write their score out of ten and the comments go in this column. Then you add everything up and put their total score here” she continued. “Ok, I understand! Are they finished yet? Thirty minutes is nearly up” I said reminding her. Sora looked at her watch, “They have two more minutes, come on. Let’s go give them a countdown!” she said as she pulled me up from my seat.

“YOU ALL HAVE THIRTY SECONDS AND COUNTING!” Sora and I shouted in unison, standing on the bench in the changing room. The boys all quickly rushed around, putting the final touches on their models. Neither of us could see Heechul, Eunhyuk, Sungmin or Kangin, they were all hidden behind draped sheets for the surprise reveal. “THREE…TWO…ONE…TIME’S UP!” Sora shouted, “Time for the catwalk and judging!” I announced. Everyone filed out to the front of the store, but Kyuhyun stopped in front of me. “Yah…Singing Angel, don’t be biased towards Team Anchovy just because Donghae’s there ok? Remember, I was the one who helped you pass that level on Starcraft!” Kyuhyun whispered with a smirk. “Yeah yeah...but sadly, I’m immune to your sweet talking now, Kyu!” I replied with a smile, hugging his arm and dragging him out with me.

“Let’s bring out model number one, Miss. Kim Heechul from Team Cinderella!” Sora announced, as the boys cheered in anticipation. Suddenly, out from behind the white silken curtain, he appeared. “Wow…” we all said in awe. Heechul wore a slimming white wedding dress, with a long flowing tail trailing behind him. Black extensions had been carefully placed in Heechul’s hair, which made it fall all the way down to his waist, and every time he blinked, his lengthy eyelashes fluttered. “Hee-sica imnida…” he said softly, yet seductively. Suddenly, Hangeng and Siwon rushed over to Sora’s shop counter and grabbed tissues to silence their nosebleeds, while the rest of us basked in the feminine beauty of Kim Heechul. I quickly shook my head, why do I suddenly feel jealous of a man’s body…?! “M-Miss Kim Heechul, isn’t it? Team Cinderella has done a fine job, I must say. Who was in charge of your dress?” Sora asked ‘Hee-sica’. “Hangeng sshi…” he replied in an even softer voice. “Geng, how did you manage to choose such a fitting dress for Heenim?” I added. “I used Heechul’s feminine curves to our advantage, and chose a dress that thoroughly outlined his figure perfectly” Hangeng replied confidently. “They really thought about the dress didn’t they?!” I said under my breath to Sora. She nodded in definite agreement. “Then who was in charge of makeup?” Sora asked again. “Leeteuk sshi…” Heechul replied, fluttering his eyelashes. “Leeteuk? I didn’t think you were that good with makeup! How did you manage to make Hee-sica’s eyes appear so captivating?” I asked, surprised that Leeteuk, of all people, was responsible for it all. “I carefully outlined under his eyes and eyelids, making sure the effect was subtle, so that he still looked gentle, yet captivating” Leeteuk responded with expertise. “Thank you Leeteuk. Now Hee-sica, I believe you have a performance prepared for us?” Sora finally asked. “Yes…” he replied, subtly nodding. “I guess Yesung was the one responsible for this part right?” I questioned. “Yeah it was me! Really me!” Yesung exclaimed, who seemed to be extremely proud of himself. “Ok, Hee-sica, you may begin your performance” Sora continued. Heechul nodded, “YESUNG! HIT THE MUSIC!” he suddenly shouted, making us all jump in shock. His so-called ‘femininity’ instantly vanished. “YAH! HURRY UP!” Heechul ordered again, as Yesung fumbled with the stereo player…” Aha~ Listen Boy…My First Love Story…My Angel and My Girls…My sunshine Oh! Oh! Let's go!” I cupped my mouth as I tried to suppress an amused giggle, as the other boys face palmed themselves and sighed. Heechul smiled widely, enjoying every second of his time in the spotlight. He seemed to have the whole Gee dance routine engraved in his head, and every move was an exact imitation. Finally the tune of SNSD’s hit song drew to a close as Heechul breathed deeply to try catch his breath again. “T-that was very entertaining Hee-sica…thank you, we will now discuss your overall performance” Sora concluded, though still slightly awestruck from what she had just witnessed. “BABO BABO BABO HA!” Hee-sica chanted, as ‘her’ final words before leaving the catwalk. As soon as he stepped off the platform we were all glad he had returned to being the Heechul we loved, “Yesung! my dress now, it’s killing me! Seriously!”

“All models please enter the catwalk once again, welcome welcome!” Sora invited the four ‘ladies’ back onto the platform. Sora and I had added up our scores and had decided on a winner. First in line was Hee-sica, who had, of course, regained her sweet and innocent side. Yesung had also somehow managed to stuff Heechul back into the dress. Second was Eunhyuk, who stood in a short bridal gown that fully revealed his rough, yet shapely, legs. Next was Sungmin, he wore an extremely lacey frock that reflected his aegyo personality well. Also, the thin veil over his head and face was an elegant addition. So finally, we were left with Kangin…the ‘wild card’, who did not seem to enjoy suffering in Heechul’s manipulative ways of revenge. He wore a dress that puffed up at the bottom and had frilly lining running down the seams, it was one of the only dresses Kangin could properly fit in. But we had to give credit to Team #1 Handsome Guys, they had worked well with what they had. “The winner of Super Junior’s Bridal Showdown will be deciding what’s for dinner tonight, provided by our lovely chef Hangeng!” Sora began, before the boys cheered in excitement. Hangeng gave me a shocked expression, “When was I involved in this?!” he mouthed. I pouted pleadingly and tried out my best aegyo (taught by Sungmin of course) which made Hangeng smile, he just nodded and accepted the fact he was making dinner tonight. “Now we will announce our third place winner. Singing Angel, over to you” Sora said turning to me. “The third place winner of Super Junior’s Bridal Showdown is…Lee Sungmin with Team Pink

Pumpkin!” I announced happily. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun jumped up and down like little kids and celebrated their victory. “Team Pink Pumpkins, you all put in a lot of thought for Sungmin’s dress. It matched him well” I continued. “Yes that’s right Singing Angel. Now, the second placing goes to…”, “Receiving second place is…Lee HyukJae with Team Anchovy!” I revealed. “Miss Shanghai! Miss Shanghai! Miss Shanghai!” everyone chanted. “Your attempt to dance Sorry Sorry in that short dress really was a feat to remember!” Sora continued. Donghae suddenly hugged me from behind, “Thanks yeobo…” he whispered into my ear, I just simply smiled. “So, Singing Angel, this leaves us with one more place, the grand winner of Super Junior’s Bridal Showdown goes to…”, “Kim Heechul with Team Cinderella!” I finally announced. “Hee-sica! Hee-sica! Hee-sica!” they rooted once again. “BABO BABO BABO HA!”

I let the water run into the sink as I plugged up the hole, and I squirted the neon green dish washing liquid onto the bowls and utensils. I tied Ryeowook’s pink apron around me and slipped on the yellow rubber gloves. Hangeng had really cooked up a feast tonight, Team Cinderella had chosen to have Beijing Fried Rice and pork dumplings for dinner. I insisted on washing the dishes, so the others began a game of hide and seek around the dorm. Suddenly I felt someone’s arms slip around my waist, I smiled to myself, “Hae, don’t you think you’ve had enough of me for one day?! Go join the other boys and have some fun” I said teasingly. “But…I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of you, if you continue to tease me like this…” he whispered seductively into my ear. “If you be a good boy I will consider it ok?! Now help me” I said throwing a tea towel at him. I passed him a scrubbed bowl and he wiped it dry before placing it onto the rack. “Yah~ yeobo, how many children do you think we should have?” Donghae asked out of nowhere. “Hm…I think we should have two children, a boy and a girl” I replied. “That’s what I’d like too! How about we name the boy Chyeong Gong* and the girl Hae Yeong*?” Donghae suggested. I gave him a confused look, “Chyeong Gong and Hae Yeong?” I said, echoing his words. “Yeah, Chyeong Gong means the sky and Hae Yeong means the sea. You’re the angel that fell from the sky and I’m the East Sea that broke your fall”.

*It’s known for a fact that Donghae wishes to name his children “Lee Sky” and “Lee Sea/Ocean” (I translated Korean Hanja into Hangul to find the names), really! 

 

A/N: Yaaay! 30th chapter mark ^^ hope you're all enjoying this fanfic. But I'm sorry I update so slowly now...I'm quite busy at school >_< so thanks a lot for waiting so patiently (since I left you all hanging so badly last time *evil smirk*)! Anyway, I hope this long chapter made up for it ^^!

-HaeppyBubble