Chapter Twenty Two

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Twenty Two ~

I burst through the doors into the main foyer of Seoul Central Hospital, I felt as though my heart was no longer beating...it seemed like time had come to a stop. The smiling face of Donghae kept reappearing in my mind, and I couldn't help thinking, would I be able to see him one last time? Or was it already all too late...? Donghae can't be taken from me like this...does life have to be so unfair? I threw myself at the receptionist's counter and spoke frantically to the nurses behind it, "LEE DONGHAE! WHICH ROOM IS HE IN?!" The nurses all looked in my direction and the one sitting behind the computer monitor shook her head at the other nurses, signalling them to keep their mouths shut. She glanced at me once and looked back at the other nurses before whispering, "Don't say anything...she must be a fan...", "I'M NOT A FAN! I must see him!" I screamed. "I'm sorry madam, we have received direct orders to keep information about this patient confidential. It is unfortunate we cannot help you..." said the youngest nurse, who was in the corner filing away papers. My eyes began filling with tears as I thought of Donghae lying in the hospital bed alone and in pain...I attempted once again to plead the stubborn nurses. "Is he in a critical condition?! When was he brought in?! Please answer me...he is really important to me..." I said, almost wanting to get down on my knees. Not one of the nurses spoke a word but I knew I had to get to Donghae no matter what. If they aren't going to tell me where he is, I'm going to find him myself. I rushed to the doors on the left of the reception, I had no idea where I was going, but that didn't matter. I need to find Donghae. Suddenly the oldest nurse, the one who sat behind the computer monitor, rushed towards me and stood in my way before I could go any further. "You have no right to enter these doors. Please leave immediately!" ordered the raging nurse. "BUT I H-", instantly someone grabbed hold of my hand, I felt a ring around on of the fingers...I looked up, it was Kyuhyun. "Kyu..." I whispered under my breath in bewilderment. Kyuhyun looked into my eyes, instantly I felt safe and I knew Kyuhyun would be there for me. "Excuse me, I need to find Lee Donghae, he's my hyung. Please let us pass." Kyuhyun said calmly to the nurse. "No you cannot, y-" but suddenly she halted as the youngest nurse tapped her shoulder before whispering into her ear, "Unnie...I think that's Cho Kyuhyun, and that girl is his girlfriend...you know? Kyuhyun is Donghae's fellow Super Junior member..." The older nurse's face began growing red as she realized her mistake. "Ah...I'm so sorry, it's just that Manager Taksama told us not to say a word about it to anyone..." apologised the guilt ridden nurse. "No it's not your fault, you were just doing your job. But please tell us which room Donghae hyung is in." said Kyuhyun, still grasping firmly onto my hand. "He's still being operated on in the intensive care unit, that's Room 212." replied the younger nurse. "Thank you" said Kyuhyun as he pushed open the doors and pulled me along behind him.

Soon enough, Kyuhyun and I arrived outside Room 212. The light above the operation room doors was still lit, Donghae was still in there and his life was on the line...I looked up at Kyuhyun, "Kyu...I'm so scared...I don't want to lose him, really..." I said in a shaky voice. Kyuhyun pulled my shaken body towards his, "We all don't want to lose him...Donghae will be fine. Hyung is a very strong person and he would never give up this way..." reassured Kyuhyun. I really would like to believe Kyuhyun's words but...the fortune..."The heavens are against you tonight, poor soul. The one that you love will be in dire danger under heaven’s watch, one’s lifeline may be cut..." Suddenly red the light above the door disilluminated, and the doors opened. The operating doctor stepped out, to think that Donghae's life was in the hands of this single human only...Kyuhyun let go of me, but soon after I reached for his hand again. "How is Donghae? The operation was successful right?" asked Kyuhyun with worry evident in his voice. I didn't want to hear the truth... I rested my head onto Kyuhyun's shoulder and shut my eyes...the doctor began removing his mouth mask and pulling off his gloves followed by a deep sigh. "The operation took longer than expected as his vital signs would not stop dropping. The injuries Donghae has suffered are severe but we've managed to cease all internal and external bleeding," I felt as though all the burden had been lifted off my shoulders, Donghae is ok. The doctor continued, "fortunately his spinal and cranial areas have not suffered any major impact so his moblility will return to normal, in time of course. Donghae has been shifted to the recovery room, three corridors down, unfortunately he is still in an unconcious state. I cannot determine when he will gain conciousness again because this could range from a few hours up to several days." explained the doctor. "Thank you doctor, but may I ask, is there anything we can do to help Donghae?" asked Kyuhyun, caring for his hyung. "Well we have had some cases here where patients have gained conciousness due to being surrounded by people they love. I suggest you gather the rest of your hyungs now, Kyuhyun. I believe this will really help with Donghae's recovery." advised the wise doctor. This man was truly a hero, he had saved Donghae's life, "Thank you so much doctor...thank you for saving his life..." I stuttered, the doctor smiled back at me sincerely. Kyuhyun and I began walking down the long corridor, finding our way to Donghae's room. "Oh, wait!" we turned around, the doctor was calling out to us. "I don't know if this will but useful to you, but when Donghae was first wheeled into the hospital he kept calling out someone's name...someone called "Singing Angel."

I put my hand up onto the glass, and stared at the fragile body of Donghae lying on the hospital bed. Nurses in pink uniforms moved around the room in preperation for this new patient. Eventually the nurses were done and filed out the door, one of the nurses looked back at me and smiled politely. "Excuse me, is he awake yet...?" I asked quietly, "No, I'm sorry, he has not yet gained conciousness. But you can go inside the room now to accompany him, he really needs someone now" replied the nurse. I nodded and thanked her for her help and assistance. I reached for the door handle and pushed it down, I slowly pushed the door open and let myself in. I took careful steps towards the bed, where a sleeping prince lay...I sat down on the chair next to the bed and stared at his peaceful expression, he had a large gash right across his right cheek but nothing could impair his beauty...with a shaking hand, I slowly reached for his. Suddenly I noticed the silver bracelet around my right wrist, the one that he had given to me outside Seoul Tower. I slid the precious bracelet off my arm and held it in my hands, I got up from my seat and walked over to the window which overlooked the bustling city of Seoul. I knelt down on my knees and rested my elbows against the low window sill as I clasped my hands together along with the bracelet...Please help Donghae, he really doesn't deserve this...there are a lot of people around him that love him a lot, especially his hyungs and dongseangs of Super Junior...and to Donghae's father up in heaven, your son is really a gift so thank you and I am sure he will do you proud...I only wish for a miracle, even if it has to be the last miracle I ever ask for...but please help Donghae...*click* I turned around, Kyuhyun had come back from Starbucks with coffee in a brown paper bag. I quickly stood up and brushed the front of my jeans with my hands, "Was I interrupting something?" asked Kyuhyun with a smile. I smiled back and shook my head, "I was just wishing for a miracle...and letting Donghae's father know his son is ok", "Awww...you're so sweet, come here ^^!" said Kyuhyun with open arms. I ran towards and wrapped my arms around him, "Kyu...I'm so glad that you're here for me right now, I don't know what I'd do with out you..." I said quietly. I let go of him as he passed me my cup of Starbucks, I suddenly realised why the other members weren't here yet, "Yah~ Kyu, where are the other boys? Eunhyuk was the first one to tell me that Donghae was involved in an accident...I thought he'd be here?" I said in a confused tone. "Yeah they should have been here half an hour ago but while I was out at Starbucks, Leeteuk hyung called me up and told me they'd been caught in a traffic jam. All the other boys are on their way now though, and I also told them Donghae is in a stable condition too" explained Kyuhyun. Suddenly I huge group of handsome boys crowded the outside of the door, it was no other but Super Junior. All their faces expressed worry and concern, it seemed that none of them had been able to hold their tears back...they piled into the room and crowded around the bed. Eunhyuk stopped in front of me and held me in his arms, "Are you feeling ok, Singing Angel? It must have been a huge shock for you..." comforted Eunhyuk. "I'm ok now oppa...I just felt really scared for Donghae at the beginning, but the doctor says that he's ok now. The doctor said that we've got to surround him with people that he loves, namely you and the other 12 boys..." I told him. "Are you sure that doesn't include you...? He really loves you, and he has for some time now" Eunhyuk whispered into my ear. "Oppa...I...I...need to talk to you about something" I confessed, "Guys, I'm just gonna step out with Singing Angel for a while, alright?" announced Eunhyuk, the other members all turned and nodded but then instantly focused their attention back onto the unconcious prince.

Eunhyuk took my hand and led me to the seats just outside the recovery room. He patted my heat and looked into my eyes, "So? What do you want to tell oppa?" asked Eunhyuk in a brotherly tone. "I...I think I'm in love with two people at once..." I began "I just can't decide who I really love anymore", Eunhyuk pouted but listened to me intently. "Mmm...I've never been in a situation like this before, but did you hear my advice through Sukira? I did that for you ^^" replied Eunhyuk. "I know oppa, thank you, to you and Leeteuk...but minutes before Donghae's accident I was with him at Seoul Tower. We had just visited the top balcony where we hung our padlock and we had promised to keep all the feelings between us right inside a single sapphire locket." I reaccounted. "Yeah? That's a good thing isn't it, Singing Angel?" said Eunhyuk with a raised brow. "The thing is...earlier on tonight I met with an old lady who told fortunes and this was it" I continued as I pulled out the long strip of origami paper. I placed it into Eunhyuk's hands, his eyes grew big with bewilderment. "You mean...this actually predicted the future? Look here" he pointed, Eunhyuk had picked out the core of my fortune:" The one that you love will be in dire danger under heaven’s watch..." Eunhyuk continued, "The one that you love...is this trying to tell you that the one you truly love is Donghae, not Kyuhyun?" said Eunhyuk who had now become serious. "I don't know...this has been in the back of my mind the whole night...I really do like Kyuhyun and he knows how to take care of me so I feel like he's the one I'm supposed to love. But after tonight and this huge superstitious coincidence of this fortune has really made me think twice..." I said as I lowered my head. Eunhyuk lifted my chin so that our eyes met, and comforted me with his words, "Well like you said, it's probably just a superstitious coincidence...but one thing I am certain about is that the one that Donghae truly loves is you".