Chapter Seven

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Seven ~

Since I was sitting at the front of the hall, I had to wait until the back crowds dissolved before I could leave. When the time came I picked up my gear and the empty coffee cup, ready to leave the conference. As I began making my way towards the exit, someone called out my name, “Yah! Singing Angel!” I turned around and saw O.V.E.R~ I mean Super Junior standing there to greet me; they were the ones who had called. I smiled and waved and began walking back towards them. Eunhyuk was so glad to see me, he burst out of line and squeezed me in his arms. He took a good look at me and said “I can’t believe we are meeting again! Donghae told me you were back in Korea but I didn’t think we had a chance! Tell me again, why didn’t we keep in touch?!” I didn’t know what to say so I simply smiled. One by one, the members all came forward to greet me and we stood there for a long time talking about everything.

After our very long talk, Leeteuk offered to give me a one on one interview. I gladly accepted his offer; this would be a definite bonus to my article! Leeteuk told me that Super Junior’s debut performance would be on the following Friday on Music Bank with their first song “Twins/Knockout”. The music video for Twins/Knockout will be released the following day after debut, so everyone must anticipate it! I can’t say I’m a fan…but I’m pretty close to being one ^^. I can’t wait for their debut, really!

I checked the time as I left the conference hall, the sky outside was already dark and the street lights illuminated the empty street. I looked down at my watch…there was no watch but a silver bracelet instead. It was Donghae’s, and I needed to return it to him. I realized how cold the night had grown as I folded my arms to shield myself from the harsh wind. Finally Donghae came through the door and I waved him over. He smiled at me and asked “Hm? Singing Angel, what are you still doing here? It’s cold, and look how little you’re wearing!” as I rubbed my arms, attempting to warm me up. I smiled and replied “Well I was waiting for you, I have something to return to you” as I held up my wrist, revealing the silver bracelet. I continued; “I found it on your seat in the plane, remember the flight here a few weeks ago? And then I dec-“ suddenly Donghae erupted with anger…”What are you doing with that?! You should have returned it to me earlier! DO YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS BRACELET IS TO ME?!” then he grabbed my wrist and ripped the bracelet off my arm. Tears trickled down my face as my wrist throbbed with pain…I looked down at my wrist and it was bruised and bleeding, the bracelet had cut into my skin due to the impact from sudden force. I looked up and Donghae stared at my wrist, not believing what he’d done. Guilt was visible all over his face…but as much as I was in pain, I still wanted to tell him I was ok…” Donghae, I’m ok…just go…” Donghae didn’t move but I insisted some more; “I remembered you said that we’d meet again, because there was faith, I believed that…I still do…but…” I began losing breath as the pain in my wrist absorbed the rest of my energy. A tear ran down Donghae’s cheek and he finally said “Mianhae…nomu mianhae…” and he ran to the end of the street and turned the corner. I took in a small breath and I slowly sat myself down, collapsing against the building foundation. I wanted to cry…but I couldn’t, I had no more energy for that. I began to think, what is this feeling? Was I wrong to develop feelings for Donghae? I was stupid…stupid to fall for someone in a space of a few days. Does love have to be like this?

I sat there hugging my knees up against my body, bearing the freezing cold. Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching me…for a split second I thought it was Donghae, but I looked up and saw a dark shadow. The shadow moved into the light and a face was revealed, it was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun didn’t say a thing and held out his hand. I reached out and placed my hand in his and he pulled me to my feet. I had felt so lonely a few moments ago but now someone was here offering help, just when I needed it the most. I couldn’t control myself as I wrapped my arms around Kyuhyun. He slowly put his arms around me…I didn’t understand why I was doing this but at that moment I felt safe.