Chapter Fourteen

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Fourteen ~

"Thank you for flying with Korean Air.” the smiling flight attendant said in farewell. I managed to smile back, acknowledging her presence, but that smile instantly disappeared and I was back into my depressing state. I had arrived back in Korea after an agonizingly lonely flight…a few hours ago he was right by my side, but now he’s miles away in a whole different country…I couldn’t bare this thought.

The taxi took me back to Miinah Street Apartments, the silence of the street was swept away by the laughter of a young couple walking hand in hand on the opposite side of the street. I watched them with a saddening heart as they looked adoringly into each other’s eyes…a loving essence was evidently glowing brightly inside them. I looked down at myself, I felt like my heart had been ripped right out of my chest and I had no feelings for anything at all. I had never felt this level of pain before…why should I go on when my life has no reason? Kyuhyun was my reason, my world…but now he’s been snatched from my heart forever and there is nothing I can do about it…nothing at all.

I stepped out of the shower, hoping my heart would feel a little less heavy, but nothing was any different…I sat myself in front of the mirror and combed my hair, my hand weakened as I realized the necklace around my neck. I let go of the comb completely and grasped the necklace with both hands. Clutching the heart pendant of the necklace, I fell back onto the bed as a lonesome tears trickled down my cheek. With one hand I reached out to my cell phone that sat on the bedside table, I stared at the selca of me and Kyuhyun that illuminated the screen…I put the phone to my lips and gently kissed the happy memory…

I hadn’t realized how tired I actually was as my eyelids began to droop, I crawled under the covers and attempted to fall asleep. My attempt deemed unsuccessful as memories of me and Kyuhyun flooded my mind, suddenly his voice began singing in my head…my thoughts stopped and I opened my eyes, Kyuhyun’s voice still rang…wait. His voice isn’t coming from my thoughts…I sat up in bed and looked around in the dark, the voice was coming from outside the window. I pushed the covers aside and walked across the shaggy carpet following the soothing harmony…I pulled open the curtains and looked down onto the street. I couldn’t see anyone on the pavement below, but Kyuhyun’s voice was still heard…I slipped my feet into my pink slippers and ran out into the living room. I looked out of the frameless glass window there but I still couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary, yet his familiar voice still rang…I unlocked the front door and rushed out to the Grand Hall.

*ding* “Welcome to the Grand Hall madam.” said the butler inside the elevator. I nodded and managed a quick “thank you”, and I quickly rushed out to the main entrance. I pushed open the glass doors and stood out in the wispy cold as wind nipped at my bare skin. I looked to the right, then to the left but the person I wanted most was not anywhere to be seen…I lowered my head in disappointment, not even the smiling bunnies on my slippers helped…I knew it was too good to be true, I’m hearing things…I’m seeing things…what is wrong with me…? I turned around and pushed open the main doors as a tear trickled down my cheek…”HEY!” someone shouted from across the road, I instantly turned around. A tall, handsome figure appeared from out of the shadows of the building. It was Kyuhyun. I stood there, my body completely paralyzed…he crossed the empty street and stood on the pavement in front of me. I stared into his eyes, was this just another hallucination? His eyes were that special deep brown, it is him. I threw myself towards him and the impact of force nearly knocked Kyuhyun off his feet. My arms locked around his waist, I didn’t ever want to let go of him again…he held me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

We stood there in an unbreakable embrace, no one said a word, as my tears stained Kyuhyun’s shirt. Finally, nearly out of breath, I asked him “Why did you come back?” He looked into my eyes and quietly said “Because I promised I’d love you forever”.