The Artshow - Chapter 8

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]
 
Chaerin got out of the car and walked towards the restaurant.  Everything was beautifully designed, the abstract art on the walls gave the restaurant a chic and modern feeling--Chaerin was impressed.  
A young waitress of approximately 24 approached Chaerin and asked for her name.
"Miss Sky?" 
"Yes, that's me"
"You're date is waiting.  Please follow me"
Chaerin smiled at herself as she followed the waitress.  It was Marie's idea to use a decoy name in case she was recognized at the restaurant, but Chaerin went along with it because it gave her a chance to act as if she was a spy--sneaking around to go on a date made her feel like a teenager again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As Chaerin approached her date she couldn't believe who she saw, it was none other than Kim Hyun Joong from SS501.  He looked dashing wearing a cool blazer over a v neck shirt.  His outfit was effortless yet fashionable and perfect for a first date.  
"Now I know why Marie didn't want to tell me about the secret guy" Hyun Joong chuckled and got up to pull chaerin's seat so she could sit down.
"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise.  I was afraid you wouldn't come if I had said who I was"
"I almost didn't come because I didn't know who you were" joked Chaerin "but I'm glad I did"
Hyun Joong gave her a smile.
Have you ever dreamed of a perfect first date? Well, that's exactly what Chaerin's date was like.  At dinner they talked about everything from their debuts to the first time they messed up a lyric on stage.  Chaerin couldn't believe how much she was having, she heard about the drama hyun joong had been on an how much he liked acting.  She told him about where she found her inspiration when she wrote lyrics.
"you can't tell anyone about this"
"of course not" he continued "I mean, its not like anyone would believe me if I told them the baddest female gets her inspiration from watching cat videos while eating a nice bowl of cereal"
Chaerin laughed "and I won't tell anyone about how Kim Hyun Joong is scared of chickens"
"Not chickens, roosters.  There's a big difference you know" 
Chaerin laughed.  The story about how little Hyun Joong had been chased by a rooster when he was little was a funny memory he had shared with her.
 
 
After dinner they went to an art exhibition, it was amazing how Hyun Joong was able to plan the perfect night.  The art show had works from Andy Warhol and Wassily Kandinsky; their use of color was inviting, thought provoking and edgy.  Chaerin walked over to a painting called "unrequited love".  The piece was vibrant in colors and although it should give off a happy feeling, it was somehow depressing, sad and confusing.  Chaerin couldn't stop looking at the painting because she tried to understand it but couldn't.
"This is one of my favorites" a voice came from behind her. 
"It's about not knowing what a heart wants"
Then another voice continued "And about how hard it is to realize that the one for you was with you all along but has left" 
Chaerin turned around and found the artist and Hyun Joong behind her.  
"You must have lost your love to someone else" Chaerin said to the artist.
"Not to someone, but she's happier now..."  With those words the artist walked away with his hands in his pockets and his head bent down.
"Oh no, did I say something wrong?" Chaerin asked Hyun Joong.
"No, it's okay.  It's just that he didn't realize he was in love with his best friend until she left and moved somewhere far"
"Well, can't they work it out?"
"I don't think they can, she doesn't know how he feels and she's gone to South America to do some excavations and fulfill her dream of becoming an archeologist"
"I don't think I'd be able to take it--being far away from the one I love.  But how do you know all of this?"
"I used to go to school with the artist.  We're close and although I wish I could help, I think it's best that I leave myself out of his relationships."
"I hope they work it out"
"Me too"
It was already one am when they finished looking trough all the art pieces.  It was time to go back to the hotel. 
"So did you enjoy what is hopefully the first date?"
Chaerin giggled an elegant laugh "of course, and I certainly hope this isn't the last.
Hyun Joong accompanied Chaerin to a taxi and ordered the driver to take Chaerin to her hotel.  
Chaerin stopped in front of the open taxi door and said 
"I really had a fun night.  Call me whenever you get back to Seoul" Chaerin then kissed him slightly on the cheek and closed the taxi's door behind her.
Hyun Joong smiled as he saw the taxi leave, this really was one of the best dates he had ever had.
 
Chaerin arrived to the hotel at two am that morning, blushing and smiling like there was no end. She entered the suite and was surprised to see Jiyong sleeping on the main couch with only a small blanket covering him.
What was he doing there? Chaerin should have kicked him out of the room but he looked so peaceful.  Instead she brought a blanket from her room and covered him with it.
Chaerin went to sleep in her room and thought about the painting she saw.  She couldn't believe how such pretty and lively colors could depict such a sad love story--she had to buy that painting.  She still didn't completely understand its meaning.  The artist had said he had lost the girl to something and not someone.
 
The next morning Jiyong woke up with a headache.  He had stayed up waiting for Chaerin so they could talk about their joint show the next day but she wasn't in the hotel suite and the girls refused to tell him anything about her whereabouts.  
"I can't believe she didn't come back, I wonder where she is?"
"Where's who?"
Jiyong turned around and saw Chaerin
 "YOU!" Yelled Jiyong
"Oh sorry, I had some... Appointments to attend to"
"Oh, well what kind of appointments? Where they about the show tomorrow?"
"Oh... Omg I completely forgot about our meeting, sorry"
Chaerin couldn't believe she had forgotten the appointment with the managers and Jiyong.
"I told the managers you weren't feeling well so I cancelled the meeting but I waited for you here and you never came"
"I did come, who do you think gave you that blanket" 
"Well it was the least you could do" Jiyong's voice sounded a bit harsh.
"Anyways don't worry about it, I made all the arrangements with Dara" 
"Oh... Ok" Chaerin was happy everything was planned but she was somehow annoyed that Jiyong had worked with Dara and not her.
 
Jiyong got up, put on a beanie and left the girls' room.  He was obviously upset.
"What was that?" Bom said as she came out of her room.
"I don't  know..." Chaerin felt horrible, was she jealous? 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
its been a while ssince I've written a chapter... sorry!! I'l  make it up to you guys soon :)
 
<3
ani_bell
 
 
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
SNEEK PEEK TO NEXT CHAPTER:
 
Chaerin thought she had gotten away with the date but she was mistaken, all the tabloids that morning had Chaerin and Hyun Joong on their first page.  The rumors about them being a couple had spread like wild fire, even Chaerin had seen a copy of one of the magazines.  The tittle said "The secret date of 2NE1's CL and SS501's Kim Hyun Joong" Chaerin was now freaking out--she had been so careful but somehow the papparazzi had still managed to get a picture of the two.
"You said you had an appointment!" Jiyong yelled as he barged in to the make-up room were 2NE1 was getting ready. "You lied to me!"
Jiyong was angry but he didn't know where the anger came from, he was confused.  When he saw the tabloids earlier that morning he was surprised to find Chaerin on the front page but then he felt a pain in his chest after seeing the picture--it was Chaerin kissing Kim Hyun Joong.
 
Chaerin didn't what to say, she had never seen Jiyong this angry.  Dara quickly stood up from her chair, took Jiyong's hand and took him out of the dressing room.  Once outside, she looked at him straight in the eyes and kissed him...