The End

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

Dara’s night at MBLAQ’s dorm allowed her to have some time for herself to think about everything that was going on.  Although she liked—and possibly loved—Jiyong, she decided it would be best to let go of him because he wasn’t interested in her the way she was interested in him.  If you truly love something, you must let it go.  Overall, she just wanted her friends to be happy and her feelings to disappear slowly without anyone knowing.

But of course things are never as easy as they seem.  Seungri had heard her talk about Jiyong at the salon and surely he would want an explanation from Jiyong.

“Listen, you can’t tell anyone ok?”

“Is he crazy? Why would he reject you? He likes you!... oh maybe I wasn’t supposed to say that…”  Seungri’s voice faded but he had already said it.

“No you’re wrong.  He likes Chaerin and even though I like him too, I can’t do this to Chaerin”

“right… umm… do you wanna get some coffee?”

Dara’s face was suspicious… Why does he want to go get coffee? He usually asks an insanely amount of questions when it comes to this kind of stuff… “…sure”

“Great, I know a great place but you should first get your hair cut or whatever you wanted to do with it”  Seungri started to head towards the back of the salon once again “I need to make a call, I think I forgot my wallet” 

Seungri was acting weird.  YG artists never paid for getting their hair styled at this salon, the company did.  Plus, Seungri was not as surprised as she had expected him to be.  Did he know? …Does anyone else know?

Dara began to text some of her dancer friends over at YG.  They knew everything about everyone because they worked with everyone in the company.  Some of them were even allowed to listen to songs before they were released in order to start planning a choreography.  She thought maybe one of them heard BigBang talking about her and Jiyong while they were practicing or recording.  Fortunately, no one had heard anything out of the ordinary. 

After 20 minutes, Seungri came back to the salon in a happier mood.  He took Dara to small coffee shop on the third floor of a building.  When they got there, no one was around except for the bartender and a server. 

“Why did you bring me here?”

“To talk” answered Seungri.  He sat down and looked at the time on his phone.  

“We could have talked back at the salon.  Jeremy wouldn’t have minded” Dara was still confused because Seungri looked anxious.  It’s like he couldn’t sit properly on his chair.

“The salon is not a good place to talk about these things”

“But how is this café more private?”

“It’s empty”

“No, there are 2 people who work here and we don’t know them”

“Calm down, they’re not going to say anything… except for the owner.  She wants a picture with you”  the bartender waved and smiled at Dara.  “She’s my cousin and a traitor.. Because she likes 2NE1 BETTER THAN BIGBANG”

“It’s true but I don’t care.  2NE1 is awesome!” The bartender girl was the owner of the coffee shop and Seungri’s cousin.  She looked young but was actually older than she seemed.  Dara smiled and thanked her.

“Well then, Seungri, what do you want to know?  I’ll tell you everything as long as you don’t tell anyone about it and just let it die” Dara took a sip of her coffee and sighed.

“No, no, no.  You can’t tell me yet… We have to wait for someone” Seungri was looking towards the door when Chaerin entered the café followed by Jiyong. 

Dara had a panicked look in her eyes.  She was not ready to talk to either one of them.  “Seungri, Why are they here?”

“First of all, if you hate me, blame it all on Minzy… this was all her idea… ok this wasn’t her idea but she’s the youngest member in the company so I think she should start accepting some of the blame for the things I do…” Seungri looked at the clock and signaled for her cousin and the other employee to leave with him. “I mean… OH MY GOD! Look at the time! We must hurry and buy more coffee beans and not be here... ok bye”

Seungri left leaving Jiyong, Dara and Chaerin alone in the small café.  The plan was to get everyone to talk and clear up all the misunderstandings.  Dara however, did not know this, and wanted to leave.

“I… I… need to leave… maybe Seungri needs help finding the coffee bean shop… he doesn’t know this area very well…”  Dara stood up to leave but as she passed by Jiyong, he grabbed her hand and asked her to stay.  Chaerin looked at Dara and nodded.

Jiyong told Dara about everything that happened in the airport.  How he had accidentally kissed Chaerin and later believed it was Dara.  He also explained to her why he ignored her after they kissed during the concert they attended in Japan—He thought Dara would feel more comfortable for them both to pretend nothing had happened.  Chaerin reassured her that she had no romantic feelings for Jiyong.  The reason why she hadn’t said anything about the kiss was because she knew it would make things awkward between Dara and Chaerin—especially because she knew how Dara and Jiyong felt about each other.

Dara stood up shocked by all these confessions.  She walked towards the drinks section of the café and grabbed a water bottle.  Jiyong remained seated hoping Dara would understand what had happened and give him a chance.  Chaerin stood up as well but she waked towards the door “I have to go but you guys should talk”

Chaerin left the café.  She had a smile on her face… maybe now things will go back to normal.  She was running late for her date.

Back at the Café, Jiyong slowly walked towards Dara.  “I never said in person and you only heard it from other people... but it’s true… I do like you.  I like you a lot.”

Dara’s eyes met Jiyong’s as she smiled at him.  Jiyong grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.  "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this" Jiyong kissed her slowly then passionately.  A kiss full of sadness, apologies, wanting and love.  This was their true first kiss.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading this story.  This was my first attempt at writing a fanfic and I never expected it to be this long (that's why it took me so long to finish it--sorry to all the frustrated readers!).  I will now edit it so that there are no mistakes and that everything flows better.

Thank you all for readin!! 

XOXO

ani_bell