Love is so bad - Chapter 10

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

 

"One, two, and one, two, three
Ok good! You're doing great, I think you'll be ready for next week without any issues" 
Dara was in one of the YG practice rooms trying to learn new dance steps.  The whole music video invitation had completely shocked her a week ago when Dara went to see President Yang.  She was expecting to get yelled and she had prepared for the worst case scenario--getting kicked out of 2NE1.  She had prepared her best puppy face and was prepared to beg on her knees if she needed to.  
 
It was a calm Sunday afternoon when Dara went to see the head of YG.  President Yang's secretary had left her a message earlier that day, summoning her at exactly 1:15 pm.  Dara was so nervous that she didn't even notice Youngbae as she entered the building.
 
"Anneyeong!" Said Youngbae but Dara didn't notice and kept walking.  Youngbae sensed something weird so he followed her to the elevator where Dara was headed.  Dara was in deep thought and was not paying attention to anything or anyone--she didn't even notice that Youngbae had gotten on the same elevator.
 
"Yah! Ms. Zombie, are you ignoring me? Because it wasn't me who told the tabloids about you and Jiyong." Said Youngbae jokingly.
 
"What? Who?" Dara answered as she pressed the 4th floor button on the panel.  "Youngbae, anneyong! I didn't even see you coming... Or even getting into the same elevator.  Sorry, it's just that the whole scandal is making me nervous and I have an appointment with the president right now"
"So that's why you look like you're about to faint" Youngbae gave her a smile "don't worry too much, who knows, maybe he's summoned you because he has good news"
 
The elevator door suddenly opened and Dara stepped out "aren't you coming? No, I'll wait for you in the lobby downstairs.  Something tells me you will want to talk to me after your meeting" the elevator door closed once again taking a smiling Youngbae down to the lobby.
 
Dara felt somewhat better but she was still afraid of what might happen.  President Yang's secretary was just outside his office when she saw Dara coming in.  "Oh good you're here.  Just go inside and wait for the president to comeback , he's at another meeting right now" 
 
Dara couldn't believe what the president had said; he had laughed at the scandal and even said it was good publicity for 2NE1.  He wasn't worried about it, not even slightly.  He didn't even want to talk about the scandal, instead, he asked her to be in Youngbae's new MV for I Need a Girl--No wonder Youngbae had been there earlier that morning.  
 
Dara accepted the MV request and went downstairs to the lobby where Youngbae was waiting.  
"So how harsh was he?" Youngbae asked with a smile in his face.
"Why didn't you tell me you were preparing a new MV?" Dara said as she gave Youngbae a friendly smile.
"Well... Will you do it? As soon as I heard the lyrics of the song I thought of you... Errr... I mean the girl in the song is similar to you physically"
"Really?" Dara blushed a little without realizing it, she was flattered.  Youngbae grabbed her hand and took her to an empty studio nearby.  He took out an MP3 player and plugged it to the computer.  Youngbae handed Dara a set of headphones and she began to listen.
 
"A kind of girl that looks better in jeans than a skirt" Dara looked down at what she was wearing--jeans.
"A girl who looks young even though she’s old" she touched her face remembering how she had been ranked as one of the prettiest baby faces in kpop.
 
"Wow! Did you write this song?"
"No, jiyong and I came across it while searching for songs"
Dara's smile suddenly turned into a worried frown.
Youngbae had noticed it "I'm sure he doesn't think it's you the one who spread the rumors"
"Yea but he hasn't said anything to me about it.  I think maybe he's avoiding me" 
"It hurts when the one you like ignores you doesn't it?"
"What?! What are you talking about? I don't like jiyong... Stop saying crazy things"
"Stop pretending, I know you like him and he likes you too"
"Really? He does?" Dara couldn't hide the happiness she felt.  She began asking a million questions per second.  "When did he tell you? Was it recently? Was he even mad at the scandal? Should I tell him I like him? Or should I wait? OMG what if president yang finds out? What should I do? Where is he right now? Do you think he's buz-" 
"Ok calm down" Youngbae shushed Dara.  "I saw you guys together that day when chaerin went on a date.  You didn't kiss him but he didn't move either"
"Wait, you were the guy I saw? I thought you were one of the paparazzi"
"Nope, I was worried about jiyong so I went to check on him oh and by the way, next time you see a paparazzi, don't pretend to kiss whoever is closest to you" Youngbae laughed 
"I only did it because for some reading jiyong got mad at chaerin and I didn't want the media to know that 2NE1 and BIGBANG were fighting"
"So you were the heroine of the day" joked Youngbae "that's when I knew you liked him.  And that also when I knew Jiyong liked you because afterwards, he could not stop smiling.  He was a happy idiot"
Dara laughed, she couldnt believe that all of this was happening.  "well I  have to go, I need to talk to the girls about the video, especially Minzi.  She needs to teach me how to dance. Annyeong!"
Youngbae waved goodbye and sat on the studio chair.  All of a sudden, he lost his smile.
"Being ignored by the one you love hurts but seeing the one you love with someone else is like ripping one's heart into pieces"
 
Youngbae took out his phone and dialed a number "it's me.   it's official publish it soon" Youngbae hung up the phone and walked out of the studio while humming the lyrics to I Need A Girl. 
 
-----------------------------------
I'm thinking of making Taeyang character kind of evil for a couple of chapters because everything is fair in love and war right? 
 
Tell me what you think
-ani_bell