Midnight Fun (part 1) - Chapter 3

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

Airports are like different worlds.  There are those who want to hide their identity, those who want to stand out and finally those who dress comfortably.  Airports test your patience, your sense of adventure and your true personality.   

The flights were scheduled for 2 in the morning which meant bb and 21 had to show up at the airport at around midnight.  The first group to arrive at the airport was 2NE1; they quickly went trhough security and were sating in their private waiting room, waiting for BigBang and the Jets.  All the girls were complaining on their way to the airport but no one was grumpier than Bom.

“Why couldn’t we leave at 2 in the afternoon instead?  Im sleepy now and I don’t want to wait for two more hours”

“I know unnie, I don’t like it either but the weather tomorrow will be bad” Chaerin said “plus when we arrive in Japan, we’ll have the rest of the day to rest and sleep”

Chaerin wasn’t feeling too great either, she had been working on a song earlier that day but she hadn’t finished recording it.  It was so frustrating and no one understood—to her, music was her world and always wanted to do her best.  But one thing was certain, once she arrived to Japan, she would get in bed and sleep.

The boys were 40 minutes late because of Daesung.  He couldn’t decide what face creams to take with him.   Sometimes he was such a diva but he had amazing skin—a diva with good skin.  Top and Seungri were super tired, they had dark circles under their eyes and were dying to eat something—they looked like hungry pandas.  Jiyong and Youngbae were also tired but they were excited to go to Japan—it was their favorite country to visit.

The airport was big and full of people, busy people.  But it was around 1 in the morning, and the airport looked almost empty.  Dara liked the airport at night, this had been the first time she could be a normal person and not a celebrity.  She quickly got up from her seat and started to head for the door.

“Unnie where are you going?” asked Minzy “people will recognize you”

“ahaha I don’t think anyone will recognize me.  Look around, this wing of the airport is almost empty”

“That’s true… does that mean we can go out and explore?” 

“That’s what I’m doing” answered Dara “C’mon, let’s go together.  By the time we’re back, im sure the boy will be here”

“I want to go with you but…” Minzy stretched her hands and feet but didn’t get up from her seat.

“Unnie, I’m tired but please bring me some food?”

“ok lazy girl, bye”

Dara left the waiting room area and headed for the small airport shops.  30 minutes after Dara left, the five boys showed up.  Top and Sengri sat next to Minzy and Bom. 

“Noona, what game are you playing now?” asked Top

“It’s a racing game” answered Bom “ Get your phone out and download this app so we can play against each other, it’s a very addicting game”

“It’s true, I’m playing it too but Bommie keeps beating me” Minzy made a cute sad face.

“ahahahaha, minzy-ah do you know how to use your phone? Oh minzy, why are you so dumb?” Seungri loved to tease Minzy, she was the only one in all of YG entertainment who was younger than him.

“OPPA!! Why are you so mean to me! And yes I do know how to use my phone!” replied Minzy

“You two are always fighting, Seungri just download the game so we can all play” said Top.

Yougbae and Daesung where laughing, It was funny to see how childish they were.  Jiyong was luaghing too but then he saw Chaerin. She was siting alone with her headphones on and looked a little frustrated.

“Hey Chaerin, What are you listening to? You look so lonely here sitting by yourself”

“Hi Oppa! I’m not lonely, I’m just trying to concentrate on this song I’m working on…I couldn’t finish it earlier today”

“I’m the same way.  Sometimes I take a long time to just finish one song because I want it to be perfect.  You work too hard, c’mon let’s get some coffee.  I saw a Starbucks just around the corner.

“No thank you” she raised a cup of Starbucks coffee “but could you go look for Dara? She left some time ago and hasn’t come back yet”

“Sure, no problem”

Jiyong left the waiting area and walked towards the small shops next to the Starbucks.  He wanted to order an espresso double shot with some caramel.   He wondered if Chaerin would want one too.

“Miss, give me two espressos please”

“Wow, you must be really tired” said the waitress “but… Oh My God! Aren’t you G-dragon? I’m a fan of BigBang.  I love your music”

Jiyong smiled, he liked meeting his fans. “Yes that’s me and thank you for supporting us.”

The waitress giggled and started making the drinks.  Jiyong sat at a table waiting and looked at the empty airport.  The only people left were cashiers and the occasional person sitting and waiting for a plane, half asleep half awake.  Only the waitress had recognized him—he was almost like any other person, a regular person.

“You’re order is ready and I added some extra caramel syrup in your girlfriend’s coffee”

Jiyong chuckled and said thank you.  As he sipped on his coffee, he saw Dara looking at some t-shirts at one of the souvenirs shops.

“Noona! I’ve been looking for you.  It’s almost time to leave”

“Hi Jiyong, when did you get here?”

“a couple of minutes ago.  Have you noticed how empty this airport is? Only one person recognized me, I feel like a regular person”

Dara laughed, she felt the same way.  No one had recognized her and she wanted to enjoy the moment.  Jiyong smiled and told Dara to follow him.  They found a small arcade in the airport and played every single game.  The photo booth was the most fun—the made funny faces and couldn’t stop laughing.

It was the first time Dara and Jiyong were out on a date.

To Be Continued