Butterflies and Dragonflies - Chapter 7

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

Minzy was shocked to say the leaast, she couldn't imagine Dara or Chaerin breaking the rules; the no datng policy was serious and could potentially hurt 2NE1.  She was on a mission to find out which of the girls had feelngs for Jiyong.

"Hey, Minzy, are the rest of the girls here? I need to know what the concept for tomorrow's concert will be."  Marie was one of the best stylists/make-up artists in the industry.  She had worked for comanies like SM, YG and even JYP entertainment.  She had an artistic eye and loved her job dressing up the hottest idols of Asia and the world.  Aside from her stylist talents, she was also known to be a matchmaker or "the beauty cupid".  Since she had worked with many artists, she had connections all over the entertainment industries and often introduced her star clients to each other.

"Unnie! I'm so happy to see you, I ddn't know you were going to be in Japan."

"Well I happen to be working with another group but as soon as I heard about 2NE1, I just had to come and visit, and maybe help you out with your concert tomorrow?"

“Reall?! Awesome!! I love this, I’ll wake up Chaerin”

Minzy left the living room and headed to the rooms upstairs, she quickly found Chaerin in the second bedroom and jumped on the bed and began to wake up Chaerin by screaming and jumping up and down like a little girl on a Christmas morning. “Unnie wake up!!! Guess who’s here?!”

“Minzy, please let me sleep a little longer, I’m so tired…Zzzzzz”

“Fine, I’ll just tell MARIE unnie to give me all the cool outfits” Minzy ran out of the bedroom with a devious smile on her face, she knew Chaerin wouldn't ignore something like that—sleep is nothing compared to high fashion.

Chaerin walked into the living room half awake, half asleep but completely excited.  Marie and Chaerin talked for about 2 hours about the outfits for the show and the interviews that followed.  The concept was "bittersweet", which meant they were going for sweet,chic and girly clothes mixed with rocker glamour.  

"Unnie, I love these clothes, there truly is no other stylist like you" Chaerin hugged Marie and thanked her for her hard work.

"Well, I love my job and all my amazing dolls" now Marie was getting ready to ask an important question. "So listen, I know this great guy who is interested in meeting 2NE1's leader" Marie sat in the couch comfortably and ready to do her job as Cupid once more.

"He's a singer, an actor,a dancer, and most importantly, he's totally handsome."

Chaerin smiled shyly and wondered who this mystery guy might be. "I'd love to meet him but..." She suddenly remembered something. "Unnie, thanks for trying to arrange a date but we are not allowed to date anyone right now"

Minzy giggled but tried to encourage Chaerin "please go on a date with the handsome singer, do it for me" pleaded Minzy "Maybe he has an equally handsome friend for me"

Marie smiled and tried to convince Chaerin too.  "C'mon, rules are meant to be broken.  Plus, he's here [in Japan] too, for a concert and some promotions.  I'll tell everyone I'm taking you to meet a designer so that no one suspects anything, just agree and I promise you, you won't regret it."

 

Chaerin didn't want to break the rules but every now and again, she liked to test boundaries and take little risks, after all, what's life without a little fun.

"Ok, I'll do it but tell me who it is first"

"No, I want it to be a surprise.  But the date is all set up for tomorrow after your concert in the afternoon"

"Will I have enough time to get ready after the show though?"

"Of course, I'll have everything ready for tomorrow"

 

So it was settled, Chaerin had a date for tomorrow after the concert.  Only five people knew about the date; Chaerin, Minzy, Dara, Bom and Marie, but Minzy needed to tell Seungri about Chaerin’s date.  He needed to know because this could mean Chaerin was not the girl who Jiyong kissed at the airport.  Minzy called Seungri that night and told him everything about the secret date, and made him swear not to tell anyone about it. 

 

The next morning was concert day.  Everything was hectic, exciting and energetic—this was the natural atmosphere for an entertainer.  After 2NE1 and BigBang rehearsed, they all headed to costumes and make up to get ready for the concert.  Jiyong saw Chaerin being more nervous than usual.  He wondered what was wrong.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Jiyong as he handed her a bottle of water. “You look very nervous”

 

“Oh Thanks” said Chaerin and took a sip of the water. “I’m fine, it’s just the pre-show butterflies”

“Here, take this” Jiyong took off one of his bracelets and gave it to Chaerin.

 

“What is it?” asked Chaerin.

“It’s a good luck amulet; it’ll get rid of those pesky butterflies while you’re on stage.” The bracelet was a simple blue bracelet with a little golden dragonfly in the middle.

 

Chaerin was touched and ready to perform but the butterflies were not because of the show.  She was nervous about getting caught and about the date later that night.  Still, she held on to the little dragonfly for comfort and jumped on stage.

 

The concert was great, the fans were all happy and enthusiastic—2NE1 was a big hit.  As soon as 2NE1 got off stage, Chaerin ran downstairs and began looking for Marie.  Marie had brought with her a pretty dress and the two left right after Chaerin changed into the dress.  The other girls wished her luck and hugged her goodbye.

 

The other girls were backstage watching BigBang perform and delight the crowd with their voices.  Once BigBang left the stage, the girls and the rest of the staff decided to go out and eat before going back to the hotel and rest.  Everyone went except for Jiyong and Dara, they wanted to stay and watch the other performances.  They stayed behind and listened to a romantic song in Japanese; the song was nice and calming, it was a song about the feelings you get when you begin to fall for someone.  Jiyong and Dara were listening from backstage, slowly swaying to the rhythm and letting the music in their hearts.  Without knowing it, Jiyong had reached for Dara’s hands and now they were face to face.  The music slowly came to an end and before they knew it, their lips were touching.

 

(I Know that's not GD but just pretend)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of the new chapter? did I please the Daragon shippers? lol

I'll try to write the next chapter soon to make up for this short chapter. :)

 

As always, thanks for reading and stay tuned

<3

ani_bell