Unexpected Surprises

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]
It was getting late but Daesung and Chaerin were still not done setting up for the party. This was meant to be a surprise party but at the rate that they were going, Youngbae would certainly find out.
"It's okay! MV shoots usually go over time, you know" said Daesung with a reassuring voice. 
"I know but we still have to hang the streamers and the cake hasn't arrived yet..."Said Chaerin, with an unusually nervous voice. 
Daesung laughed, he thought it was cute that Chaerin was worrying so much about this little surprise party. 
Chaerin's voice hinted of anxiety because of the conversation she had earlier with Jiyong. He had known it was she whom he had kissed back at the airport yet he had not tried to clear the situation. And what was that about being confused?  It made no sense to Chaerin. She replayed the conversation in her head again to figure out what had actually been said. 
 
"I thought I liked the girl I kissed back at the airport..." That's what Jiyong said to Chaerin. 
"..." Chaerin kept silent.
"I thought that was Dara but it wasn't her. I kissed her at a concert and the feeling was different"
"Different?"
"Well... Her kiss was sweet and delicate but back at the airport that kiss was accidental... but somehow it felt... friendly"
Chaerin wondered what that meant, weren't all kisses friendly? 
"Why are you telling me this?" Chaerin broke Jiyong's explanation of the kisses because she really didn't feel like talking about it. She was annoyed somehow. 
"Isn't that why you're here?"
"Are you implying I was the one you kissed at the airport?"
"I'm not implying anything but if it was you, you would tell me right?"
Jiyong's face had changed at that moment. His face became softer with those puppy eyes that pleaded for an answer. 
"Actually, I was--..."
That's when Daesung had burst in and interrupted Chaerin. He said there was a problem with Youngbae's surprise party and needed help in order to fix it. Jiyong offered to help but then realized he had a part in the MV and it would be suspicious if he left early. Chaerin agreed and offered to help instead. She never finished her sentence however and jiyong never got his answer.
Turns out, the party planner that was hired for the event was given the wrong date which meant there had been no preparations for the Youngabe's party.  The whole morning was spent trying to look for a DJ, a catering company that could work on the spot, and find a new location for the party since the club they had planned to rent was not available today.
Jiyong would obviously want to know what Chaerin had to say.  He was finally beginning to figure out his feelings for the girl at the airport.  He decided that if the girl had been Chaerin, as he suspected, then he would try to give it a chance with her and ask her out on a date.  But if it didn't turn out to be Chaerin then he wouldn't want to know who it was because he was also falling in love with Dara and she was more important than some misterious girl with whom he shared an accidental.
Chaerin kept thinking of the conversation and what to say to Jiyong at the party when her phone rang.  Finally! the cake had arrived, or so she thought.
"hello?"
"Yes hello, we're calling from Perfect Cakes concerning your order"
"Ok just drop it at the front please"
"...Umm there's actually a small inconvenience."
"What? Is the cake not ready?"
"No no no, the cake is ready and it is perfect but our delivery driver has unexpectedly quit..."
"But it's almost 10:00 pm, can't you lock up early just for today and deliver it please?" 
"I am so sorry but I can't do that, I am the only one running the bake shop today and we have another party going on... I can't leave the customers here, please understand"
Chaerin was frustrated but what could she do? It wasn't the store owner's fault so there was only one thig left to do.
"Sir, could you give me the address of your bakery? I will come and pick it up right now."
Chaerin couldn't believe how stressful this day had turned out to be.  She quickly told Daesung the situation with the cake and left as soon as he lent her the keys to Top's car.  He had borrowed it because of the party emergency but had forgotten to tell him about it.
 
As Chaerin left the cafe they rented for the night, she saw some of the guests beginning to arrive to the surprise party.  This meant she had less than 15 minutes to get the bakery and come back witht the cake.  
 
Youngbae's MV shoot was almost over.  The dancers, actresses and even he was tired, everyone however had a smile on their faces.  Youngbae was surprised because people don't usually smile when they were tired--I guess they were trying to pretend they were okay for his sake. He was happy yet there was always a voice in the back of his head that reminded him of what needed to happen after the MV shoot--he would have to tell Jiyong, his bestfriend, about the kiss.
__________________________________________________________________
Ok so I lied, this story will actually continue for a couple more chapters because I don't wanna rush the ending.
:)
-Ani_bell