Left Alone

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

Dara had fun at Youngbae's surprise party but she wouldn't be able to truly enjoy the party unless she talked to Jiyong and straightened things out.   This is why she sent that text to Chaerin.  She needed help and Chaerin was the only one she could count on to arrange a meeting with Jiyong wihtout having to explain all the ordeal.  Chaerin, being the good friend that she is, agreed, and talked to Jiyong as soon as she could.

"Well, what do you think?" said Chaerin as she approached Jiyong. "Did Daesungie and I do a good job setting up this place or what?"

"It looks incredible.  And best of all, Youngbae looks happy." answered Jiyong in a cheerful voice.  He was sipping on some coke by the window overlooking the garden when Chaerin started to talk to him.  She had left so quickly earlier that she couldn't completely answer his question.  He knew for sure that the girl he had kissed at the airport was her but a small part of him didn't want it to be true... at least that's what he thought.  "Anyways, I think we should continue our conversation from earlier... You never really finished what you were saying."

"Oh right." Chaerin became a little nervous "...I forgot about our conversation." 

"Do you wanna go out and and talk?  It will be quieter and everyone is inside anyways."

Chaerin looked at her phone and realized there was still plenty of time left for them to talk before Dara and Jiyong's meeting.  She needed to get this over with and get everything explained.  She had had time to think about the whole conversation while she was setting up for the party and she knew exatly what she wanted to say and do.  She realized Dara and Jiyong belonged together and she wanted them both to be happy.  She might have had a tiny crush on Jiyong but she would never take away what was Dara's--she loved Dara as a sister.  She was going to tell Jiyong that she really was the one Jiyong had kissed but that a friendly kiss is just that, it's a kiss between friends and othing else.  She would tell him that Dara and him had more in common and made a cute couple.  She would support them if they wanted to date. 

"yea, let's go outside"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dara's image had always been that of the playful, pretty and confdent girl next door, but tonight, she was just pretty.  Her nervousness took over her confidence and her silly side.  She went over what she would say to Jiyong over and over in her head.  She was mostly scared because she didn't want to lose him as a friend.  

"What's up with you?" said Top "You look like you're about to confess a crime."  

"..wh..what?.  Dara was a little startled, she thought she was the only one outside in the garden.  "What are you doing here? Still mad at Daesungie?"

Top laughed.  "No, it was for a good cause so I forgave him even before coming to the party.  I'm just here because I'm letting him think I'm still mad at him and that I don't want to see him."

"You're such a horrible person!" Dara said jokingly. "that poor boy... you know he'd bend bacwards for his hyungs."

"I know, that's why I'm here.  I want to milk this as much as possible."  Top's sinister yet y laughed appeared "I'm hoping he'll do all my chores this week.  But don't tell him I told you... oh and we should probably go back to the party, the president is about to make a speach."

Dara laughed and followed Top when suddenly she heard talking.  She recognized the voices; it was Jiyong and Chaerin.  I wonder if she's asked Jiyong to meet me later tonight.. Chaerin was curious and decided to hide behind a bush while Jiyong and Chaerin talked.

"Look, the kiss at the airport should not have happened and there is nothing about it that should have confused you."

"You knew how I felt but you decided to ignore me and wouldn't even talk about it.  Chaerin, you knew."

Chaerin was in the middle of clearing things up with Jiyong when Dara started to listen to their conversation, but she had started to listen at the wrong moment. She couldn't believe her ears and couldn't stop the tears from forming in her eyes.  All this time Dara was worried about her and her relationship with jiyong, but it was all in vain.  How couuld I be so stupid... no wonder Jiyong was so stand off-ish, I am the one who misunderstood everything.  Chaerin left inmediately but didn't go to the party.  She called a cab and went home, not her dorm, but her actual house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally it was time to clear things up.  Chaerin and Jiyong were outside talking about everything that had accurred, from the airport to Japan to the MV shooting.  Everything had to be explained tonight.

"About earlier, sorry I left in the middle of the conversation and yes you do deserve an explanation."

"So it was you the one I kissed at the airport right?  The kiss that felt friendly."

"Look, the kiss at the airport should not have happened and there is nothing about it that should have confused you." 

"You knew how I felt but you decided to ignore me and wouldn't even talk about it.  Chaerin, you knew."

"I was under the impression that you knew it was me too.  Later, I found out you thought it was Dara but it was too late for me to say anything because it seemed like you and her were together.  Also, I was mad at her for not telling me about you two---I felt betrayed, I thought I was close enough with both of you that you could tell me about you guys' relationship."

"You still avoided talking about it. Why? that's what confused me!"

"I told you, I thought we didn't need to since you seemed to be falling for Dara." Chaerin was getting a little angry.  "It doesn't matter what happened in tge past anymore.  You like Dara don't you?"

Jiyong blushed a little and nodded.

"Well, then I think you guys should talk too.  Dara wants to talk to you about smething in the kitchen." Dara checked her phone again and realized there were only 10 minutes left "..you have to go now actually.  Just wait for her there."

"Thank you.  And you're right, you're oneof my closest friends here, that's why I wanted to clear things out." Jiyong smiled and hugged er before heading for the party.  Chaerin stayed in the garden and gave a sigh of relief.  Finally, things were less cpmplicated now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five minutes had passed since Chaerin had told Jiyong to wait for Dara in the kitchen.  She was running a little late but Jiyong didn't mind and kept waiting. After 15 minutes, he was getting nervous. He could have looked for her in the cafe but what if she came to the kitchen just as he was out looking for her? He thought it would be best to wait.  After 20 minutes passed, he decided to call her. 

No answer. 

Jiyong, whatever there was between us... Forget about it. I now realize it meant nothing.  Although I could say we should stay friends, I know I can't do that. I'll do my best to move on so please don't call me. This is already too embarrassing.  And don't worry about the future awkwardness, I will act as if nothing has ever happened between us. I'll treat you like any other singer from the company. I'm sorry I'm not the person you wish I was...
This is my last act as a friend: please be happy. -Dara

Jiyong got no answer to his call, only a sad text. Jiyong stared at it blankly without moving.  He let time pass--he didn't care anymore, he became numb and his heart dropped to his stomach. So this is what heartache feels like... His thoughts raced in his mind trying to figure out what he had done wrong.  He blamed it on his schedule, her schedule, their company, the music industry but after he ran out of excuses, he blamed himself. All of a sudden he felt cold and noticed there were no more noises coming from the party. Everyone had left. He was alone, but he dared not move from the kitchen. This is a bad dream... She'll come see me, she's the one who wanted to see me... I just need to wait.