Nothing Means Something

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

Sandara knew the choreography perfectly, she complimented Youngbae’s dancing quite well—they looked like the perfect dance partners but then the unexpected happened.

“This could not be happening to me. It was only one innocent kiss! When did everything get so complicated? It was just acting... right?"

Sandara Park overlooked the beautiful city of Seoul from her apartment as she remembered what had happened earlier that night.  She could not believe that kiss! Was it her idea to do it? Or was it his?

I guess it didn't matter at this point.  She had kissed Youngbae.

But two things are for sure; she had to hide the kiss from the rest of the 2ne1 girls—but she hated hiding things from her friends, they were like sisters.  She also needed to keep Jiyong from finding out about the kiss—things were complicated between them and that night at the concert only made things worse. Jiyong never said how he felt about her and this kiss may change everything.

But how did it happen? There was no kiss in the script yet they had somehow kissed… Dara closed her eyes and tried to relieve the moment.

They were following the steps normally; Youngbae held her left hand and then her right hand as he sang “Girl like you, gotta make you mine.  Imma treat you right baby” He wrapped her arms around his head slightly and moved himself so that they were eye to eye and face to face.  For the next move, Youngbae had to turn his head slightly for a kiss on the cheek but he didn’t, instead, he got closer to Dara and she kissed his lips instead.  The interesting thing was that neither of them pulled away from the kiss nor did they kiss any further—they just allowed their lips to meet and remained motionless for 3 seconds.

Youngbae was the first to pull away “I guess you missed my cheek” He said with an awkward smile “We must both really be tired, let’s call it a night.  Do you need me to drive you home?”

“Oh… ummm no, Chaerin texted me earlier and said she was in a shop around here.  I’ll go home with her” But that was a lie.

“Are you sure? Because I can drop you off at your dorm easily.  It’s not far away from mine.” That was also a lie.  BigBang’s dorms were 30 minutes away from 2NE1’s.

“It’s totally fine.  Go ahead” Dara accompanied Youngbae to the parking lot and watched him drive away before she took her cellphone out and called a taxi.

Minzy was the only one still awake when Dara came back.  “You’re finally home” asked Minzy while Dara was taking off her shoes “what were you doing?” It was an innocent questions but Dara found it difficult to answer

“What? Nothing happened… I mean, I’m tired… I did nothing… I did something but it was nothing… STOP INTERROGATING ME” Dara knew she was caught and she didn’t know what to do so she just ran to her room, avoiding eye contact with Minzy.

Minzy smiled “Yup, she did something” she returned to the movie she was watching and sent a text.

-Oppa, has Youngbae oppa arrived yet?-

Her phone vibrated with a reply text immediately after she sent hers.

-He got here a couple of minutes but he was acting weird-

-Go and ask him if something happened.  Dara just came home and she said “nothing” happened-

-Nothing huh? - Seungri wanted to know for sure if Jiyong and Dara were dating and maybe Youngbae knew something.

Seungri left the kitchen area where he was eating an apple and walked towards Youngbae’s room.  Youngbae was in cloud nine with a stupid grin on his face that only love can bring.  He was just staring at the ceiling while lying on his bed.

“Hyung, do you want an apple? You must be hungry after working so hard today.” Seungri handed Youngbae his bitten apple trying to starts a simple conversation.

“Hey!  You bit this apple, how can I eat it now” said Youngbae as he sat up on his bed “I’m not hungry, I’m too confused to eat anything today”

“Why is it because of the MV? I heard you had to cancel the rest of the MV shooting today? And I also heard it was Dara’s fault.”

“What? Oh that… Dara just needed some more practice time that’s all” Youngbae felt a wave of panic pass through him.  His happiness suddenly fled and what was left was the look of guilt.

“Oh so you helped her tonight?” Seungri’s eyes lit up with curiosity.

“Yea, I helped her practice in the set and we... kiss—I mean, we practiced the kiss scene...” Youngbae’s face grew even darker with guilt as his voice trailed off.  He had betrayed his best friend, and Dara was probably confused.  There was a moment of silence between Seungri and Youngbae.  Seungri looked at Youngbae’s face and he understood what had happened.  He turned around and headed for the door as he whispered “You’re supposed to be his best friend”.  Seungri left the room and slammed the door behind him.

-Please check on Dara.  She needs a fried right now-  Minzy was surprised to see the message had come from Youngbae and not Seungri.  Then her phone rang.

“Hello? Oppa, what did you find out?” answered Minzy already suspecting what had happened.

“I know what’s going on now” said Seungri and he continued to explain everything that had happened.  “Both Youngbae and Jiyong like Dara and I think Dara likes Jiyong back but Youngbae kissed her tonight.”

“What?! Wait, does that mean that the girl Jiyong kissed at the airport was really Dara?”

“I’m still confused about that… All we know about that is that SuMin and you were the only ones who weren’t kissed”

“I’ll call you back, I have to ask someone a question” Minzy hung up the phone and walked to Chaerin’s room but found her sleeping.  She was the only one still awake, she looked at her phone as the clock marked 3:46 am.  She yawned and went to her room—she would interrogate her friends and get this over with in 3 hours.