A Friend You Can Count On

All is Fair in Love [EDITING]

It was finally time to film the Music Video for Taeyang's I Need A Girl.  Everything was ready; the production team had begun setting up early in the morning, the stylists were preparing and accesorizing all the outfits for the dancers, the make-up artists were lining up all the make-up needed and the director was going over the Video concept once more before Youngbae arrived.  Everything was organized and ready for the stars to come and demonstrate their acting, singing and dancing skills.  

A nervous Dara was the first to arrive to the shooting with Minzy and Chaerin by her side.  Chaerin was still being cold to Dara for not teling her about the relationship with Jiyong but as 2NE1's leader, she needed to support all the members in everything they did.  

"Calm down, unnie.  You've practiced a lot.  You'll be fine" said Minzy.  She was doing her best to encourage Dara since Chaerin was being a total ice queen.  Minzy noticed Chaerin had been unusually cold to Dara lately but she didn't have enough courage to say anything so she just watched, hoping that everything would work out.   Meanwhile, Chaerin just looked around and talked to the stylists--she was uninterested and unsupportive of Dara.

Dara had noticed Chaerin's change in behavior too but she had been too busy between rehearsal and other schedules to worry about anything else in her life--she had not even talked to Jiyong since the hotel incident because they never seemed to have time to talk.  What bothered her the  most was the fact neither Jiyong nor Chaerin had even texted her asking her how she was.  Thankfully, her schedules kept her busy.  

"If everything goes smoothly today, I'll buy dinner tonight" Said Dara, she was glad minzy had helped her practice these past 2 weeks.

"Really? then I'll choose the restaurant!" Minzy sounded excited as she pushed Dara towards the make-up area.  "Unnie, you have to look super pretty today, remember you're representing 2NE1"

"ok" said Dara and went to the make up artist. 

Youngbae arrived next along with Daesung and Top, they were there to support Youngbae and also to steal food (this was Top's idea). As they entered the set, Minzy greeted them and asked where Seungri was. 

"Jiyong hyung and him had a schedule today. Why? Do you like Seungri?" Said Daesung teasing Minzy.

"Leaver her alone" interrupted Top "don't you know she likes me?" 

Daesung and Top liked teasing Minzy because she was like their little sister.  At first it was cute and Minzy never said anything back but Minzy was no longer a little girl--now she had a clever comeback.

"Oppa, stop saying things like that, I already rejected you last week" 

Daesung was taken back by Minzy's answer and laughed proudly.  Minzy had burned Top Oppa.

"Oh Burn!!!" Shouted Youngbae from across the room while the hairstilyst was fixing his hair and that famous mohawk of his.  Even Top was caugh off guard and had nothing left to do but laugh it off.

---------

"Three, Two, One, Action!" Shuted the director and the first beats of the song started...

"I'm tired of being alone, sick of being single.  I think I need me a girl" Youngbae's voice could be heard across the studio along with the footsteps of the dancers.

"Girl, I need a girl

Mweolhaedo eeppeun

Mommaedo eepp- CUT!!!"

The music had stopped all of sudden, it seemed the director was not pleased with the performance.

"Youngbae-ssi, I think some of your dancers need an extra day to practice... We'll continue shooting tomorrow, ok?"

Dara heard the words of the director and she knew he was talking about her because she kept dancing half a beat too late... but it wasn't her fault.  The song was so beautiful but it reminded her too much of Jiyong and the kiss at the concert.  She tried to concentrate on the dance moves but she couldn't--her wondering mind was getting in the way.  Still, she was glad the director didn't call her out in front of everyone else... it was still embarrassing though.

Youngbae was talking to the director about the music video but he wasn't disagreeing with the director about pushing the rest of the shooting to the next day.  He knew there was something wrong with Dara and her dancing because the smile she used to wear on her face had faded as soon as the first verse of the song started.  

"Listen, everyone, you’ve worked hard today but I must push the rest of the shooting to tomorrow.   There’s no need to reassemble the set for tomorrow so please come at around 10:00 am.”  Everyone heard the announcement and cheered, not because the shooting was cancelled but because all the crew didn’t have to show up until 10 am the next morning—this was a rare occasion for the crew and so everyone began to leave happily.

Youngbae smiled at the crew’s attitude, he understood what it was like to work hard—he had been a trainee for many years before debuting.

“Dara, are you okay?”

"I'm sorry about your music video, I know you must be disappointed in me--trust me; this is not how I wanted this to go either” Dara began apologizing while her eyes were starting to water… she really hated disappointing her friends.

“It’s okay, you must be nervous and it looks like something is bothering you… let’s go eat something so you can relax, where are the other girls?”

“I sent them home, I kind of wanted to be alone and be miserable”

Youngbae smiled and out an arm around Dara “Well, I’m not feeling too good today either so let’s go eat something and be miserable together… what do you say?’

Dara smiled and nodded

“I think an ice cream cone and a piece of cake will get me out of this mood”

“Sounds delicious” Dara began to smile again.  Things were always easier with Youngbae. 

Getting ice cream was one of the hardest decisions to make for both Dara and Youngbae—they had been staring at the 25 ice cream flavors for over 15 minutes now and couldn’t make a choice. 

“I like chocolate so I’ll pick something with chocolate in it”

“that narrows it down to 8 flavors; Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Marble, Chocolate Marshmallow, Chunky Chocolate and Choco-Strawberry with Caramel.”

“What?!?! Why is choosing an ice cream flavor so hard!”

“You know we’ve been here for 20 minutes and we can’t choose a flavor” Dara smiled “Should we choose random flavors?”

“Sounds good, let the gods of ice cream choose the flavors” Youngbae said in defeat, who knew ice cream would take so much time to choose... the scariest part was that they hadn’t bought cake yet.

-----------

After about an hour, Youngbae and Dara came back to the MV set with their ice cream and macaroons instead of cake.  Dara sat down in the middl of the dance floor set for the MV and took out a chocolate macaroon.  Youngbae joined her and looked at his watch.

“We spent an hour trying getting these snacks… who knew picking a flavor could be this complicated”

Dara laughed at Youngbae’s comment and said “I don’t understand how you can go shopping for clothes when you can’t even decide on an ice cream flavor”

“I go shopping with Jiyong, he’s painfully honest with his fashion comments but they stop me from making stupid purchases” Youngbae said as he took a caramel filled macaroon. “What about you? You chose macaroons instead of cake… how can someone change her mind so easily?”

Dara answered but her smile was different, it was kind of forced now.  “Well, I’m a girl and when it comes to shopping, I never know what I really want until I see it and try it on.”

“So it’s a girl thing… changing your mind all the time”

“Yes it is” Dara said while getting up “And I have just changed my mind again because I don’t want to eat anymore… let’s practice the choreography to your song again”

“I like the sound of that!”

“What? Practice?”

“No, the song.  You called it my song”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for waiting <3

-ani_bell