The Play

Love Conquers All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunmi’s POV

 

Here I am, sitting on a stool in front of a big mirror. Okay, SCREW IT. I am currently here in the dressing room with the other students. Sunny volunteered to be my make-up artist. “Close your eyes” Sunny gently commanded. I obeyed with what she just said then I felt her finger brushed my left eyelid and went to my right. She focused on my eyes. She put some thin eyeliner to emphasize my eyes and mascara too.

“Okay you can open it now.” Said Sunny.

I opened my eyes and saw my reflection on the mirror. *WOW!* My eyes were beautiful. “It’s perfect.” I smiled. “Gomawo. I put a light make-up on you. Well, I thought will definitely suit your character.” She explained as she brushed my hair. “It’s very beautiful. It’s simple yet elegant. I kinda prefer light make-up too.” I muttered still staring on the mirror.

She did my hair too. She braided it on the left side. The door suddenly opened revealing Taeyeon. *Oh. She must be checking.* She saw me and squealed like crazy. “You’re very beautiful, Sunmi-ah.” She smiled. "Uhuh.“My masterpiece!” Sunny butted in. We all laughed and all the students turned all their heads to us. “Uh-haha.” Sunny awkwardly laughed.

Taeyeon clapped to drew attention. “30 minutes left!!!! Let’s GO GO GO! She screamed. “I’ll go check on you on the next 15 minutes.Ciao~” She turned around and exited the dressing room.  Now, pressure is getting over me and I moight actually have a mental breakdown. What if I forgot the lines, what if I mess up on the stage. What if-.

“Now, Go change. Your dress is already inside the changing room.” She slightly tapped my shoulder. I released a deep sigh and went to the room. I found the dress inside and it’s stunning. It has its ‘old times’ aura since this Play will be like ‘Romeo and Juliet’ but Taeyeon gave it a twist in the story.

I wore the dress and checked myself on the mirror. I felt like I went back in 16th century. I went back to the dressing room and found Sunny waiting for me. She did some adjustment on the gown. “Just a sec.” Sunny ran through and went back exactly one minute. She was holding a pair of shoes. “Wear this.” She said. I wore those as she told me to.

 

-----------

 

“15 minutes have passed and Get ready for another 15 minutes and we’re on!” Taeyeon informed us. I am waiting on the backstage with Jinki who’s the Main Actor and my partner. We were practicing for the next 10 minutes. *Ohh MY! 5 minutes left.* My palms are becoming sweaty. I heard our principal talking to the audience. I decided to peek behind the big red curtains; I saw Mrs. Han on the third row. *She really made it.* I was very happy yet nervous.

I heard my phone and checked it out. Luhan. Luhan sent me a message.

 

From: My Prince :”>
You can do it. If ever you forgot your lines. Look to the first row and I’ll help you. ;) Okay?
I know you’ll be great. My girlfriend is always great. :D GOOD LUCK. I love you. :*

 

I can’t lie now. (LOL) I mean, Luhan did somehow calm me down. I heard our saying ‘Okay, Thank you for giving us your time. It will help our school but also the city’s orphanage. We definitely appreciate it. So, folks … ENJOY!’

Then the lights went down. The other characters entered the stage, they did their scene and when the servant called me I knew it was my cue. I walked gracefully and did some eye contact with the audience. The next scene was singing a song, explaining my life as a royal princess of the 6th Century. After singing the song, the crowd cheerfully clapped. I saw Luhan and Mrs. Han nodding at me. I gave them a hearty smile.

The male lead finally entered the stage. He started to sing a song for me, the Royal Princess. He was doing a serenade for me. I acted like ‘I am so touched and stuff’ I forced myself to make myself like I am on the verge of crying, in happiness of course. The crowd cooed at our moment. They were all clapping every time we sang our songs.

After 1 ½ hours of acting and singing…. The play has finally ended.

“Let’s clap for our dear students who participated on our Annual Play.” The audience gave us a standing ovation. My eyes landed on someone, *Oh my gosh! The president came?* *How come I didn’t notice him?*

We were all standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter