Closer

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Closer

‘Loving you was hard, having you by my side should be enough. I really shouldn’t ask for more.’

***

 

“So now we can start setting up the day for the first script reading along with the director and screenwriter this Wednesday. Are you okay with that?” The young producer asked after reread the signed agreement papers in his hand.

Seeing no response from the superstar that was sitting next to him, Junsu nudged the idol’s arm, bringing back his focus on their current discussion over the new contract of casting him in an action Korean drama.

“Sorry, come again?” Jaejoong looked up from staring at his watch to the man in front of him.

“I plan to hold our first meeting and script reading with the PD and other casts this Wednesday. So, I just want to know if you’re okay with it.” The man smiled, noticing the other seemed to ponder over something else. 

“Oh, I’m okay. My schedule is clear for this week, right Junsu?” Jaejoong returned the smile and looked at his manager who was staring at him as if reading what was playing in his mind just now. Junsu nodded in response. 

“That’s good then. I hope everything will be going smoothly. So far, no one knows that I’ve proposed to you for the main actor role. I’m the one who wanted you to be in my drama, you seem to have this mysterious aura and yet warm personality that suits the main role for the drama.” The young producer chuckled and continued, “I’ll see you in 2 days from now. Nice to meet you, Jaejoong-ssi. I’m looking forward to working with you soon.” He stretched out his hand for a handshake.

“Yes, same here.” Jaejoong took the other’s hand. “Thank you Sang Yoon-ssi for trusting me with this project and giving me a chance to work in this production. I’ll do my best.” He said with a new working spirit.

After excused themselves from the office, Junsu led the idol out and there was an immediate bodyguard approached Jaejoong’s side once they walked out of the office building. 

Jaejoong smiled upon seen the familiar face. “So, you’re the one who is chosen to replace him?” 

The young man returned the smile and nodded while avoiding from meeting the beautiful lad’s eyes, feeling a bit shy when the idol was being friendly with him. “Yes, Yunho sunbaenim is very kind. He had shortened my punishment period of going through those tough training again and sent me to guard you back, Jaejoong-ssi.” Sunggyu said and opened the car door for him. 

“It must be that you’re actually the one he mostly trusted. I’m glad to see you are back active in the field. I’m sorry for making you went through all those troubles last time. It wasn’t my intention and that was childish of me. It was all my fault.” Jaejoong expressed his regret, remembering the guy got scolded and suspended from the main job last time for being careless in guarding him, who was at that time just seeking for Yunho’s attention by getting into troubles.

“No, actually it was like a test to me too. And yet I failed to prove that I’m worth to be a good bodyguard. Nothing to feel sorry for, Jaejoong-ssi.”

Jaejoong chuckled and shook his head. “You’re so genuine, I like your attitude. But still, I’m very sorry. Please don’t take anything to heart.” He said before getting into the car.

It had been a week since he came back to Korea and he made a decision to continue working in the country, just grabbing all the opportunities that would be the pinnacle of his career. Jaejoong well aware of his father won’t allow him to, but with Yunho’s presence at the time was enough to show Kim Seung Woo where the centre of his son’s happiness was. But of course, the old man won’t just let him be doing what he wanted forever, he knew soon or later he has to go back to be bequeathed all of his wealth and take over his father’s seat. That was the promise he had with his father in exchange to let him return to Korea for now.

What made him happier now than he had ever been before was he could finally live with the man he was yearning for years. After they came back together, the elder of the two had already prepared everything. Yunho had moved all of Jaejoong’s stuff from his temporary place last time to his penthouse that was located just below Jaejoong’s. Yunho reasoned it was dangerous for the idol to still staying there when the stalker had successfully broken into the house last time. And it was better to live where he could watch him closely. Jaejoong felt his current life now was too good to be true, though he knew there was probably more obstacles coming in their way, he refused to live his life in fear and worry. With all the stress he had dwelled himself on so far, he didn’t want that to be the reason for stopping him from finding his happiness this time. 

Jaejoong glanced at his watch again once the car drove off. It was 5 o'clock, time to go home and probably Yunho was already there. His heart had an instant strange giddy feeling whenever he thought of seeing the man. 

“Do you have any plan after this?” Junsu asked. He had been eyeing the younger man since they were in the producer’s office. The idol’s mind kept flying off to somewhere else when they were in discussion.

“Huh? No...” Jaejoong turned to Junsu. “Why do you ask?”

“Hmm… nothing. Just curious because your body language seems like looking forward to something else.” Junsu smiled meaningfully.

“It’s not like that. I’m just…”

“You just can’t wait to go home or to see that handsome face of Jung Yunho? So, which one?” Junsu cut off and laughed as Jaejoong hushed him with threw him a glare. The idol just couldn’t lie to him, making the latter frustrated. 

“You are already living with him now, then why seem still so eager to see him everyday, uh?” He chuckled. He could see how the used-to-be lonely and gloomy idol had swiftly changed these days. He could feel the positive energy when he was around him and Junsu was glad for Yunho’s presence that played the significant part for bringing back Jaejoong to normal and resume his career.

“By the way, Yunho will probably be getting home a bit late. So I’ll accompany you until he comes back.”

“Huh, how do you know?” Jaejoong looked at Junsu curiously this time.

“Because he is currently at the hospital. He asked me to look after you until he-” 

“Hospital? Why? Does something happened to him?” Jaejoong asked in a worried tone. His heart pounded slightly, as it started caught up in anxiety. 

“Oh… I’ve just talked too much.” Junsu muttered to himself.

*

Yunho walked out of the examination room with a deep pensive mind, one hand slipped into his trouser pocket and another was rubbing the back of his neck. The conversation he just had with the surgeon that in charge of him last time kept replaying in his head.  

Since he returned to his duty, he wasn’t allowed to be active in the field anymore. He could only manage the work in the office. Yoochun had suggested him to stop exposing so much by being with Jaejoong since the suspect for his case was still walking free out there. In the end, he had to entrust Jaejoong under a few capable protection officers that he trusted. 

“So, how is it going?” A woman’s voice broke him out of his trance. 

He looked up and his eyes met with the young woman who stood before him, seemingly had been waiting for him in the hospital lobby for a long while. 

“Everything’s okay.” He said compendiously.

“That’s it?” The woman asked, eyes gauging him in doubt.

“What, are you hoping that I am not okay?”

She laughed, one hand covering . “That’s not what I meant.” She corrected. “It’s just the response you gave is too short and-” She huffed, didn’t finish her word. “Forget it. It’s not like I used with you being talkative all this time. You’re just a person with a lack of words” She admitted.

“Why are you here though? Don’t you say you’re busy filming today?” Yunho asked as he looked around to see there was no one else in the lobby with her.

“I am busy. But… I just feel the need to come here, in case I got a chance to see you break from that strong look of yours.”

“So, did you get your chance?” Yunho looked at her amusedly.

“Hmm… sadly no. As you told me, you’re totally fine. That’s so annoying!”

Yunho’s eyes widened and she laughed in enjoyment upon seen his reaction. Then his eyes darted past her, over her shoulder to where he spotted a familiar figure outside of the lobby.

“I think you should going now.” He said suddenly with eyes fixed on the presence of someone that stood outside.

“You’re always trying to dismiss me…” She said with a sulking look.

“I’m just saying if you don’t want to be running late, then better for you to go now Sung Hee-ssi.” Yunho said softly as he turned back to look at her.

“Oh, I almost forgot. Okay, I’ll get going now. Take care of yourself and…” She leaned closer to him and whispered, “…be careful this time and don’t get hurt again while protecting others. Your own life is precious too.”

Yunho just muttered back, “I will. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome~” She smiled brightly before walked out towards the entrance. Yunho waited until the woman left from his sight before he darted back his gaze toward a lean, pale young man that stood under the tree on the opposite pathway - obviously waiting for him.

He pushed the glass door of the hospital main entrance to found the path before him already covered with snow. It had started snowing since this morning.

Once he stepped out, he looked at the lad that was still staring at him unblinkingly at the moment. The wind swept past them in fitful gusts, and Yunho could see the other shivered slightly. He steadfastly walked toward the latter with eyes didn’t break from the other’s until he stopped just a few feet before him.

“What are you doing out here? Don’t you know the risk you could be facing by standing here alone and in this kind of weather?” His tone was calm, but the look in his eyes was firm as always.

The other just looked up at him with such unreadable expression. Yunho could see the unspoken question in those doe-like eyes and he knew the lad was feeling sullen over something.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, even he seemed to get why the other was throwing him that kind of look.

“Why didn’t you tell me you are here?” Jaejoong voiced out. ‘And who’s that woman?’ That was his later question that couldn’t be utter. He had been watching the man talked to the unknown friendly woman from the distance just now.

“It’s nothing serious. I’m just coming here for the regular check-up.”

“Then why did you keep it secret from me?”

“Because I know you would be reacting like this.”

“But still, I don’t like to be left out if it’s something related to you. I feel even more worried if you’re hiding things like this.”

Yunho smiled. This Kim Jaejoong in front of him had grown up to debate and talk back to him very well. It was pretty enchanting. 

He gazed at the superstar softly, Jaejoong was looking adorable as ever at the moment with strands of hair curled out as being stirred by the wind. Those bright doe-like eyes never failed to capture his attention. Yunho lifted his hand to brush off the snow on the few strains of the younger man’s hair. “Are you purposely getting mad at me before I do first?”

“Huh?” Jaejoong felt his cheeks getting hot by the man’s simple gesture.

“You know I’ve a right to get mad at you now. You’re even breathing fog in the cold. Where are Junsu and the bodyguard that I’ve assigned for you?” Yunho’s eyes roamed around, searching his men.

Jaejoong pouted. “Over there.” He pointed to the end of the junction where there was a car parked not too far from where they stood.

“Why don’t you just come inside and find me if you’re already here? That’s better than standing in the cold.” Yunho asked, suddenly trying to seek confirmation on Jaejoong’s trauma over being in the hospital. He had heard it from Yoohwan before how the other was shaking when he sent him into the emergency room last time.

The idol just remained silent, his eyes downcast, looking down at the snow at his feet. “I… I prefer to just wait outside.” Jaejoong muttered. “And… you seemed busy talking with someone just now.” He said it and peering over to see Yunho’s expression, curiously.

“Someone?” Yunho frowned before he realized, “Oh, that woman just came to check on me.”

Jaejoong waited if the man would say more about the woman, but it seemed the topic just stopped there. He didn’t want to probe further as he didn’t want to sound nosy about the other’s affair. For him to be with the man now was good enough and he didn’t want to push his feeling thoughtlessly just li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter