His return

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His return

*****

 

'He is such a dazzling existence that I can’t look away from.' 

 

 

Yoochun had just settled down on his chair, ready to engross himself with a pile of work which he had abandoned for the few days; after he had been busy with something unplanned. As his hand was about to reach a heap of documents on his table, the door of his office was opened abruptly, alarming him about the presence of the person who always needed to be remind about the courtesy of knocking the door. 

 

"Yoochun, what's all of this?" The intruder asked in a serious tone. 

 

"What is it Yunho, that making you forgot to give a knock and barge into my room, again?" Yoochun asked, emphasizing the word 'again'. 

 

"What's with this sudden changes of duty? I've just received a short notice that I have to pick up someone at the airport in two hours and stop escorting Seo Yi Ji from now on. Have I done something that making her management cancelled the contract with us or something?" 

 

"Oh, hold on... it's not like what you thought. Actually I've passed the task as Seo Yi Ji's personal bodyguard to another protection officer." Yoochun informed casually. 

 

"Why?" Yunho kept asking, curious as if his service didn't satisfied the said client. 

 

"Yah, you're the team leader, the intelligent and well-trained out of all professional bodyguards here. And yet, you are wasting your time with doing a frivolous task, escorting such a spoil and unsought actress. It's such a waste for your skills." Yoochun commented nonchalantly. 

 

"What's with that? Aren't you the one who enunciated the client is always our priority regardless what their personality or social status is. Once the contract is agreed by both sides, we have to oblige every client's needs and protect them no matter what without a complaint." 

 

A wide smile graced Yoochun's face upon heard the reprimand; as expected from the ever strict man. He knew how the other always adhering to every stringent regulation they have enacted once he run his mission. It was unquestionable why the man always be favored and selected by most of the clients from various social status. Being an eminent man of great intelligence, the man never once being choosey nor complaining whatever tasks that were given to him. And he will devoted himself to the job, completing his duties without failing.  

 

He also still remembered how Yunho refused to continue study last time when Mr. Park suggested him to pursue his study in the same course as his son - taking business management. Yunho had refused by reasoning that he had another thing in his mind that he wanted to be. Instead of entering the recommended university, he entered ISA academy; the most respectful  international security school for elite security personnel. He had also straightly working with a few notable and influential foreign organizations for six years before he comeback to his home country, after received a shocking and heartbroken news of Mr. Park's death. The elder had even left a will which stated the security agency that he had built for years will bequeathed to his elder son and Yunho who had the legal right to handle, as he believed the both men expertness in different fields and their undeniable companionship will bring the best consortium for the company.  

 

Yoochun had the skill of management, while Yunho had a deep understanding in the fundamental of security and protection services. Also, his unarguably martial art skill was a bonus; making him become a strong backbone of the company. Nonetheless, the prideful side of him was unchangeable, he refused to hold half of the company's share which up until now Yoochun still kept persuading his friend to just accept his father's will. But it seemed the stubborn man had his own principle; more comfortable and prefer to be treated normally as a subordinate even he had long surpassed the superior level.  

 

"I've got us a new assignment this time. It can be considered as a serious case. The client's name is quite famous and moreover not just in the country. So I need you to handle this most important task. I can't handing it to a mere junior or anyone else." Yoochun said while inspecting Yunho's reaction.  

 

As he expected from the man who always in his professional mode once the work topic mentioned, Yunho asked directly, "Is it a politician or  business conglomerate people this time? Any dangerous threat involved?"  

 

"Well, it's not from such a group of people. He is an idol and the famous one. But yes, from the report it was told the subject haven't stop receiving negative threats. But it seems this person is still unaware of the real situation and even taken it lightly. So his management has decided to personally requested someone from our company to protect him. They really  wanted to put him under a close surveillance. So, out of all candidates I had in mind, you are the perfect one. " Yoochun explained in detail, inwardly wishing Yunho won't say much and just accept the assignment. 

 

"Can I see the client's profile? Since its just a short notice, at least I need to go through some detail and know the basic information about him." 

For a second, Yoochun was taken off guard by the question -  unprepared for the answer. He forgot the most important procedure that the assigned personal bodyguard supposed to study the detail of the clients, so it will ease their job in protecting the latter. But since this one client is whom he had specially pursued and tried to put under Yunho's shielding discreetly, without letting the man knowing about the said client's identity beforehand. As he didn't sure how the unpredictable man would react, probably, the other will refused or against the idea. So it was better to keep the identity of the client from the man for now, until the time comes where he had to face the latter - sure the man couldn't escaped from the task anymore. Yoochun knew it was such a pathetic measure, but he couldn't think of any better strategy at the moment. 

 

"Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the client's detail file with me today since I've reviewed it last night at home. I've briefed you about him just now, so I will pass the detail document to you later." Yoochun gave a quick reason. 

 

"So, I need to pick him up from the airport in less than two hours now, right?" 

 

"Yes, I've already arranged the team of security to wait and him from Incheon airport once he arrived, also the place where he will be staying." 

 

"Ok, got it." Yunho said compendiously without much asking. He then walked out from Yoochun's office to make a preparation, unnoticed of the relieve expression and a big satisfaction smile displayed on his friend's face. 

 

*** 

 

The silver-metallic sedan car, Audi A8 was parked before the huge entrance of Incheon airport, waiting for certain someone who was scheduled to arrive that day. But it seemed the time for the person to supposedly arrive had long passed. 

 

"How long the plane had landed now?"  

 

"Almost an hour already, sir." The man on the driver seat answered his superior, who was seating on the passenger seat composedly. Once a while, the leader would checking the time on his watch, his face was unreadable as his mind calculated something. It had been two years since the younger man entered the security team, never once he saw his superior's face show a glint of emotion, either feel pleased or irritated. The man always stayed composed, calm and mostly expressionless even they were in a very tense situation. 

 

"Seulong, is there any report about the flight being delayed?" Yunho asked again in his usual calm tone. Four of his men was sent to wait at the arrival gate, but it had been almost an hour, there was still no glimpse of the said idol came out with the four guards.  

 

"No, it is reported the plane will be landed on the exact time as we have estimated, sir." 

 

"I will go out and reconfirm the detail of the flight from Japan with the management." Yunho said and get out from the car, he just couldn't sitting in the car, waiting leisurely while the subject that supposedly to be protected was nowhere in his eyes. That was one of the reason why he didn't want to accept the position to be the second CEO of the agency; he couldn't seat quietly, the desk job wasn't his thing. 

 

He had just entered the entrance when he suddenly snapped about something important that he had forgot to ask, or rather not being informed by his friend previously. He mentally kicked himself to be not well prepared about the very basic detail of his next-to-be client. It was the first time it happened.  

Yunho kept his long legs walking while staring down on the pristine tiled floor, in a deep thinking face.

 

'What's the person's name? I don't remember Yoochun has ever mentioned it to me.'  

 

As if on cue, he lifted his head to look up and caught the four guards, escorting the said client. Yunho couldn't view the person's face as the latter was being towered by his men which were much taller and have a broad structure of body. The person was flanked in the middle with two guards on each side as he was walked out of the arrival gate safely, despite the swarm of the fans that were chasing and trying to reach him. As they had passed the safety zone, one of the guards caught their superior presence and immediately made a bit gap, allowing his leader to fully view the face of the said Asian's top star. 

 

The lean male and yet perfectly well proportioned, showing his faintly dimpled smile as he walking past the mass of his fans that were now shouting and calling his name from the rear side of the foyer. The flash of camera coming from some press people and fans that kept snapping his photo frantically, adding point to his striking difference and beauty. He had such a fair-pale face. His raven and jet-black fringe draped over his forehead and barely touched the dark sunglasses that hiding his beautiful his eyes . He just in a casual outfit; tight black jeans matching with a white V neck t-shirt and a knee-length boots, showing that he has the rare beauty that women crave to be or men yearn to possess. Even with the simple outfit as that, he could still stand out and easily noticeable in a crowd, glowing and eye-catching wasn't enough to describe his appearance. 

 

Yunho's step became slower before he turned froze on his spot, as his men leading the idol closer towards his direction. At the precise moment, he felt like everything around him was freeze and mute, and his eyes couldn't averted elsewhere. It wasn't because of the beauty was the sole attention at the moment, but it was because of the person is someone he know - too well. 

 

As if the latter was aware of his staring, he averted his look at him before slowly, removing his sunglasses, the smile on his face faded. Yunho felt his breath hitched as his heart seems stopped when those very familiar rounded eyes meeting his gaze. 

 

Those eyes was so mesmerizing, seemingly had the power of holding other's attention effortlessly. The latter kept walking in a steady step, eyes still locking with Yunho's until the guards brought him closer to the man.  

 

It took a moment of staring between the two males, the older one was in an expressionless face but there was a strong yearning behind those sharp eyes, while the younger one looked so calm and yet cold looking, almost made him look like an impermeable type of person. 

 

Sensing that he was led to the man purposely by the guards, he raised an eyebrow to the stunned looking man before him; who still unaware of how long he had been staring at the idol. 

 

"Do you know me?" He asked, as he had sensed the other's intense stare on him since he walked out from arrival gate.  

 

"Oh, forget it. Of course you know me, Kim Jaejoong." He said as he felt like he had just asked something stupid. Who didn't know him when his face was so famous in the country? Any product that he endorsed was sure to sell, and when he released an album, it'll immediately be ranking number one on the billboard chart in 5 minutes, and to get a ticket for his constantly sold-out concerts, fans have to go into a mouse-wars. He was an idol that has the biggest fan-base in most of  Asia countries. 

 

"So, do I know you?" He switched the question this time. The question made Yunho snapped off from his dazed state, finally. His composure and stoic look returned, hiding the sudden strong confusion that surged him at the moment. 

 

"I'm Jung Yunho, your personal bodyguard during your stay in Korea." He said calmly, able to control the jumbled emotions deep inside him. 

 

The smaller man looked at him from head to toe, seemingly eyeing him skeptically before his expression turned frigid. "I don't remember if I've requested to have one." He frowned this time. 

 

"Yes you didn't, but your management did. So, this way please. I'll you to where you will be staying from here." Yunho remained in his calmness before he turned away and lead the top star to the awaiting car outside of the airport. He opened the door for the smaller man, who looked reluctant to get in at first as his eyes still wandering around, seemingly try to find a way to escape from being guarded or followed. But it was difficult with the four men standing behind him, moreover he wasn't used to the place. Thoroughly defeated, he huffed before get into the car without making a fuss.  

 

'This going to be tough...' Yunho noted himself as he got the bad feeling. He then discarded the other guards. They bowed at him before getting into another car that was parked behind. As he get into the passenger seat, he glanced at Seulong, giving a nod to the man to start driving. 

 

Inside the car, Yunho had his eyes kept looking at the side mirror which allowed him to view the other who was sitting behind his seat. The smaller man was so quiet, just looking out the side window unblinkingly, it seemed like he was in his own world or pondering over something in a serious face. 

 

That face haven't changed a lot... it's still same. 

 

His rounded eyes... 

 

His pointy nose... 

 

His pouty lips and...  

 

That dimpled smile...  

 

Yunho's mind flew to thought of the same contagious smile that Jaejoong had flashed to his fans at the airport previously. Even it was just momentarily, before the other retreated back his smiling face when he faced him, but that simple smile had shaken Yunho in a lot of ways. It was the same smile that the little Kim Jaejoong always showed, which always made him felt annoyed, but soon he found it treated him when he was in a miserableness or desolation state back then. It slowly turned to give him some strength that he couldn't comprehend himself. 

 

"Hello, Junsu... We need to talk." 

 

Yunho's mind was pulled back to present by the voice of the idol talking on the phone with someone. There was a hint of irritation in that voice. 

 

"About what? You still wanted to asking, I thought you know clearly the reason I called you once I landed. This personal bodyguard thing... I've told you I don't need one." 

 

Yunho could tell the smaller man sounded furious as he uttered those last words through his gritted teeth, showing how much he hated to be guarded. 

 

"I know to take care of myself, Junsu! That's not important anymore and don't bring up his name in this case. If that's true, then I'll kick that guy's the next time I see him. And tell him don't ever call me again!" 

 

Yunho's eyes still locking on the side mirror, studying the man behind his seat, who had just threw his mobile phone angrily on the other side of the car. It seemed he was mad over something or maybe, someone. 

 

'That's the temper...' Yunho still eyeing the other, as he never imagined the young boy would grew up and have that kind of side too. In his mind, Kim Jaejoong was still such an adorable and cute little boy that had ever been under his care. But now... the latter looked so different and... hadn't even recognized him? 

 

Yunho snapped at the thought, he shouldn't let his mind bothered if he wanted to carry this duty without create any mishap. Indeed, he didn't expect much for the boy to remember him, since he knew what kind of condition the kid was when he handed him to his unknown father. 

 

He always thought, if their path were to cross again… if he was to see the boy again, what kind of expression he should wear? What kind of explanation he should prepare. But no matter how much you prepare, you will never be fully prepared. And now Yunho knew it was just meaningless. So, he shouldn't let himself disturbed by the past. 

 

"I'm hungry." Jaejoong suddenly muttered. 

 

"Huh?" Seulong was the one responded as he glanced on the view mirror, peeking at the beautiful male's face who continued looking out the window. 

 

"Is there any sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter