Care

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Care

*****

‘What I always did was cut you loose with harsh words. But it was helpless…without realizing it, I was actually beginning to care.’

 

“So…right now you don’t have a place to stay?”

Yunho nodded his head as Yoochun stared at him in disbelief. He hated to keep exposing a pathetic state he was currently in to others. But that was his last choice; asking a help from his friend to find a room where he could stay temporarily before he graduated.

“How could she just chase you out when you just face the loss? That heartless old lady...” Yoochun grunted under his breath, feeling resentful after heard all the things that happened on his friend.

“So, do you know any place that available to rent? It doesn’t matter how it looks as long it’s affordable and convenient for me to commute from school.” Yunho said.

Yoochun looked contemplated for seconds before he spoke up, “Hmm… just come to my house.”

“What?” Yunho looked at Yoochun with a deep frown. “No, I don’t want to inconvenience you.”

“What are you talking about? There’s no such a thing of inconvenience. Actually… my father used to open an action class near my house before. But he already quit teaching after he run a business of security service. Now, that place is empty. If there’s nothing occupy the place, it would be a waste of space. And it’s so big to be a storage room though.”

“Oh…then, how much it cost?”

“Geez…you! What use to have a friend, uh? Don’t worry about that. My father would be glad to just have that room being use at last.” Yoochun wrapped his hand around Yunho’s shoulder.

“No, I will pay the rent… you’ve already help me a lot.”

“Aish, stop being so prideful.”

“Yoochun, I hate to be indebted.”

“Okay… it’s up to you. As long as you agree to stay there and we can study together for the final then.” Yoochun said, defeated by Yunho’s willful attitude.

“Thank you, Chun…” Yunho threw his gratitude smile.

“Oh, by the way… how about your little brother? Don’t you have to send him to childcare? Is it okay if the place a little bit far from his nursery school?” Yoochun asked suddenly.

A small smile on Yunho’s face slowly fell, as another thing hit him. “It’s okay. He will start his primary school soon. So there’s no need to send him there anymore.”

“Oh, really? He’s same age as my brother then. That’s great! He can befriend with Yoohwan.” Yoochun said excitedly. “So, I’ll come to your place this afternoon to help you moving.

*

“Yunnie…are we really going to move out from this house?” The little boy asked the elder who was busy packing up their stuffs.

“Yes.” Yunho answered shortly, didn’t bother to explain in detail where they will be moving to.

The boy’s bubbly, rounded cheeks puffed up as he brought his small lips into a cute pout. He just sat obediently before Yunho while held his blue elephant plushy, watching his brother packing up all his clothes.

Yunho was still concentrated in putting all the necessary stuffs into boxes when his eyes caught a pink, flowery medium size box under the living room cabinet. He took the box out and blew the dust that covering its surface.

“What is this..?” He mumbled and was about to open the box when Jaejoong suddenly voiced out.

“Uh, it’s omma’s precious box.”

Yunho looked at the boy and back at the box in his hand. “Oh, really? You… want to keep it or I’ll just throw it.”

“No, no…Joongie will take it!” Jaejoong scooted to grab the box and held it in his arms, like it was a precious gift.

Yunho looked at the boy curiously. “Whatever…” he shrugged and continued his previous task.

Soon, a sound of a car honked outside of the house could be heard. Yunho peeked out at the window and saw Yoochun waved at him.

“Where do you get this car from?” He asked after he walked out from the house and opened the gate for Yoochun to come in.

“Oh, my father allowed me to borrow his car to help you moving out today. So, have you got ready?” Yoochun asked with a wide grinning face before his eyes caught a small head peeked out at him behind the door. He frowned before arranged his legs towards the little one.

Yunho eyed Yoochun’s sudden move curiously.

“Hey, you…must be Yunho’s little brother. What’s your name?” Yoochun asked as he walked closer to the kid and bent down a little to get a better look at the boy.

Jaejoong backed away a little, his face still half shown behind the door frame, only one of his big-wide eyes peeked at the newcomer that approached him.

“He’s not used to be approach so suddenly by someone he never seen…” Yunho explained as he stood behind Yoochun.

“Oh really?” Yoochun eyes still didn’t leave from looking at Jaejoong. He then took out a big, colorful lollipop from his pocket. “Here, for you… no need to feel shy or scare. I’m your hyung’s best friend.” He said while showed his friendly smile.

Slowly and hesitantly, Jaejoong stepped out from his shield with one hand still held his plushy, and the other took the candy from Yoochun’s hand.

“T-thank you, hyungie…” Jaejoong muttered slowly and gave a slight bow to the elder, finally revealing his full face.

Yoochun froze in his spot for a moment; eyes only stared at the little boy unblinkingly. “Gah, Yunho… your little brother is so adorably cute! Totally doesn’t look like you.”

“Yah, what’s that mean?” Yunho’s brows furrowed at his friend’s annoying comment.

“Aww…what a cute boy...” Yoochun scooted closer to Jaejoong and lightly pinched the kid’s bubbly cheek and brushing his cheeks to the boy’s. That exaggerated action unexpectedly, causing the kid to let out a cute giggle which Yunho didn’t hear for a while.

Yoochun lifted Jaejoong off the floor. “Let’s get inside… hyung will play with you.”

“Yah, put him down. Don’t you say you’re here to help me?” Yunho complained as Yoochun seemed forgotten his motive of coming after met the child. That friend of his seemed knows how to treat the kid better than him; probably due to the brother instinct that the lad had as a brother himself since long.

*****

Yunho heaved out a breath in tiredness after done carry the last box into the new place where he will live from now on. There was no more space where he could reminiscing his mother’s presence in the old kitchen, cooking his favorite dish…nor his father’s figure sitting in the living room, watching news. All those memories were already left behind, within their old shack.

Yunho looked around the huge, cozy room that was already cleaned by Yoochun family’s maid. He never thought Yoochun was actually come from a real wealthy family, since the other never once bragged about it like the majority of kids from rich family in his school did. They were all came to school by their own chauffeurs and would brought branded stuffs to school to show off. But Yoochun, would always prefer to walk back with him and never once show any slightest hint that he came from a loaded household, except, his bento… He only brought a good, expensive lunch box which he always shared it with Yunho.

“Yah, what are you thinking?” Yoochun sudden voice pulled Yunho back from his long trance. He turned at his friend who stood at the door, eyeing him.

“Huh, nothing…”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes, this is already more than enough for me.”

Yoochun put his arm around Yunho’s shoulder. “Don’t feel hesitant to ask if there’s something you need, okay. I will help if I can.”

Yunho just nodded, hoped that would stop the other from showing sympathy on him. He hated to be seen in a weak state but that at least made him realized, he still had someone that he can call as a true friend at time like this when he had just lose everything – family and a place to live.

“Oh, one more thing Yunho-ah. Tonight my dad asked you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter