Unapproachable

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unapproachable

     *****

His presence meant nothing to me... That’s what I’d thought,

Never once I thought this belief will change the further I let him stepped into my life.

 

“We’ve to take him to emergency room. But before that, get his blood pressure.” The doctor in a white long coat ordered the nurses, after he checked his patient’s pulse.  And his staffs started pushing the stretcher where the man who looked deadly pale laid on, in unconsciousness.

But then one of the nurses stopped and turned toward him back. “But doc, we still can’t get a hold of the patient’s relative to proceed with the operation.”

“What? Just contact any of his relatives. Find it in the patient’s data!”

“But there are no other names written in this patient’s report.”

The doctor was about to throw another tantrum at the clueless woman when out of nowhere came a man who looked in worry approached him.

“Can I give my liberty to just proceed with the operation?”

“Oh, who are you?”

“I…I’m his best friend. Please save him, I beg you. Please save my friend!” The guy said in a wistful voice laden with emotion.

“I’m sorry, we understand your feeling. But we need the relative to sign the form. We can’t take a risk to do the operation without the patience’s family authorization. Since the hope of this operation to save your friend’s life is very slim. You know his condition is already in critical when you brought him here.”

“But…there’s no one…” The guy mumbled while stared at his friend’s paler face that seemed got no sign of blood running into his numbed limb.

“He just…has no one.” The guy mumbled again, tears started pooling on his eyes this time. His heart weighed with woeful feeling when he thought about the man’s plight.

*****

14 years ago…

 

“Hyungie…hyungie! Wait for me!” A six years old kid scurried to approach the teenager boy, who had just put on his shoes to walk out of the house.

“What the… Yah, how many times did I tell you don’t call me hyung and don’t follow me! Go away, you twerp.” The boy said grumpily; annoyed as the kid kept pestering on him.

They were not blood related, but they became brother once the teenage boy’s father got married with a widow who has a four years old son at the time. Now, it had been two years they were living together and still, Jung Yunho, who now was already in his last year of high school couldn’t accept the presence of those two new members in his family. He just couldn’t, when each time he thought of how easily someone wanted to replace his mother’s place, and even got an annoying little boy who had always trespasses his private space and kept bugging him with his whines and childish pleas.

“But, appa said…hyungie will take Joongie to the playground this evening.” The little boy big-rounded, grey eyes twinkling with excitement.

“My father said so just to stop you from crying to follow him to his workplace this morning. I never promise such a thing with you!”

That cheery big-eyed boy turned glum, looked cheerless in instance at the answer given.

“So, stop following me!” with another prickle words said, Yunho stomped out from the house hurriedly, leaving the little boy alone in the house.

His father, a laborer was busy at the construction site during the day, while his stepmother, Kim Tae Hee had opened a restaurant near the downtown. Therefore, left with no choice, Yunho had to give in with the strict order from his father even he hated to; have to take care of the six years old Kim Jaejoong, since he was currently in his short break from school.

A long pout formed on the little boy’s tiny lip, and his big-doe like eyes started getting teary. For these past two years, he had used to his stepbrother’s harsh way of speaking, but still, he would keep approach the hotheaded teenager, as at such his callow age, there was nothing he cared about. He just eagerly wanted a playmate which could accompany him.

Even so, he could always manage to keep the happy things in his thought, no matter how down he felt at the time. He would be cheerful back in seconds, just how a child always is; not take anything to the heart. Besides, that was what his mother taught him and always reminded him with, when he wanted something that he couldn’t get; he shouldn’t keep weeping over it any longer.

*****

The little Kim Jaejoong sprawled on the carpeted floor in the living room, with his small hands stretching out above his head, and his rounded cheek glued to carpet; sign of tiredness after finished coloring almost two coloring books in hours. He was totally in boredom as there was no one to play or talk with him.

Suddenly, his stomach growled. It was almost 4 p.m and he still hadn’t eaten any lunch yet, as usually his ill-tempered stepbrother was the one who cooked, even the grumpy boy just done it because of he had to. But still Jaejoong ate it happily, as long it was edible to eat until he could get a real meal once his mother returned home.

“Ugh, Joongie hungry…hungry…hungy…” He whined while curling up on the floor with a usual small pout tugging his lips. “Hyungie, faster… come back…” He stared at the door forlornly from his laid, hoping the other would return home and cook for him like he usually did.

He couldn’t take it any longer as the seconds passed, his stomach started feels tingle in extreme hunger. Gotten up from his laid, he walked into the kitchen and started find something to eat from the kitchen’s cabinet.

Those small bubbly-cheeks of his rose up as a wide smile spreading across his cute face, eyes shone in glee upon found a pack of ramen.

“Huh, how to cook this…” He frowned hard while study the illustration of the instruction in preparing the instant food. He then smiled proudly, seemed had got a mental picture of what to do.

Grabbing a small pot from the lower cabinet, he went to the sink and climbed up the high marble counter using a chair to filling the pot with water. Once he finished fill up the pot, he settled it on the stove while still using a chair to reach the high countertop. His small hand pushed the stove’s automatic button to light a fire.

Jaejoong squatted down on the chair; chin rested on his knees with eyes stared up at the pot, waiting for the water to boiling. In minutes, he saw a water vapor visible from the surface of the pot. He smiled contentedly with the thought of the first time he was able to cook…or rather heat up something.

“Joongie can cook…” He smiled while turned off the stove and grabbed the kitchen glove to hold the pot like he had seen his mother did once, and lift it off from the stove. As he was in the process to done the work, his small legs wobbled on the chair as he attempted to move the heavy, hot pot. And before his two legs could settle down on the floor, he fell down from the chair.

“Aaargh!” he cried as a little remnant of hot water from the pot spilled over his tiny arm.

*****

“Hey, you’re not going ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter