Play

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the day for Jihyun’s Beauty and Beast play at school. Dara was having a hard time managing her time. Little Kwon’s play was scheduled to start at 3 in the afternoon and at that time she still has her last class of the day. Dara wanted to ditch so badly but her grades are at stake and her teacher will know that she was absent just by glancing at her place. Talking about being in famous in school.

Jiyong on the other hand was cancelling his schedule for the entire afternoon just to witness his little sister act. Miss Kim already cleared his afternoon and all he could do was to wait for the time to strike into 2. He wanted to be there an hour away before it starts. He doesn’t want Jihyun to worry nor be sad that nobody from her family witness her play. That girl can be sometimes wild when she gets angry.

Once in a while, Dara would sigh. THE bestfriend didn’t miss that chance. Bom frowned at her and then she witnessed again Dara sighing.

“Hey” she called out and poke her arm “Are you okay Darong?”

Dara turned to look at her and pout her lips then shook her head. “Bommie, Jihyun’s play is today at 3 pm and remember we still have classes at that time. What should I do? I already promised her last night that I’ll be there.”

Bom pondered for a bit and said, “What if you’ll ditch the last class?”

“It’s our major subject Bommie and Mrs. Song will notice me being absent.”

“I’m a great liar Dara. Don’t underestimate your bestfriend. Just go you know what; I’ll back you up” Bom smiled and patted her back.

“It will be my first time to be absent in school if ever I’ll do it BUT Bommie I can’t!” Dara groaned and sunk into her chair.

“Mr. CEO will be there?” she asked.

“Of course! For all I know right now, he cleared his entire schedule for the afternoon just to witness the one hour play of her favorite sister” Dara glanced at her and sighed for the nth time.

Bom went silent. She knew she can’t push Dara to skip class. She’s one of a hell stubborn girl when it comes to school.

Dara notice the silence Bom is giving her. She stared at her and raised her brow. “No more suggestions Bommie?” she asked.

“Why don’t you text Mr. CEO that you can’t come because you still have classes?” Bom suggested.

“Then what? He’ll come here and pick me up then excuse me to class and you’ll spazz to death in your seat?” Dara made a face as she imagined what will be the outcome of that.

“Exactly Darong!” Bom shrieked.

“No, I won’t do that Bom. It’s humiliating. You don’t know how I reacted when Jiyong is around or near me” she shook her head.

“Oh” and there goes Bom’s teasing voice. “Thumping of heart eh?”

“Worst”

“Thumping of heart, shaking of knees, trembling of lips, hitching of breath, lack of oxygen, speechless, what else Darong?” Bom had her wide smile on her lips.

Dara couldn’t help but smile. “How about life and death, you know 50-50?”

Bom laughed and slapped her arm. “Aigoo and you tell me that you only have a crush on him? You’re in the advance level Sandara Park. It’s not infatuation anymore, it’s LOVE!”

“Whatever you say Park Bom” she rolled her eyes at her bestfriend and shifted her position on her chair.

It’s already 11 am but their teacher has not yet arrived. Her classmates were having a chit-chat. Bom was busy with her phone, probably texting her boyfriend. She was doodling on her notebook and her mind, at the same time, was wandering somewhere in planet of aliens.

What if I’ll follow Bom’s suggestion? She asked herself.

“Just text her Darong” Bom whispered at her. Dara tilted her head at her right but Bom was feigning innocence by typing on her phone.

“You’re so tempting Bommie” she said and shook her head.

Bom paused from typing and looked at her, “Just text him Dara, I know how badly you wanted to do it right now.”

Dara fell silent. I think I’ll just text me after all he has a rule about texting him. It’s his right to know if I can or cannot make it to the play this afternoon. She pondered.

“I’ll text him” she announced and Bom with her eyes still on her phone smiled.

“Good” she said.

 

From: Dara

To: Jiyong

Jiyong, I’m so, so, sorry but I can’t come to Jihyun’s play. I still have a class at that time and I have no guts to ditched class. I’m really sorry.

 

She re-read her message and stared at the sad face she put at the last part. Is my emoticon necessary? She wanted to delete it but hit send instead.

Few seconds later her phone beeped. Wow he can type fast! Bewildered, she opened the message.

 

From: Jiyong

To: Dara

I’ll fetch you there. If you don’t have courage, I’ll do it instead.

 

She stared at the text. You go girl! Her subconscious happily cheered.

“Ermagerd!” she clamped with her hand.

“He’ll come here, am I right Dara?” Bom grinned and winked at her.

Dara was speechless. She nodded at Bom and the latter giggled.

“Great! I can see your future husband again!” Bom clapped her hands.

“I hate you” she grumbled and stared at his message again. She realized she needed to hit a reply remembering the time when she didn’t reply him and he got angry a little at her.

 

From: Dara

To: Jiyong

But Jiyong you’ll just waste your time. I know Jihyun will understand. I will make it up to her next time.

 

Again, Jiyong replied fast. She received a message from him.

 

From: Jiyong

To: Dara

You promised to her. You will make it up to her next time. When? Next year?

 

Dara frowned at the reply. Of course I will make it up to her tonight. Why would he think I will do it next year?

She was about to type a reply but her phone rang that made her eyes widened. Bom laughed beside her seeing her shocked expression.

With a trembling hand, she pressed the ‘answer’ button. “Hello … Jiyong?”

“Dara, you will go to the play with me. Don’t argue anymore. I will fetch you there and excuse you in your major class.” Jiyong said as soon as he heard Dara answered.

“How did you kn

Please log in to read the full chapter