Unforgettable Moment

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The next morning, Dara tried her best to ignore the butterflies forming inside her stomach in this early morning. In her knee-length floral dress with her hair braided sideways, she went out of her room and help Ahjumma Lee in the kitchen. Once in a while, she would glance on the staircase for any sign of the man she kissed with last night.

Ahjumma Lee noticed her. “Are you okay Dara?”

“Huh?” she glanced at the older woman across her. “Ah, neh! I’m okay ahjumma, don’t mind me.”

“You better be darling” and then ahjumma left her on the table.

Soon she rose upstairs to fetch Jihyun in her room. She stopped on her tracks right on that same staircase where the second kiss happened and a foolish smile crept up on her lips.

“Aaack! Stop thinking!” she patted her cheeks and continued on her tracks towards Jihyun’s room. Right when she was about to turn the knob, the door beside her opened revealing the most handsome creature she laid eyes on.

Damn!

Dara was taken aback, slightly, by his sudden presence. Moreover, she can’t look at him in the eyes.

We kissed!

“Hmm … good morning Dara” he greeted at her and smiled.

For almost a millisecond, she had a heart attack. “G-good morning to you too Jiyong.” She swallowed and proceeded to Jihyun’s room. Once inside, she heaved a sigh of relief. “Hoo!”

Jiyong, tying his neck tie, chuckled at her reaction (well, he somewhat expected that to happen). “Babo Dara”

Jihyun blinked at her unnie who seems she had just escaped from a dragon’s cave. “Err … unnie?”

Dara even her rapid breathing and smiled at the little girl in front of her. “Good morning baby!” She chirped happily.

“Are you alright?”

She leveled with Jihyun and patted her cheeks. “Of course honey, unnie’s fine. Why?”

“Because you seemed in a hurry a while ago unnie” Jihyun reasoned out cutely.

“Oh that? Ahehehehe” she chuckled to herself involuntarily and rubbed her nape. “That’s because I wanted to fetch you on time!” she mumbled whatever.

The little Kwon ran up to her and pecked her cheeks and held her hand. “Then let’s go unnie. I’m already hungry too!”

Dara swallowed another lump when she knew that she will see Mr. CEO downstairs, like right beside her.

When they reached the table, Ahjumma Lee was already done with the preparation and Jiyong was already in his place sipping his coffee with a newspaper on his other hand. He looked up when he sensed their presence.

“Hello good morning cutie pie~” he cooed and scooped Jihyun on his arms, laid her on his lap.

“Same to you handsome oppa!” the little girl chirped.

He chuckled and pecked her cheeks. “Is oppa handsome today baby?”

“Of course! Oppa is always handsome every day, right unnie?”

And the attention was now on her. Dara’s eyes widened a bit and smiled sheepishly at the two people staring at her waiting for her to answer that damn question. “Yeah, you’re right baby.” She nodded her head and looked anywhere but Jiyong.

A tug of smile hinted on his lips. He put Jihyun down and Dara lifted her up to her sit. “Eat now baby, what do you want?”

Jihyun shook her head. “Unnie, I got this.” She grabbed her fork and chose her food on her own.

Dara smiled and patted her head, “You’re becoming a little lady now, aren’t you?”

Instead of answering her, Jihyun smiled cheekily at her and at Jiyong.

 

 

 

“Unnie, have you ever signed a slambook?” Jihyun asked out of nowhere. They were inside of Jiyong’s Audi, silently caught up in their own world when she asked it to her.

“Eh? Ah, slambook? Yeah of course I had signed twice, I think honey. Why?” she answered and Jiyong glanced at them through the rearview mirror.

“My classmate gave me one yesterday and I told her that unnie will be the first one to answer this” she explained.

“Me?” Dara pointed herself and Jiyong almost laughed at her.

“Yes and I will ask you right now unnie, okay?” But of course, she can’t say no to this adorable girl much more that the older brother is here.

“If you say so baby” she acquiesced. Jihyun immediately got her slambook from her bag and flip to the second page.

While on the car, Dara and Jihyun, like a mother and daughter, were interacting with each other for the said slambook. Jiyong was just listening to them. When Jihyun laughed at the distress Dara, he couldn’t help but to smile. Oh what a good music it is to his ears.

“What is love unnie?”

 

 

 D A R A’s POV

 

“What is love unnie?” Jihyun suddenly asked the question I was trying to skip. Dang! This is so embarrassing! Why must we answer this slambook when Jiyong is here? Gaaaah!

“Uhmm …” okay, I don’t know what to answer that. What should I say?

Love is blind …? LOL WHAT?!

No way. That’s not a good answer.

Love is like a rosary full of mystery …? NO WAY I AM GOING TO SAY THAT!

“Unnie …?”

“Oh wait baby, let me think first.”

This kid is sometimes persistent and overly excited. I can’t think right when some man is here Kwon Jihyun!

When I peek at the rearview mirror, he is staring at me. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

“Love is … a choice ….?” I say. Okay whatever! At least it isn’t as embarrassing as ‘Love is blind’.

Jihyun scribbles my answer on the notebook. “Next unnie! Who is your crush?”

CAN I NOT?!

OMG!

NO!

WAY!

THAT’S!

TOO!

REVEALING!

UGH!

JIHYUN!

CAN WE STOPPPP???!!!

I didn’t answer anymore. Now tell me people, how can I answer that when my crush is there? I can’t right? Aigoo this kid! Why can’t we answer this slambook in somewhere private?

“Baby” Jiyong calls her and this little girl beside me beams at him, “you can continue the answering of the slambook at home.”

“But oppa!” she whines.

“Your unnie can’t answer that question since I am here” he says.

MWUH?

I glance at him and he … smirks?! At me?!

“Why is that?” Jihyun asks while pouting.

“Because …” he glances at me through the mirror while wearing those mischievous eyes of his. I can sense the falling of Sandara Park~~~!!! Ugh!

“Because what oppa?”

Why must Jihyun so curious today??

“Because … I am your unnie’s crush.”

MWORAGO?!!!!

WHAT DID HE SAY?!

HOMYGO-

NO!!!

“Really oppa?” Jihyun’s eyes are sparkling while Jiyong nods his head at her and grins.

“Is that true unnie?” she then turn to me.

“Of course not baby” I reply instantly …. LIIIEEESS!! Of course he’s my crush … wait, how does he know it? Can he, by any chance, a mind reader? OMG, no way!

“Then who is your crush unnie?”

Kwon Jiyong is my crush.

But no, I can’t say that. It’s just the same as surrendering to an invader.

The car stops. Ughs! Jiyong will most probably turn around and waits for my answer.

“No one baby … but if an actor counts, then Lee Min Ho it is!”

“Okay Min Ho ahjussi then.”

Oh, how could this girl call Min Ho an ahjussi!?

Jiyong laughs as he hears his sister calling my all time favorite actor an ahjussi. These two are really siblings!

“Last question unnie, then will stop for now” Jihyun runs her pen on the questions.

She then smiles when she chose a random question from the notebook.

“What is it baby?”

“The unforgettable moment in your life unnie?”

“WE’RE HERE!!” I announce as I see Jihyun’s school. Hoo! Life saver! Why thank you!

I heard Jiyong chuckling in front.

“Let’s go down baby” I got out first with the backpack in my hand and Jihyun follows suit. Her teacher greets us in front and I hand her the bag and kisses her goodbye. I waited for Jihyun to get inside her school before I’ll go inside the car.

Soon, she was nowhere to be seen and so, with a deep sigh I turn around walking towards the shining Silver Audi of Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Since we’re the only one left, I sit in front beside him with my bag on my lap. I buckle my seatbelt and try to comfort my growing nervous self.

“Let’s go Jiyong.”

…..

…..

…..

Silencio.

Crickets.

Crickets.

Silence.

“So Dara” finally a conversation! Jiyong glances at me shortly and averted his gaze back on the road, “what’s the unforgettable moment in your life?”

GAAAAAAAAAAAH! Can this time go faster? I want to arrive in our school ASAP.

“Jiyonggg~~~ You too?” I narrow my eyes at him, scrunching my eye brows.

“What?!” There’s a hint of enjoyment in his tone.

“Do we really need to continue that horror slambook?”

“Well, you just have to answer that question though and because I want to know too!” He reaso

Please log in to read the full chapter