Always and for a Lifetime

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jihyun-ah, are you done in there?” Jiyong called out as he was fixing Jisan’s clothes. The door of their room was ajar so that the little girl could hear him.

There was a shuffling at the hallway before Jihyun appeared inside the room. “Yes, I am ready, oppa. How about you, Jisannie?”

The two-year-old Jisan looked at his aunt and nodded his head with a cheeky smile.

Jiyong smiled at his son’s cute antics. “Jihyun-ah, are the flowers ready?”

“Yes, oppa. Ahjumma told me she placed it in the coffee table downstairs.”

“All right. Then let’s go now. Hold appa’s hand, Jisan-ah,” he extended his hand and the little boy held it tightly. “Your eomma’s waiting for us already.”

As they were walking down the stairs, Jisan suddenly stopped and tugged his father’s hand. “Appa,” he called out with a croaky voice.

Jiyong looked down at him and his mental siren suddenly went off. Jisan was already teary-eyed, and he didn’t know what happened.

“Yes, son?”

Jisan made a face. A face Jiyong knew so well that means he is ready to burst out crying. “Appa . . . my T-Rex,” he said softly and sniffed. “I want my T-Rex.”

As soon as he heard what he needed, Jiyong let out a sigh of relief. Just his T-Rex toy. He carried him in his arms and walked back to their room. His son let out a squeal when Jiyong let him down.

Jisan gathered three kinds of dinosaur toys in his arms and giggled. “T-Rex, raptor, and T-Rex.” He stomped his feet and looked up at his father. “Appa kaja~ kkkk.”

“Kaja, my little Kwon,” Jiyong grinned at him and carried him back in his arms. “Your mother would be so proud of you, Jisannie.”

 

When Jiyong finished settling Jisan at the backseat of the car beside Jihyun, Jisan suddenly announced something which drained the bright energy in his father’s face.

“Poop, poop, poop.”

Jihyun burst out laughing as she heard her nephew. “Oppa, Jisannie is pooping.”

Jiyong blinked for a moment and mentally cried. He went out of the driver’s seat and took out Jisan from his baby seat. This was always his daily horror -- when Jisan is pooping.

They went back inside the house and stumbled upon Ahjumma Lee cleaning the kitchen.

“Jiyong, what are you guys still doing here?”

“This little guy right here always had a perfect timing to announce he pooped,” he said, stifling his chuckle.

Ahjumma Lee laughed and put down the towel she was holding. “Hand Jisan over and I’ll clean him. You look stressed already, Jiyong-ah,” she said and extend her arms to him to take Jisan from his father.

“It’s okay, Ahjumma, I can do it. You can just rest.”

“Jiyong, it’s fine. Let me clean this little man right here.”

He nodded. “Thank you so much, Ahjumma.” He went to the sofa and slumped down. “If only Dara is here right now,” he said to himself.

 

 

 

 

In the emergency room, the medical team was giving Dara a blood transfusion when suddenly the flatline sound resonated the premise. The doctor and nurses momentarily freeze and stare at the machine which shows a flat line of Dara’s heart rate. Doctor Yang stopped the transfusion and asked for the defibrillator right away. As he was resuscitating her, he was talking to her.

“Dara, do not give up. Hold on right there. Your son is with us now. He is warmly welcomed in this world, so don’t you dare leave us here. Don’t leave him here. You’re family is praying for your safety. Please come back, Mrs. Kwon.”

But the sound continued ringing in the room.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong, Jihyun, and Jisan arrived at the venue. He was holding Jisan in his arms as they walk inside. Jihyun on the other hand was clutching the bouquet of flowers in her arms.

“Are you excited to see eomma, Jisannie?” Jiyong asked, and the little boy nodded his head, too occupied by his toys to answer his father. He ruffled his hair softly and kissed his cheek. “I’m pretty sure eomma will be very happy to see us three.”

“Oppa, is my dress okay?” Jihyun asked as they continue to walk down the hall.

Jiyong glanced at his sister and smiled. “Your dress is okay, Jihyunnie, and you look beautiful.”

She grinned at him and smoothed the plastic wrapper of the bouquet. “Unnie will really love these flowers,” she said softly and giggled. “But why is it so far, oppa?”

“Aigoo, another impatient little one I have here hmm?” Jiyong chuckled, “we’re almost there, Jihyun.”

 

 

 

 

The doctor keeps on reviving her, and he instructed the other nurse to get another bags of blood. Without further instruction, the nurse sprinted outside. He was crowded by her family, but he shook his head. “I’m sorry. I can’t answer any of your questions. It’s an emergency.”

As soon as Jiyong heard the word emergency, he felt more scared on what might happen to Dara. What is happening to Dara. It took a few minutes for the nurse to run back inside the emergency room.

The doctor instructed his assistant to increase the voltage of the defibrillator. After it hits Dara’s chest for a couple of times, the flatline sound was replaced by the beeping sound. Dara’s heart rate started picking up its pace. Her heart started beating again.

“Oh thanks God,” the doctor couldn’t help but exclaimed softly. “Okay, now let’s continue her blood transfusion.”

 

Half an hour later, the doctor walked out of the emergency room.

“How is she?” Jiyong asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter