Meeting him again

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

 

Ahem. Today’s the day! The meeting of my hubby, ha! Silly Dara, you’re getting paranoid already. You need to get a grip, alright?

Alright!

What should I wear? Should I put on a businesslike dress or just casual clothes? Argh! I never thought picking up the ‘right’ clothes is tiring. I surrender and roll on my bed. What to doooooo? It’s almost 9:30! Gaaah!

Then my phone rings. Bom!

“Bommieeeee~”

“Darong!! You have another 30 minutes before 10, what are you doing there??!!” her voice is so loud that I need to distance my poor ear from the phone.

“I have a problem, Bommie” I whine. Yes, a BIG problem indeed.

“What is it?” her voice softens. That’s my special weapon – ‘I have a problem, Bommie’ – she will really give up from her nagging, all hands up. My best friend!

“I don’t know what to wear” I glance at the pile of clothes and pouted.

“Oh Dara” she says. I can see her rubbing her temple with her eyes closed right now; that’s her usual thing to me.

“Help me please?” I plead.

“Arrasso!”

 

I am on my way now to Mr. Kwon’s company. Bom picked the halter dress she gave me a year ago and a skyscraper heels. Darn her! I don’t know what’s on her mind when she told me a while ago to wear this monster heels not to mention the halter dress.  Did she really think I will have a date with Mr. Kwon today?

Aigoo~

I wonder what will his reaction when he sees my attire today. Aaah! Well, I guess I should do an impromptu lie. Good!

“Miss we’re here” the cab driver informs me. I look out the window and bang we’re already here. Why do I feel like we arrive so fast or is it in my mind? After I pay the driver, I exhale a fistful of air as I stand before the building; then glance at the top part of the building. That’s his office!

I comb my hair once more and arrange my dress before I start to walk. I almost trip over thanks to the handle bars of the door. Damn this monster heel! Bom, I’ll get you later, grrr.

A lady in her late twenties welcomes me as I enter inside.

“Miss Sandara Park?” she smiles at me. How does she know me? Waa! Amazing!

“Yes, that’s me” hiding my confusion, I smile back at her.

“I guess Mr. Kwon has an appointment to you” she says as she guides me towards the first elevator that will lead us to his office.

He has an appointment to me?

No, I am the one who has an appointment to him.

Wow. Is that what he thinks? Gaaaah!

Both of us are already inside the elevator and silence covers us … or not.

The lady turns around to face me and I can see the twinkle in her eyes. “I’m sorry for invading your privacy but I just can’t help myself to ask you” she smiles apologetically and continues “Are you Mr. Kwon’s girlfriend?” she asks.

I’m sure if I am drinking my coffee right now, I am already choking to death.

WHAAAAAT?

I need to get out of this building and squeal my lungs out. Kyaaaaa! I guess, I don’t need to strangle Bom’s neck but thanks her instead. Why did she think of that? Wow. Maybe because of my attire today or she really sees me as her girlfriend? Go Dara!

As much as I wish to become his girlfriend, I know I won’t be. The lady is still facing me and I smile at her, almost apologetically, and say, “No, I’m not Mr. Kwon’s girlfriend. I’m here for business.”

Her expression falls. “Oh, I thought you are the one.”

Curiosity gets the best of me and so I ask, “Why did you think of it by the way?” I’m trying to sound as calm and as friendly as ever, trying not to mirror the giddiness building up inside me.

“Because it’s the first time he has an appointment to someone not even other businessmen” she waves her hand in the air trying to let me picture the hundreds of business tycoons having an appointment to him. Then she continues, “You see, I am his PA for almost 3 years and I haven’t witness him cancelling his entire schedule starting this 10 down in the afternoon. It’s a first for me Miss Park, that’s why I thought you’re his lover” she smiles at me again.

I don’t know why but I feel comfortable in talking to her. I like her already.

The elevator dings and we go out at the same time almost bumping our bodies.

“You know Miss …” I don’t know her name yet and we are already talking like we’re friends. Bad Dara!

“Miss Kim” she replies.

“You know Miss Kim, the reason I am in here is because Mr. Kwon needs a babysitter for her little sister and I am here for that” I say and I am taken aback by her reaction – rounded eyes while looking at me from head to toe – and I want to explain to her the reason of this attire.

“How …?” she is lost for words and keeps on glancing at my clothes.

I can’t help but to chuckle. “I am in need of a job Miss Kim and I want to grab this opportunity. I am also a fond for little kids; maybe that’s one of the reasons too.” I explain and continue “And regarding my attire today, I’m sorry I give you wrong impression of me I have a date today so I just wear this already.”

We are walking to the last hallway and from our distance I can see Mr. Kwon’s door to his office. I’m starting to feel nervous. Why, I don’t know!

“I’m sorry; I thought you don’t have a boyfriend. That’s so silly of me to think of that” she says as she looks at me.

Damn Dara, you got the wrong choice of lie. Think!

“No, no, you’re wrong Miss Kim. It’s a bestfriend date, you know girl talk.” Why am I explaining her too much? Gooosh!

I can see her expression brightens. Relief is all over her countenance.

Wait, what?

Relief?

It’s just your imagination Dara.

When I glance at her, she is walking with all smiles and a nod in her head. Then that’s the time I feel another pair of eyes looking at us. Is it Mr. Kwon already? Umma!!

I don’t know why but I can’t look ahead of us. No, I just can’t!!! Appa!!

Miss Kim stops in her

Please log in to read the full chapter