Little to Big

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Finally! I have finished all my papers and submitted it already to my professors. A breather after a thunderstorm in my brain. This deserve a little celebration! Maybe Jihyun and I could eat a tub of ice cream tonight or a little cake for the both of us. She can stay a little longer tonight because it's Friday and her brother allows her to stay longer but not past ten only on Friday and Saturday nights. Hmm double dutch ice cream here we come!

 

As soon as I am done in school, I quickly packed my things and goes to the supermarket to buy some yummy ice cream. I chose the double dutch ice cream which I was craving this morning. I took out my bills and pay for it before hailing a cab on the way home. It was quiet, as always, when I arrived home. Jihyun is probably in her room playing or perhaps sleeping from too much exhaustion in school. I changed my clothes to sweatpants and shirt, and walked upstairs to fetch Jihyun. Indeed she was inside playing with her dolls.

 

“Good afternoon baby, unnie is here now!” I merrily greeted her and sat at the edge of her bed.

“UNNIE!!!” She squealed in delight and threw her arms around me. “I missed you today~”

Squeezing her gently in my arms, I smiled. “I missed you too baby girl.” She pulled away and smiled cheekily at me. “Have you been a good girl in school?” I asked softly.

Jihyun nodded her head. “I am always a good girl everyday unnie!”

I scooped her in my arms and brought her to the living room. I already prepared a movie for us to watch while eating our ice cream.

“Then I guess our little girl deserves a sweet treat from unnie today!!”

She squealed again and grins widely. “What is it?! What is it?!”

I raised a finger to her and got up to take the tub of ice cream from the fridge. “Ta-dah!! Double Dutch ice cream for Jihyun and Dara unnie!”

 

She hopped onto the couch, plopping herself beside me as I helped her with her spoon. We don't need to get a glass or a bowl for our ice cream because we have to eat it from the tub. Seeing her so happy as she let the ice cream melt in , I didn't regret buying this for both of us because even in the shortest time, we forgot that Jiyong isn't here with us tonight. The little Kwon was happily watching a new princess series show with chocolates on both sides of her lips. This sight made me smile. Aigoo.

We were in the middle of the show when I hear a cough. At first I thought it was Ahjumma Lee having a cold or the driver but as soon as I focus my ears on that specific sound, it became familiar to me.

 

Isn't that Jiyong's voice?

 

Is he at home? Jihyun could have told me when I arrived if she knew, right? Or maybe I'm just hearing things. I shrugged off the thought of it and focused back on the show.

 

Cough.

 

Again the cough! I glanced at Jihyun aand she looked up at me at the same time. I was about to asked her to confirm what I hear but she beat me to it.

“Unnie isn't that oppa's voice?” her eyes were twinkling in wonder. I know I just see a flicker of hope and happiness in there.

 

Instead of answering her, I glanced back at the sound of the door opening from his study. My heart was beating inside my rib cage, eager to know that he is home and I can finally see him. He can finally hang out with us! Hope surged inside and I am pretty sure that my eyes were very hopeful to the thought of him at home. I even heard Jihyun whispered to me that it is indeed her oppa.

 

But as soon as I hear the door closed again, I heard his footsteps walking with a clanking of heels mixed in the air. Heels? Oh? I didn't hear their voices yet and I knew that they will be visible in our eyes in a matter of seconds. Jihyun went back on watching the show and she tugged on my arm asking for water. I got up from my seat to fetched her bottled water.

 

“I hope tomorrow will be very successful for both of us.”

“I'm pretty sure it will be a hit!”

“Hopefully.”

 

I heard their voices from the kitchen. Jiyong's voice. A smile crept up on my lips upon hearing him. Oh gosh, how much I missed him!! I went back to Jihyun holding the bottle in my hand when I saw the girl. She was wearing a beige pencil skirt topped with a white sleeveless; she was holding her black cardigan on her arms. And Jiyong … well Jiyong … he was wearing his usual work attire, black suit and pants with white inner sleeve and plain white sneakers. Neither of them saw me standing near the couch I was once sitting with Jihyun. The lady with her hair drawn to her left shoulder hugged Jiyong tightly, almost squeezing herself in his arms. He wrapped his arms around her too, hugging her back. She whispered something to him and he nodded with a smile. Then I heard her giggling.

 

I stared at them like I was watching a movie unveiling a love story of the main character in front of my eyes. Isn't that love story makes the audience feel giddy for them? I surely am not!

Please log in to read the full chapter