Growing fond

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

For the past few days, after the jealousy incident, Junki tried his best to ask Dara out even if he knew that someone owned her already or she has a boyfriend already. On the other hand, Jiyong was very keen in observing this Lee Junki guy that he hired some spy to follow him and to get as much information as he needed for background checking. It was a bright Wednesday morning when Jiyong was busy doing his usual work in his last floor office when his hired spy arrived.

“Mr. Kwon” the spy greeted and bowed.

He nodded at him with regards and looked up at him, indicating he was waiting for him to report whatever information he have with him.

“What Miss Park has told you, this guy is her long time childhood friend in her hometown, Busan. They were friends since they were very young and both their parents knew each other. She regarded him as her older brother and bestfriend at the same time. This guy was always by her side not until they part ways since he went to university to pursue his education. The time that they met few days ago, that was the first time they reunited after how many years.” Mr. Spy disseminated the information he gather for the first half of the day.

Jiyong kept on nodding his head at every fact he received from Mr. Spy. “Anything else?”

There was a short pause before Mr. Spy talked again. “It may not be as big information as those I mention but I think I just need to tell you this sir; both their parents, way back 6 years ago, agreed that both of their children must marry each other.”

His intestines started to twist inside upon hearing the latest information. His brows rose and he couldn’t help but to feel the light pain in his left chest. “What did you say? Come again?”

“Both their parents, their mothers to be exact agreed that Miss Park and Junki must marry each other. But it was under two conditions: one, both Miss Park and Junki must not know the agreement until their mother will tell it to them personally; two, the marriage will come up after both of them are stable and settled in their own jobs in short sir, if they are financially stable already. I think that’s all I’ve come up this morning Mr. Kwon.”

“Okay thank you Jimin” he said and Mr. Spy, aka Jimin, left as if that’s his cue to disperse from his sight.

Marriage?

Oh how he hated that word right now; it must be his number one on the most hated word of today. He ceased on working and pondered over what Jimin just told him a while ago. Maybe, that Junki guy has feelings for her Dara since aside from being evident it to the eyes of other people how he was head over heels with her, there is a possibility that he grew feelings for her because they’ve been friends since birth or so and they’ve seen each other grow and changed.

Unconsciously he threw the ball pen he was playing with his fingers to the door and the poor thing broke. He was near in crumpling all the paper that was on his table but instead of doing it, he leaned back on his chair and rubbed his temple.

Suddenly, the voice that he longed to hear since she left this morning to school resonated in his room and the pain that built inside his chest started to ebb away.

“I just arrived from school Jiyong” she informed him “I thought I’ll just relay this message to you personally since my phone is out of battery.”

He rose from his seat and walked towards her; upon reaching he instantly pulled her to him and hugged her tight. “I’m so glad you are here already, love.”

Dara was getting used with his endearment for her – ‘love’. The way it rolled in his tongue and the way his lips moved as he said that word seemed to be y and perfect to her. For her, the new endearment is sweeter than ‘babe’, because for her ‘babe’ is widely used by other people in the whole South Korea and even around the world that caused it not to be sweeter.

“Why? What’s wrong? Are you not feeling okay?” She asked worriedly.

She felt him shaking his head. “No, I am perfectly fine. I am just glad you are here already. I’ve been longing to hear your voice” he said.

She felt the sudden change of Jiyong since the day he told her that he was jealous. He seemed like he turned i

Please log in to read the full chapter