Job offer

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

All third year development communication students were all busy preparing for their OJT or On the Job Training. Mrs. Song gave the lists of all possible company for their training; it was posted on their bulletin board and students were crowding the area.

Dara and Bom, of course, were clinging to each other’s arm and waited for the crowds to disperse. They were planning to go to the same company so that they’ll be together and they wanted the company to be known.

Bom nudged Dara as a thought came to her mind. “Do you think Kwon Telecommunication Inc. is there on the list?”

Her question made Dara ponder for a bit. She didn’t think of that possibility, yet. What if Jiyong knows about their OJT? She’s sure that he knows every bit of her school schedule. What if there is his company on the list and she will not choose it, what will be his reaction?

The crowd of students died down bit by bit; there are still few lingering on the bulletin board but both girls can see the lists now. The list was long and Dara started to scan the company names one by one. She stopped on what she’s doing when someone called her attention.

“Excuse me Dara” one of her classmates tapped her arm. “Isn’t this Mr. Kwon’s company?” she asked and pointed the paper with the name of her boss’ company. She followed her classmate’s finger and she confirmed that Jiyong’s company is really on the list.

She glanced at her classmate and nodded her head. “Yes that’s Jiyong’s company” she smiled and went back on scanning the lists.

Beside her, Bom giggled. She looked at her and narrowed her eyes. “What?”

Bom shrugged and smiled at herself. “Nothing, it’s just that you’re so comfortable when you say Mr. CEO’s name. Are you that close, hmm?” she and only received the rolling of Dara’s eyes.

Her bestfriend kept on pestering her about their closeness and she tried to pass it on her other ear. She clamped Bom’s mouth when a new group of her classmates arrived at the area. She didn’t want to make some ruckus in here. They were already the topic of the school when Jiyong went to find her and she didn’t want it to become worst. Jiyong’s life is private and no one needs to know it … but her.

After she finished scanning the lists, she pulled Bom to the side.

“Do you know where should we apply Bommie?” Dara asked and looked at her friend.

Bom grinned widely and Dara became nervous at what is she planning to say. “Darong” she cooed and played with the hem of Dara’s blouse.

“I’m scared at what you will say” Dara remarked and Bom’s grinned widens more.

“I’ve already picked our company and I know that you will be happy with it” Bom said and she didn’t miss the frowning of Dara’s face. “It will be Kwon Telecommunication Inc.!!!” She opened her arms wide in the air.

Dara’s right; her bestfriend really planned on applying Jiyong’s company without any second thought. Gaah!

“Bommie no” Dara shook her head at her.

“Why?”

“Just no.”

“Tell me the reason first and I will think about it again” Bom huffed and crossed her arms on her chest.

Dara sighed. “You don’t understand Bommie. If we will apply in Jiyong’s company, everyone would think that the reason we were casted in is because Jiyong knows me and vice versa. We should stay away from bad talks Bom.” She explained.

“It’s none of their business Dara. If we’ll get in, it’s because we work hard for it. Don’t mind the gossip of the people. We need this in order we can graduate next year!”

“If that’s your stand Bommie, then go for it” she said and smiled at her sulking bestfriend “but I won’t apply in Jiyong’s company. I will find another company that doesn’t have a link with me.”

“Dara” Bom whined but she knew it will fell on the deaf ears of her.

“No, Park Bom; your stand and my stand.” There was finality in her voice and Bom could not argue anymore.

 

 

 

“Baby, do you have any assignments to answer?” Dara asked Jihyun as they were seated at her bed.

Jihyun, who was busy playing, looked up at her and smiled. “Yes I have unnie but I already finished answering it.”

Dara ruffled her hair and smiled. “Why don’t you like unnie to help, baby?”

“Because Jiyong oppa said that this week unnie is very busy and if I know how to do my assignments, I will just answer it and if I need any help and oppa’s not her that’s the time I will ask for your help unnie” Jihyun explained slowly.

She was touched. She knew Jiyong knows her schedule but this, she didn’t know it. She opened her arms for her to hug her and the little girl did.

“Aww, that’s so sweet of you baby. Gomawo” she said and hugged the little Kwon.

And he’s so sweet too. She added inwardly and she could feel her cheeks warming up.

She pinched Jihyun’s cheeks and patted her head. “Baby we should go downstairs, Ahjumma Lee is probably done with our

Please log in to read the full chapter