Changes

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

 

Jiyong made up the time he was away from us three—Jihyun, little Kwon, and I. He went home early for us. In a weird sense, he became a better man. Yes, he was still a good man when he was very busy; it’s just that he was indeed busy. Whenever I see him at home, I feel so happy. I became so at ease and stress-free whenever I see the CEO’s face. My CEO.

If I tell to Bom that I forgave him easily, she will surely pull out all of my hair. Because she said that I should not, and I should let him suffer. But I can’t. I planned on making him suffer for a bit, but I don’t know what happened. Seeing him crying back in Busan while caressing my tummy took all the disappointment at him away and I forgave him. It gave me a thought that I wouldn’t be happy on my pregnancy if I won’t give a chance to the father of my baby. Because the root of a fulfilling life is being happy.

The little Kwon in my womb told me to forgive his father. The little Kwon bound us together to be a happy family. The little Kwon is the bundle of joy that taught me about unconditional love for her and for her father.

Or him.

Ugh. Jiyong makes me crazy. He thinks that little Kwon is a “he”. NO. Our baby is a she. I’m going to fight him. Hmmph. I mean I wanted a baby girl, but if God will give us a boy, of course I will love him unconditionally too. But my motherly instincts told me that it is a girl AND Jiyong wouldn’t believe me and wouldn’t have any of my “motherly instincts”.

 

“I swear, Jiyong, if you keep on fighting me about my baby girl, I will be mad at you!”

He laughed amusingly at me.

“Stop laughing. BE SERIOUS!” I harrumphed and crossed my arms on my chest.

He cleared his throat and scooted closer to me on the bed. “My baby girl,” he said while emphasizing it, “don’t be mad at your hubby. Baby Kwon will feel it you know.” Jiyong caressed my tummy again with a cheeky smile on his lips.

“You keep on fighting me with the gender!”

“Oh, come on, babe,” he laughed again.

“What?!” I pouted.

“I love you.”

“Hmm . . . I love you too,” I smiled and bit his cheek.

“Mrs. Kwon!”

“I’m innocent~” I said, giggling.

“You are so not,” he countered and lifted my blouse so he could caress my tummy again without the clothes as a blocker.

I looked at him as he slowly lay down on my lap and kissed my tummy. “Hello, my little one. How are you doing?”

I unconsciously ran my fingers through his hair and massaged his scalp. “I’m doing good, appa~ Eomma takes good care of me!”

Jiyong smiled and looked up at me. “Thank you for this amazing gift, Dee. Seeing you every day with your slim tummy changing gives great joy in me. I love you and the baby so much. Please take good care every day, hmm?”

I nodded at him with a smile. “Of course, Jiyong. This is the most precious and important thing that I have to take good care of. Our little baby, our little Kwon.”

He got up and settled beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist. “This year is full of blessings for me and for us, babe. In few months, you’ll be graduating. In less than nine months, our baby will be born,” he said and held my hand. “And in between those events, after you graduate, we will surely get married for real. You in a beautiful white gown. You walking down the aisle. You and me at the altar exchanging our vows. You and me being one officially. Most of all, you becoming a Mrs. Kwon Sandara officially.”

“Did you know that those plans should be a surprise for me? You shouldn’t have said about the time we will get married because, Mr. Kwon, you have to propose to me, you know!”

He gasped. “I still have to?”

I whipped my head at him with a glare in my eyes. “Yah!”

“I’m just kidding, Dee. Oh gosh, you’re becoming so scary!” He laughed.

“And you’re becoming mean!”

“I love you.”

“Hmmph!”

 

 

The next morning, when Dara patted the space beside her, Jiyong was not on her side. She opened her eyes and looked around the room. “Jiyong?”

For a moment, there was silence until she heard something from the bathroom. She got up and walked toward where the noise came from. She knocked softly and called out, “Jiyong?”

There was a hum inside.

“Are you okay?” She tried to open the door, and luckily, it wasn’t locked. She went inside and spotted him on the sink, washing his mouth.

“I vomited twice this morning,” he sighed and looked at her through the mirror.

Dara rubbed his back. “Did you eat something last night that made you like that?”

“We ate the same food last night, babe.”

“Hmm right.”

Dara hugged him and kissed his cheek. “Drink a medicine, Jiyong, so you won’t feel like that at work.”

He smiled and nodded, “I will surely drink one, babe.”

 

When Jiyong was at work, he felt tired and not well. He was nauseous again. He felt helpless at work but continued to do his job. Dara on the other hand was searching through the web at home. She received a text from Jiyong saying that he felt nauseous again. She was searching about getting nauseous when she stumbled upon an article.

She clicked it and started reading. After a few minutes, she started laughing. She couldn’t believe what she just read. She hastily called Jiyong while still laughing.

“Jiyong!” she said as soon as he answered.

“Yes, babe?”

“You wouldn’t believe what I just read.”

“What is it all about?” he asked, still feeling unwell.

“Partners of pregnant women can get morning sickness!”

“Mworago?!” Disbelief was clear on his voice.

“Jinjja! It made me laugh actually.”

“But maybe it is just I am sick for real, babe, and not morning sickness.”

Dara paused and nodded even though Jiyong didn’t see her. “I think you are right, babe. Are you still sick?”

“Hmm yes, babe. But I already drank another medicine.”

“I’ll come to the office today and we will see a doctor for check up yeah?”

“Okay, babe. Let Sung Yong drive you oka

Please log in to read the full chapter