Ticket to the Future

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

 

It has been four months since I’ve been pregnant with this little Kwon in my womb. So far, everything went well, and both of us are healthy—which what I really wanted. The top of our priority is our baby’s health and then next is mine . . . which the boss said. “Little Kwon first and then you . . . but both of you are the top of my priority right now.” Super caring Mr. Kwon right there. Till this moment, we haven’t known the gender of our baby. The last time we visited for our monthly check-up last month, little Kwon is still unknown because she hasn’t shown us her . But I’m really sure though that it’s a girl. Hah! My mother’s instinct is still here, and Jiyong still won’t believe me. That weirdo!

Our baby’s existence has brought us happiness since the day we’ve known that I’m pregnant until this very moment. However, God has given me another dose of happiness, and that is my graduation. This time, it isn’t only I or Jiyong or Jihyun who was very happy but it also brought happy tears and proud smile to my parents. Seeing my name in the official list of graduates also gave them the success I attained through their efforts. I couldn’t ask for more right now.

Today is my graduation day already. In an hour, I will be walking on the stage to get my diploma. Assa! FINALLY!

“Babe, are you done in there?” Jiyong asked as he was fixing his cufflinks.

I was still inside the closet fixing my dress. “Oh, wait for a second, Jiyong! I’m straightening my dress. Little Kwon won’t let it smoothen,” I said with a pout.

He chuckled and went to me. “Aigoo, Baby Kwon, help your mother with your dress hmm? And behave~” he cooed and rubbed my tummy gently.

My bump has been evident now since it is already in its fourth month. I looked at Jiyong and smiled. “Gomawo, Daddy~” I pinched his cheeks and grinned.

“Yaaaah, Dara!” he groaned in frustration, “that hurts you know.”

Giggling, I said, “Oops! Mian, Daddy Kwon!” I clung my arms in his and smiled cheekily. “Let’s go?”

He poked my side gently and nodded. “Kaja, student!”

“What student?!”

“Aren’t you one?”

“Well, yes, I am!”

“Then you are a student to me right now.”

“Pabo, Jiyong~”

 

 

 

After all those welcoming and congratulatory speeches, we are down to distributing of the diplomas. I was so nervous and excited at the same time while waiting for my name to be called. I kept on glancing around the crowd to look for Jiyong and my parents. They were on the left on the back row where parents and other visitors of the graduates were seated. I want to hold Jiyong’s hand but can’t.

Finally, our course was on. We were already standing and waiting at the side of the stage while in line.

“Park Sandara!” The master of ceremony called my name.

My heart leaped out of my chest while I was trudging on the stairs and onto the stage. I could see Jiyong and my parents standing and clapping their hands, with proud smiles on their faces. As I was shaking the hands of the school’s staffs, tears welled up in my eyes.

Finally. I finally fulfilled my parents’ wish as well as my own.

“Congratulations, Ms. Park,” they wished me one by one and I stood at the middle of them while a picture was taken.

Before leaving the stage, I bowed at them and said, “Thank you so much.”

I raised my hand up with the diploma and waved it to my family. Going back to my seat, I caressed my belly and whispered, “Your mother has just graduated, aegi-ah~”

 

 

____

 

 

Dara, Jiyong, and the rest of the family are having a celebratory dinner in the Kwon’s place. It was supposed to be outside but then Dara suddenly felt tired and didn’t feel like going out anymore, so they decided to just celebrate her graduation at the house. There may be a change of plans for the celebration, but Mrs. Park was happy about it because she will get to cook lots of home-cooked food, with the help of Ahjumma Lee of course.

The couple were in there room changing clothes. Dara was standing before the body-length mirror, checking her body and caressing her tummy. She smiled softly and admired the baby bump that was finally evident when or even with clothes. Jiyong was about to get out of the room when he realized Dara was still inside the walk-in closet.

“Babe?” he called out softly.

“Hmm?” she hummed in response.

He walked inside and smiled at what he saw. She was still standing before the mirror, clad in her underwear while rubbing her belly. He went to her and slowly wrapped his arms around her, back hugging her.

“Hello there, my y wife,” he looked at their reflection and kissed her shoulder.

“Hi, my handsome husband,” she replied with a giggle.

“You’re so y, baby.”

“I know, Ji. I think right now, I am at my iest.”

“Oh, you are indeed very y, Sandara. The little one is helping you with that,” Jiyong chuckled as Dara gave him a look.

“Does that mean I was not y before, CEO-nim?” she pouted at him through the mirror. “Meanie~”

“You were of course, but I just agree with you that you are indeed the iest when you’re pregnant with our child,” he said and let her face him, “now no more sulky Sa

Please log in to read the full chapter