CHAPTER 22

Changsub’s Kiss

AN:I started this just this morning, i'm too hyped for this. I've estimated 2-3 more chapters only ut a story line just keeps on adding. anyway, im on chap 23 now. critique me.

 

------------------------------------------------------

Changsub finally flew up, avoiding Jaejoong’s attack.

 

With a rapid, twirling move, Changsub started a whirlwind and moved faster to create a bigger one. He was able to command the air and enclosed both him and Jaejoong inside the whirlwind, which grew as high as a 6-storey building. Changsub added bolts of electricity and made the space smaller, not afraid of a close distance fight with the vampire.

 

If an ordinary human being was trapped inside the wind, they would have already been suffocated. Jaejoong stilled and stood straight, his eyes menacingly following Changsub’s movements of orchestrating his trap.

 

Changsub wondered but didn’t care about what the vampire was thinking. All he wanted was to end the vampire’s life. Take revenge for his family and all the other Takers and Fairies they’ve killed. He knew it’s not solely the vampires fault but since they’re threatening their lives, Changsub should finish it.

 

There were no words in between them now, only their eyes coaxing each other to make the first move. Jaejoong seemed defenseless but had another trick in his sleeves. He forced himself to control the air as well, his face contorting as he makes a ball of air and electricity in his hands out of the whirlwind. Changsub was amused but didn’t like it when Jaejoong hit his wing.

 

Changsub cursed and made his own spheres and attacked Jaejoong non-stopped.

 

Jaejoong laughed as he tried to evade Changsub’s hits, “I should’ve have drained you like your proud father.” The vampire kneeled on one knee after a strong blow on his sides but tried to stand up again, “Stupid selfish Taker. He had the chance to get away but chose to stay and save his poor wife and daughter. Your mom had begged him to go, her knowing that they’ll die anyway…but no, your dad chose them over all of the Takers.”

 

Changsub stopped his assaults, the wind around them slowing for a bit, calming but still trapping them in between. “My father was never selfish. He gave his all to the Takers but he also chose to give his all for his family. That is love, I don’t know if your cold heart would understand.”

 

“Ofcourse he was.” Jaejoong’s shoulder was slumped down but he was standing up, refusing to go down again. “He could have saved more Takers, he could have been with you and you won’t be a black Taker! Love, tsked!”

 

“This was my choice.” Changsub raised his hands to his sides, his wings following, spreading wide. “I have no regrets – I am what I am because of what I willed myself to become.” His eyes glowed golden and the wind whirled in a fast pace again, the bolts of electricity becoming stronger.

 

“I can still see the fear in your father’s eyes when we got through his barrier…” Jaejoong started again, “It was fear. I smelled fear for his girls…”

 

“Stop.” Changsub commanded as a sound of thunder revolted around them.

 

“I knew you were there.” The vampire continued, laughing like a maniac, “A little bird peeping from the tower bell, crying and helpless. How does it feel watching your family die in front of you?!”

 

“Stop! Stop!” Changsub screamed and moved closer to Jaejoong, strangling his neck.

 

“That won’t hurt me stupid.” Jaejoong said. The vampire grabbed the chance to attack Changsub’s side but it was nothing for the latter.

 

Changsub took them both in the air, still holding Jaejoong by the neck. The latter struggled but was able to hold on Changsub’s arms.

 

“Don’t you want to know your father’s last words?” Jaejoong wheezed, trying to get the words out.

 

Changsub then grabbed for the vampires shirt, letting him speak. If it’s indeed his father’s words, he would need to hear it.

 

“He told me to spare you.” Jaejoong’s eyes glint and Changsub felt an unbearable heat in his arms, where the vampire’s hands were.

 

*

 

Jihoon doesn’t need to give all of his energy for the force field since he just needs to protect them from Changsub’s whirlwind. Jihoon breathed, just a little more wait.

 

But the fairy can’t help but also be worried with Changsub. He had taken good care of the Taker since he was a child and had pledge his life to protect him and everything that’s important for him. It was also a promise Jihoon made to Changsub’s father too.

 

-

 

The fairies were living peacefully until the giants decided to take their space and decided to have them as meals. Many had died fighting and some were kidnapped. Most fairies had fled and hid their families but never did they hear anything from those who ran away. It was with heavy hearts that they had decided to move and save what was left in their group.

 

It was a rainy night and a young fairy was separated from his migrating group. They would just need to cross a mountain and be forever safe from the giants as they look for their new home. A young Jihoon had always been curious and following a big, brown rabbit one night, while everyone was taking a rest had him face a hungry giant.

 

Jihoon ran for his life but making the giant follow him away from his group. He won’t risk the other fairies life because of his curiousness and stupidness. Jihoon was still young to think of such responsibility but being the son of the fairies’ leader, he had the natural instinct of taking care of their subordinates.

 

He didn’t know how to fight but he was good in running and creating confusing signals. He was able to lead the giant far but he was also exhausted. It was also unfortunate that another giant showed up and now he has two on his track. Jihoon ran and ran until he reached the edge of the mountain.

 

He only had a split second to decide when a giant threw a spear at him. He jumped backwards, closing his eyes, felt the tip of the arrow hitting his stomach, the giants reaching out for him were the last of his memories before losing consciousness.

 

-

Jihoon had been in and out of sleep but was fine with that. He already heard his father’s voice and a being like an angel was beside him. He’s okay now, he knew he’s already safe.

 

-

Jihoon felt cold, his breathing ragged. He cried out for his mother but a touch on his skin was like fire. E opened his eyes, there were too many winged man and fairies around him. His mother crying beside him, his father’s head bowed down.

 

“The kid had survived the fall but the poison is killing him.” An unfamiliar voice said. Jihoon was having a hard time moving his head.

 

“Is there really nothing we can do now?” Another unfamiliar voice spoke with command, “This young fairy was a brave one. His curiosity led into saving his kind from the giants. He should live.”

 

“Our healing capabilities are limited.” Jihoon finally heard his father. He tried to call out but he cannot open his mouth. “And we are really thankful for the Takers for trying to save our son…”

 

“You are not giving up!” The commanding voice spoke again. “I want all the head of the Takers in this room now, and everyone please go out.”

 

Takers? As in the winged men? Jihoon had always been fascinated about them and how he wishes they could have met in a different way.

 

There were scrambling of feet and Jihoon could hear his mother sobbing loudly. He felt tears in his eyes that only burned his face when it trickled to the side.

 

“Hush now.” The one who seemed to lead said in a warm voice. There were once again other voices around him but the conversations died down instantly.

 

‘What can we do?’

‘We already have the cocktail for the antidote but we need the full moon to have it working.’

‘But that’s two days from now.’

‘I also saw the kid making a detour to confuse the giants and lead them away from his group.’

‘We must do something.’

‘There is another way.’

‘Tell me now.’

‘It’s dangerous.

‘Tell me now!’

 

Jihoon rolled to his side, coughing, a bitter-irony taste coming out his mouth. He didn’t hear anything more of the Takers talking around him.

 

He knew he was once again flat on his back and someone made him close his eyes – calming him down, the scratches in his throat healing, and he received a kiss with a surge of wonderful energy being transferred to him.

-

Jihoon never woke up the same. He was more powerful, his senses more sharp, his eyes turning gold once a while. He had special abilities that no ordinary fairy can do – only Takers, golden winged Takers.

-

The fairies were then hidden in a mountain protected by the Takers. It was a haven for everyone and the fairies had vowed to be on servitude under the Takers. The Takers only wanted their loyalty but the fairies gave them more.

 

Jihoon was saved by the leader of the Taker, the latter giving half of his life to save a kid. It was not a forbidden ritual but something dangerous that could have taken the life of his savior. But the stars were in line for them that night and in return Jihoon sharpened the skills passed to him and personally vowed his life for them.

-

It was until the great chaos started, they were asked not to show themselves. But as soon as they heard what had happened to the golden-winged Takers, the fairies seek out for Changsub. They heard the only son was still alive and they were able to find him, take him under their care and let him decide how to run his own life.

 

Jihoon wanted revenge as much as Changsub wanted it. So he did everything Changsub asked him to – willingly.

 

“Just be safe Changsub.” Jihoon said out loud as the whirlwind grew stronger and stronger.

 

*

 Changsub already lost it, the burns in his arms glowing like hot charcoal. He dropped Jaejoong and watched him fall to the ground, a smirk still plastered on his face.

 

Changsub don’t want anything from him anymore, he moved up, out the whirlwind and never looked back. With a clap of his hands he made the twisted air skimpier, and the clashes of electricity making lightning. he heard an excruciating scream and then it was gone, the air still revolving into a much slower  pace.

 

He gave it all he got, away with his hatred. They should be safe now.

 

It’s done.