CHAPTER 17

Changsub’s Kiss

Ilhoon was already overwhelmed with emotions to the point that he’s already feeling numb. But if he’s to be asked what he feels, anger was dominant. He’s worried for his brother and the rest, but his anger towards the vampires were more eminent.

He can feel it to his core where a stir of strange but welcomed energy hyped him so much. He can feel the power of air playing in his hands waiting to be unleashed, his wings flapping slow and threatening behind him.

The fact that Hyunsik was still watching over him through Changsub made him calm (or Sungjae’s powers were being used right now too). Ilhoon wondered how he and Sungjae would mix inside Changsub.

all them vampires. Ilhoon didn’t say it out loud knowing an auto-smack from Hyunsik through Changsub will hit his head again.

“I wish I was also able to read minds like my ancestors.” Changsub then said out loud and looked back at Ilhoon, “But then again we can’t have it all.” Changsub was still holding the doorknob and placed a hand on the door, trying to feel. They don’t know what’s happening behind it and this made Ilhoon more anxious.

“If things get out of hand, just try to save any one of them.” Changsub then said, his eyes were creamy and glassy, “Save who you can first and go straight to the west. You will see a clearing in an island, and the vampires wouldn’t be able to follow you easily for the water will slow them down. Got it?”

“Yeah.” Ilhoon breathed but it was Hyunsik and Eunkwang who were first on his mind.

“I will try my best to save them all.” Changsub added and finally burst the door open.

*

Jihoon was already kneeling down; his hands were up, giving all his energy to hold up the force shield to protect them from the fallen ceiling. It seemed like the whole block above was crushing them down and they were inches from being squashed but Jihoon was just in the nick of time. The debris were surrounding them and this would buy time for Jihoon to think on how he (together with the sleeping Takers) can get out of the situation. All the possibilities for now leads to more damages and that he can’t let happen. His only hope was to have Changsub save them. He can no longer use his special powers and his eyes were back into black, he was too drained.

Jihoon knew that the vampires were trying to dig their way in and he must then secure them all inside his protective shield. To buy time and trust Changsub are the last hopes.

Then everything was quiet for a few seconds before his phone went off. He smirked, shaking his concentration for a bit, quite unbelieving that the signal still reached him down the shield and debris. It was Changsub’s special tone on his phone and as much as he wanted to answer it, there was just no way to do it.

BANG.

One explosion after another made the ground trembled below him and the materials above him shaking violently. Then there was light coming from the top, like sunrays making its way to every hole it can pass through. To his relief a familiar face with purple-eyes was looking down at him, a mix of worry, surprised and joy written on his face.

“Can you still hold up?” Ilhoon asked as he worked on getting the rest of the stones off, “We just need to finish off some more vampires to clear our way out.”

Jihoon nodded and pushed up, causing Ilhoon to step backward by the sudden force but easily regained balanced and continued his work taking the stones away.

Jihoon can finally see Changsub, his back against him, moving his arms to every direction like a conductor of an orchestra. The latter was easily flicking away every vampire that tries to attack them, one made it through to attack Ilhoon but Changsub send an electric shock too powerful that burnt the vampire to ashes.

Ilhoon was able to clear enough for Jihoon to make a small opening and let him in. Ilhoon was to run to his brother but remembered Changsub’s words to save who he can first. Every second counts and Ilhoon can feel that the house is quickly crumbling down. Minhyuk and Eunkwang’s body were nearest and he grabbed for them holding them in each arms.

Ilhoon made a bow to Jihoon before going to Changsub with Minhyuk in his arms. “I can carry them.”

Changsub nodded as he pointed up where there was an opening to fly out. “Fly west and stay there. It’s just a few minutes and it’s the first island you will see. I’ll be there in a few.”

“But there’s still four including your friend.” Ilhoon, ofcourse, needed to argue. Changsub can’t really carry them all out, right? And if he can it will slow him down…and..and…

“I’ll carry who I can and you can come back with me.” Changsub eyes were dancing with colors but Ilhoon knew it was still Hyunsik who was trying to talk. “I just can’t risk you coming back alone.”

Ilhoon nodded and flapped his wings strongly to support him, Eunkwang, and Minhyuk’s weight up before completely flying out the house.

*

Changsub knew he won’t be able to carry them all, he could try but that will really slow them down. As soon as he killed all the vampires around them he made way on taking out the other three bodies out under the crumbles and helped Jihoon up to rest beside them. He was still surprise with Jihoon’s ability to create a force field but chalked it as something Jihoon can copy from him as they practiced together.

“You should go now, take them three.” Jihoon smiled tiredly at him as he nurses his injuries. Changsub held out his hand and carefully placed it on Jihoon’s wounds, the latter wincing noisily.

“I think it’s better to wait up for Ilhoon here.” Changsub said as he concentrated on Jihoon’s arms. “The boy can handle himself. This Hyunsik in me is the real worry-shizz.” There was a spark of white in Changsub’s feather’s but he ignored it.

“But we need to keep them safe.” Jihoon still argued as his wounds close.

“Shut up.” Changsub then stopped and stood up. “I can only heal you but I can’t help regain your strength.” Jihoon nodded. “But tell me Jihoon, how did you…you know, work on that force field? I can’t even make a proper one myself.”

Jihoon looked up and met his eyes straightly and meaningfully, “It’s innate. I got it from my father.”

Changsub was then confused. Can fairies do force fields? Maybe he didn’t really know all about them for he felt ‘out’ for not knowing.

“I’ll tell you all about it later.” Jihoon still smiled assuredly and struggled standing up but was able to brace himself. “For now we have to get out, all fairies should get out of here as well. The vampires would really want you dead now.”

“I ordered everyone to leave and save who they can.” Changsub said as he grabbed for Hyunsik in one arm, “I’m sorry that we lost a lot of fairies and I thank you for saving them.

“We were anticipating this to happen.” Jihoon then grabbed for Peniel and Sungjae, straining what’s left of his energy. “We had submitted our loyalty and help for the Takers and we are not the ones who back out.”

Changsub smiled at his friend whom he treated as his brother for the longest time. Jihoon, has been his mentor and follower, and he’s been always grateful for it.

 Changsub placed his arms around Jihoon’s torso, testing their weight first . Although he can carry them with his strength, his wings might fly them slow. But then it’s better to move them all out than Jaejoong lashing his wrath while Changsub’s not around.

Changsub had his wings flapping full force going up through the opening where Ilhoon got out. He can already feel Ilhoon on his way back (hard headed as always) and was just glad to get his help. But before he can even get pass the exit a grenade-like ball came from the outside and was detonated inside the house causing the whole structure to give in and buried Changsub and the rest he was carrying down under the rumbles again.

*

Ilhoon saw it all.

He already saw Changsub through the hole in the house, carrying his brother in one arm while he has Jihoon, Peniel and Sungjae on the other. Ilhoon was using his hands to create air and push him fast towards Changsub.

But then vampires just came out from the forest, Jaejoong leading them. They were gracefully running and that was when he saw a blonde-dyed boy holding a round thing and threw it towards the opening of the house.

It was just a split second when the house finally crumbled down to pieces and Ilhoon cannot see Changsub, his brother and the others no more.