CHAPTER 21

Changsub’s Kiss

AN: not so, but some may see this as morbidity.

 

Changsub raises a finger and was not surprised when he uprooted a large tree from the ground. He smirked and returned it, making sure it’s securely back in place. The weather had changed abruptly, like a monsoon deciding to highlight his change. He breathed in the moist, woody air – flapped his wings once, creating a booming sound around him.

 

Changsub likes the energy surging in his body, just waiting to be unleashed, the only fear was to not be able to control such power.

 

He calmed himself in an instant, as easy as a flick on his fingers, then closed his eyes and saw a vision of an angry Jaejoong calling out his name.

 

Someone’s shouting their death wish.

 

Changsub snickered, his shining, black wings lifting him up higher to the clouds and with a blink of an eye, he zoomed back towards his enemies, with a death glare in his eyes.

 

*

 

Jaejoong held his ground, looking up the sky, waiting. He was way beyond mad now. He just wanted to grab anyone and kill them. He knew he’d have to control himself or it’s going to be a bloody mess around him even before facing Changsub.

 

That Black Taker . I’m going to make him suffer.

 

The vampires were feared so much by other entities. They were on top of the chain but never really thought about having elementals as their food, for human blood satisfies them. The evolution of vampires was really radical, especially being let out under the sun, and thus their curiosity as to what more they can do also leveled up. So, when he got the opportunity to a possibility to have the Takers, the oh-so-magnificent soul ers, he didn’t let the chance pass by. And it was greed and the addicting vigor the Takers feeds him were the reasons they’ve got in the situation. Jaejoong wanted more. He’ll have more.

 

“Jae, we got the other Takers but the fairy is protecting them.” N, one of his followers called out.

 

Jaejoong snapped his head to the side and saw a golden light emitting from the underground. Jaejoong leaped towards them and saw a fierce fairy looking at them from below, hands raised to the side, holding the perfect ball of force field around him. They can see the three Takers lying on the ground, oblivious from the danger that surrounds them.

 

“This is interesting.” Jaejoong said menacingly, his eyes turning bright red, “How can fairies do that? What are you really?” He jumped downwards and reached out for Jihoon, only to be electrified from the sparks coming from the ball of energy. Jaejoong laughed, the last time a force field was used against them was when he killed the leader of the Takers and they were able to easily get through it the last time. It’s a big wonder how a Fairy can do such thing and it’s not easy to break in.

 

“How can you do this?” Jaejoong stared at Jihoon, who only smirked at him in return. “No, you can’t be. You can’t have a Taker’s blood. You certainly smell like a fairy.” Jaejoong looked closely at Jihoon’s eyes which were turning golden, shaking the thought the fairy as a Taker.

 

“Should we try to get through this then?” Leo stood beside him, playing on the sparks teasing his hand.

“This is certainly different from the old Taker’s layer but we can still get through this if we falter his concentration.”

 

Jaejoong raises his hand and did a quick curtsy, “Be my guest.” The other vampires then howled but before they can even jumped in, they heard a loud swishing sound and two of the vampires burning down.

 

*

 

Changsub finally saw the ruined mansion and saw the gold light coming from the ground, the vampires already surrounding Jihoon and the other Takers. They were too busy with the orb protecting his friends that when he heard the howling from the monsters, Changsub quickly flew down, grabbed the two nearest vampires and set them on fire.

 

This definitely got his enemies attention, the other vampires scattering away with horror in their faces, seeing their comrades burning to death while Jaejoong’s face was a mixture of surprise and anger.

 

“Get away from them.” Changsub’s voice was steadily eerie. He gracefully set his feet on the ground, his wings still grandly wide behind him. The two vampires on fire were now tossing their bodies on the ground.

 

Jaejoong leaped up, checking on his dying minions then focused on Changsub. The leader of the coven can’t help but be impressed on how different Changsub looked, calmed and majestic. He had always been amazed with the golden winged Takers but he had never imagined that he will ever get to see a black Taker for they were just legends. He feels the excitement getting stronger, the thoughts of killing a powerful Taker was pumping his adrenaline.

 

“So, tell me…”Jaejoong walked towards Changsub, a smirk on his lips, fangs glinting. “How do you plan this to end?”

 

“Simple.” Changsub raised his head higher, eyes turning gold, “As if you’ve never existed.”

 

*

 

Jihoon watched as Changsub and Jaejoong raised hell as they throw endless energy spheres at each other. Jaejoong was really moving fast, but Changsub’s got his own swift moves. The fight was really unfair though, Changsub having the upper hand but decided to stay on ground than attacking from the skies. The other vampires were also trying to get near him but Jaejoong was yelling at them to back off.

 

Jihoon smiled, knowing that soon they are going to be all safe.

 

You can do it, brother.

 

*

 

Changsub wasn’t sure how many more vampires he had burned to oblivion. He can only see three other vampires aside Jaejoong, who all look miserable now.

 

Changsub was still taking it easy against them, dodging Jaejoong’s surprise attack and retaliating with his onw shots of electicity. Jaejoong can move things by his mind but its not enough to create any damage against Changsub. On the other hand, Jaejoong already had bruises, which healed slowly.

 

 

“I want those Takers dead now!” Jaejoong then hissed to the vampires and the latter followed his instructions, attacking Jihoon again.

 

This ticked off Changsub, raising his left hand to create a strong wind towards the three vampires and raising his right to create lightning to Jaejoong. He released his powers at the same time, pushing the vampires away except Jaejoong who took the blow but only kneeled down.

 

“That suits you well, blood er.” Changsub said with venom, staring down at Jaejoong’s state, “But you will never be forgiven.

 

Jaejoong stood up, still unbalanced, and spit out some blood. “You made me taste my own blood.” He said with venom, “You’re really going to die, you bird.”

 

Changsub readied himself for the attack but was surprised when Jaejoong leaped backwards and grabbed one of his minion and on his neck. The poor vampire struggled but was all drained and turned into white ashes after a few seconds. This created a change in Jaejoong, He stood up straight, his wounds closing up, eyes redder.

 

“Damn, Jae.” A blonde vampire cried, “What did you do with N?!”

 

“Same thing I’m about to do with you Hyeunsung!” Jaejoong grabbed for the blonde one and snapped his head, the latter turning paler as Jaejoong drink his blood. Hyeunsung also suffered the same fate and turned into ashes.

 

“Leo, I need you too.” Jaejoon was to reach for the last vampire who started to run off but Changsub made his move. He was instantly at the vampire’s back and reached for his heart, starting a fire.

 

Jaejoong’s face flashed with so much hatred as he watch Leo burned to ashes, his heart fading in Changsub’s hands. Jaejoong screamed, a piercing howl that echoed in the surrounding forest before fully charging towards Changsub.

 

 

-----------------------------

what do you think? two to three chapters more. follow me on twitter: @sHEOTAko, let's talk there too.