CHAPTER 15

Changsub’s Kiss

The fairies that were sent to spy on Jaejoong got back late at night showing a video of Ilhoon being held down by vampires as invisible forces pull them back away from him. Ilhoon only stopped when he was drained out of energy and his wings wrapped him automatically like a cocoon, not letting anyone in to touch his skin.

Hyunsik’s fear was more on Ilhoon hurting himself, who cares about those damn vampires?

“How do we save him?” Hyunsik asked, his plate of food left untouched. “I already tried to look for the other Takers but they were no longer in the places I know they should be dwelling.”

“I will ask the fairies to look for them.” Changsub said, “But you should eat you know.” Hyunsik sighed and took a piece of meat in his mouth. “I am strong enough to attack them with your help but it’ll be better if only I can take the fifth Taker. It’s the only way I can use the powers of the Takers within me. We cannot track the white-winged Taker and we are considering Ilhoon as the last pure purple Taker even though he is your brother. I don’t even know how it was possible but yeah, he’s your brother that what matters.”

Hyunsik stopped poking his steak and looked down.

“I told you I won’t hurt your brother.” Changsub raised his hands, “And I’m giving back all these souls once we’re sure that those vampires back down if I don’t have to kill them.”

“It’s not that.” Hyunsik exhaled and looked up, “Ilhoon’s not my brother. I’m the last pure, white winged Taker.”

*

The vampires already moved into a new coven on top of a plateau with a spacious garden on one side and the other over-looking the ocean. They needed space incase Ilhoon started to lose himself again. They can’t get through his wings but they still have the chains in his hands and feet. They made sure the chains were pinned securely on the ground, letting him rest on the ground in the center of the garden and vampires surrounded him to keep watch.

Jaejoong listened as Leo gave them the accounts of what he heard. The latter told him everything and even had the mind to go back and follow the Takers at Changsub’s house.

“So, we actually have means to stop him…” Jaejoong lifted his glass of blood and twirled it a few times, “And that prophecy could be just some hoax. Hmmm…”

“I say we attack them now.” Hyunseung juggled a couple of his bombs in one hand, “Giving them surprises mess up their minds.”

“I think they already have a plan.”Leo spoke up again, “And they have the fairies helping them.”

“Fairies are not good in combats.” Hyunseung countered.

“But they are great trackers and messengers.” Leo smirked, “They could have already sent hundreds all over the world to get the other Takers.”

“Whatever.” Hyunseung whispered and shot a menacing look towards Leo.

“Stop it children.” Jaejoong exhaled, “Those Tinkerbelles are really useful in situations like this. Waaah, we should have really killed that kid then.”

“What’s your call now, Jae?” N then asked, “I think that prophecy is not real. The green-winged Takers might have foreseen Changsub’s future for revenge and that old Taker have used the information to mess up our heads. This purple-winged kid was just like a peace offering to all Takers – his great grandfather making him bait.”

Jaejoong hummed, considering what his right hand just proposed. It makes sense in all angles, what’s the use of this kid when they have means of stopping Changsub? Jaejoong had heard about black-winged Takers before but it was just a hear-say. He can’t believe he will be meeting one, no, he caused to turn one.

Jaejoong looked at every eyes staring at him. “I say we attack and kill this kid before they even make a move.”

*

Hyunsik was decided to give himself up in order to help Changsub save Ilhoon. He told Changsub how he got Ilhoon and how he loves him as his own brother. “I trust you Sub. I know you’d save him.”

They have kept the Takers down the basement and Hyunsik made sure that Peniel, Sungjae, Minhyuk and Eunkwang’s bodies were comfortable. Hyunsik also prepared his bed and syringes, teaching Jihoon how to place it in him once he gave up his soul. Changsub would only have a day to save Ilhoon, he can’t stay away long since he either needs to feed souls to the Takers.

Jihoon was the one to take care of them while Changsub was away and Jihoon swore his life for them. They have also already started to look for Changsub’s cure, something they didn’t really bothered with before.

Once the sun is up, Hyunsik would give up his soul in order for Changsub to use their powers. Changsub just agreed in his plans and most of it they would just have to rely in trusting each other.

“Once you get near Ilhoon, try to call for me and I will handle it from there.” Hyunsik reminded Changsub, “Ilhoon’s pretty smart to figure things out.”

“I’m sorry I have to do this.” Changsub said quietly.

“Yah, we’re helping each other here.” Hyunsik patted his friend’s shoulder. “Ask Ilhoon for help to take care of us while you’re looking for the answers to save yourself from that curse. Don’t worry about us – you read the journal, we will be fine as long as our physical bodies are alive. But I wonder…”

“What?”

“Will we still stay young?” Hyunsik sneered, “Yah, you better hurry looking for the answer. I don’t wanna grow old while I’m sleeping.”

They joked around, laughing and reminiscing their younger days. They have so much to make up from all the lifetimes that had passed between them.

The sun was already up and it was time for them to commence their plans. “Be safe Changsub. I’ll see you later.” Those were Hyunsik’s last words as he drifted in a dreamless sleep after Changsub took his soul.

*

Changsub took Hyunsik’s limp body down the basement and watched Jihoon work on him. Changsub then pulled out the coin he had with him since he was a kid. He placed it inside Hyunsik’s chest pocket and patted it.

He can finally feel the souls within him in sync. Changsub looked at himself in the mirror and called for Hyunsik, his eyes turned gray and smiled. He then raised a hand and called for electricity, and he wasn’t deprived of that. He’s ready.

“I’ll be back.” Changsub said to no one in particular.

Jihoon smiled, “We will wait, Master.”

*

Ilhoon woke up and heard frantic noises around him. He tried to wipe his eyes but felt the chains in his hands, his wings still wrapped around him.

He felt the ground shook and by instinct his wings freed him and he stood up. It was already morning and the vampires were running everywhere. Ilhoon thought vampires were stupid for not hiding from the sun but soon figured out it they weren’t burning – but there was someone who was attacking them.

Ilhoon tried to search for the source of the commotion and finally saw black wings up in the sky. Changsub. He was alone, shooting lightning from his hands towards the vampires and was pretty much enjoying what he was doing.

Changsub then saw him and pointed at him, Ilhoon automatically raised his hands to block but was surprised when he saw a couple of vampires were hit by the same electric force Changsub was emitting. Then his chains were next, freeing him from his confinement. Ilhoon’s confusion made him immobile and got the best of him, looking directly at Changsub. Okay, so he doesn’t want to kill me.

But before Ilhoon can move, someone had already stopped him and it was Jaejoong who was fast enough to hold him. The leader of the vampires smiled before snapping his wing left wing.

“AAAAH!” Ilhoon screamed in pain, an unbearable pain that shoot every nerve in his whole body as he nurses his wing, “D-damn it. .” He cursed and cried. Was this how Eunkwang felt when I broke his wings?

“Not so fast, you sneaky bird boy.” Jaejoong then snapped his other wing, almost causing Ilhoon to bite his tongue off, another shooting pain all over him. Stop, stop, please.

Ilhoon can barely see because of the pain and tears in his eyes but he can make out Changsub’s figure going towards them and every vampire that attacked him was just flicked away easily. Ilhoon didn’t bother to know what was happening as he puffs air in his chest, his energy draining from too much hurting from his wings.

“Let the boy go, Jaejoong.” Changsub asked and it was the same cold voice Ilhoon heard when he was attacked.

Let me go? Ilhoon listened. What~

“I see you’re one with the Takers now again, eh?” Jaejoong laughed, dragging Ilhoon as they stepped back. Two more vampires were at his back, just waiting for his commands.

“I’m always one with them.” Changsub answered simply. A large rock was thrown his way but he blocked it with a hand and threw it back to the same direction it came from.

Jaejoong smirked and followed the rock as it hits some of the vampires, crashed underneath it. “I see you also have taken that white-winged, arrogant Taker. I should have let my men kill you back then.” Jaejoong spitefully said, tugging Ilhoon a bit harder causing the young Taker cried. “See that kid? Your brother’s gone now…Who knew a golden-wing can turn so bad?”

Hyung? Hyunsik-hyung? No way. Ilhoon wanted to deny it within him, Hyung is still gonna save me.

“But I’m not being the bad one right now.” Changsub laughed not looking at Ilhoon, “I’m not the one with a hostage and you should know that Hyunsik willingly gave himself up.”

Jaejoong laughed harder. “Really now?”

“Up to you to believe me or not. I’m just here to make things right and let me start with that kid you got there.” Changsub shrugged and his eyes were now only on Ilhoon, “Give him to me and I’ll think about sparing you.”

“Sparing me?” Jaejoong’s eyes turned into a lit, “You should be the one asking mercy. The sleeping Takers at your grand mansion would soon be gobe, waiting for their ‘natural’ deaths. And that means good bye to you too.”

That made Changsub stopped walking and talking.  How the hell did he know? Changsub thought.  No way.

“You have your fairies but I also have my own army.” Jaejoong continued after seeing Changsub’s confused face, “Leo, he was the one who have been following you since you that little chitty-chat-chat with Hyunsik. Oh yes, he heard everything.”

Changsub blinked. This is not good.

“Here, let me introduce Leo.” Jaejoong looked sideways then smiled meaningfully, “Oh wait, he’s not here. I guess they’re already at your place, ready to clean what you left behind.”

“No.” Changsub’s eyes got bigger. The fairies protective shield could only be broken if they were seen going in and out there. So if he was followed…noooo. He then flipped his phone, looking at Ilhoon, and protecting himself from the non-stop attacks of the vampires round him.

Jihoon answered after the fourth ring and Changsub didn’t need to ask, “We are being attacked.”