CHAPTER 19

Changsub’s Kiss

Ilhoon missed his old life – the nonchalant, spoiled, rich one. All he needed to do was to eat, sleep, and play, maybe learn a few about his brother’s businesses in between. Was he that oblivious to his life? As he thinks back on the years of his existence, he did grow up in a weird environment with Hyunsik. When he was younger there were sudden bad weather problems, or flying objects around the house, and when he’s in trouble Hyunsik will always be to the rescue, on the dot. He also thought Hyunsik had the best cosmetic surgeons that he was just keeping a secret, well, his hyung never got older obviously. And that also explains the late meetings in his brother’s office, those people he never get to meet since he’s banned to go near the office after twelve am.

He already lost count of the days he had been living as a Taker, he loved his powers but without anyone’s guidance he felt lost already. But such experience made him mature and now, he’s trying to survive and save his kind.

Jaejoong’s red eyes were scary but Ilhoon refused to look away, his anger boiling within him. It’s this monster’s greediness that started all this trouble and pain. Ilhoon just want to kill him but he was cautious with his every move. Another thing that he learned from the abrupt change in his life – he’s no more the hot-headed-I-don’t-care what will happen kid. He needed to stay alive so Changsub can take him. That’s what he needs to keep in mind.

Ilhoon just needs to make sure he can’t be reached in anyway, if he’s basing it on Eunkwang and Hyunsik’s stories, it won’t ever be a fair fight if he’s on the ground. Vampires can move quickly and jump high but can never fly. Well, he does not really know, his references were only those Twilight shizz, and he hates the fact that these kinds of vampires in front of him were not afraid of the sun.

“Come down here, you piece of scrawny .” Ilhoon heard Jaejoong’s voice but didn’t even saw his lips move.

Creepy. Ilhoon thought, still holding his flight.

Jaejoong took off a layer of his clothe and he was only in a fitted black long-sleeved turtle neck and his black tight pants. He stretched out his arms and brushed his hair backwards, smirking as he waved the other vampires away from him. There were only eight to ten vampires left including their leader and Ilhoon’s being careful since he can’t see any scratch on them from his attack earlier.

Ilhoon’s calculating how he can attack without getting near, he has the advantage of flying, seeing them from the above and he’s got the damn air in his command, but exhaustion was starting to get the best of him. He wanted to fight but he doesn’t know if he’ll still last long.

Jaejoong stared up at him, his smirk turning into a scowl then he showed his fangs. “It’s still an honor to see a purple Taker,” The vampire started, “We used to have such good relationship before.”

Ilhoon didn’t answer, listening, but his eyes were trying to catch whatever the other vampires were trying to do. Some were cutting down trees and some were still digging into where they believe Changsub and the others were.

“Except that great-great-how-ing-far-great grandfather of yours.” Jaejoong laughed, “Your kind was always hungry for power, attention…I can’t believe he actually tricked me believing you will be our salvation…but then again maybe you are.”

“You can clearly see I want to kill you right now, so how can I be the one who will save you?” Ilhoon retorted, following with his eyes the two bulky vampires cutting down more trees.

“Well, ofcourse, killing you now will make that Black Taker weak.” Jaejoong smiled widely, nodding to confirm he knows all their secrets, “And all those other Takers as well, I will kill them all and that Black Taker dry.”

“I don’t think so.” Ilhoon smiled back. “As soon as Changsub hyung out that ruins, I’ll let him have my soul and kill each one of you.”

“I’d love to see him try.” Jaejoong cocked his head to the side, “Its just a pity no other Takers are out to help you right now, only those pitiful Fairies…I thought they were extinct though.”

“The other Takers were smart enough not to show themselves and let you feast on them again.” Ilhoon crossed his hands on his chest, flying a bit higher. “And we’re just thankful for them fairies, for sure, Changsub hyung will avenge them as well…and yeah, I don’t see other Vampires helping you out.”

Jaejoong gave him another scowl, “I only accept the elites in my coven.”

“Oh, so these what? Eight or nine vampires the only ones who passed the test?” Ilhoon laughed sarcastically, “How about the other ones who burned from mere lightning? Elites, huh.”

Jaejoong let out a growl and his eyes turned into bright red, “You should follow your ancestors now, little bird, I shall make you suffer just like what I did to them.”

Ilhoon didn’t like what he heard but as he was to answer back, he saw tress flying his way and a fast moving Jaejoong using the trees as anchors to get to him. Ilhoon didn’t have time to react but flapped his wings to push him backwards and held out his hand from Jaejoong’s claws that was about to get him.

Jaejoong laughed crazily, as his weight dragged him and Ilhoon down, the latter cannot even use his powers since he was holding Jaejoong’s hands. Ilhoon knew as soon as he let go of the vampire’s hands, its fast reflex will surely cut through his skin. He knew he can carry the vampire up but Jaejoong’s insistent movement makes it harder for him to fly.

Ilhoon willed his wings to flap stronger, it was okay at first but there were flying trees again and another vampire was using it as steps to get nearer to them, well, they’re not stupid at all. Soon, he was yanked all the way down to the ground, the other vampire on his back, holding his wings together.

“.” Ilhoon threw curses at them. He was forced to let Jaejoong go when a strong blow on his gut made him kneel and again he felt his wings snapped and broken, “Arrrgh…, , .”

Jaejoong and the other vampires closed in and surrounded him as he whimpered. He can feel cold sweat all over his body and as he tried to control the air on his now free hand, he only got a swishing sound.

“Poor birdie.” It was the vampires turn to throw insults at him. Ilhoon can’t move, writhing in pain but he tried to look up, still not giving up.

Ilhoon then felt himself being dragged up in a standing position. He screamed with every movement and he limped as he struggled to hold himself up.

Jaejoong held Ilhoon’s chin in one hand and forced to raise his head, nuzzling his nose on his neck, and letting his fang dipped a bit on Ilhoon’s neck. Jaejoong the dripping blood and immediately closed the open wounds.

Jaejoong hummed as he his lips and forced Ilhoon to look at him. “I want your soul and I’ll let them have your blood.”

Jaejoong placed his lips over Ilhoon and the latter can feel a weird sensation in his body. His mind getting unfocused, his eyesight hazy, and his heartbeat getting faster if its more possible. Ilhoon knew the other vampires were all over him as well, getting bites all over his body.

But the feeling was gone just as fast and Ilhoon was on the ground choking and chilling.

“Hyung?” Ilhoon cried out as a familiar touch was on his arm.

“You’re gonna be okay Ilhoon.”

That was the only assurance before Ilhoon passed out.