CHAPTER 18

Changsub’s Kiss

Ilhoon waited. Anticipating Changsub to emerge from the ruins, all powers unleashed and ready to attack. But the seconds felt like eternity when there was not even a single rock movement from where Changsub and the rest were buried. He could have not died on that simple attack but the other bodies could have and that's Changsub weakness.

 

Ilhoon can feel a sudden coldness within and his wings flapping on its own accord while the wind blows strongly around them. That was when the vampires were only able to notice him. Jaejoong gave him a challenging look, asking with his eyes to attack.

 

Ilhoon didn't need to be asked twice, he raised his arms to gather the air around him and aimed it to where Jaejoong was standing. He didn't stopped throwing balls of air as his vision was clouded with anger and worry.

 

Ilhoon avoided the house, hoping that Changsub was just waiting for the right time to come out, and his brother was still alive. He prays for everyone to be still alive.

 

Ilhoon can't tell how long he has been attacking, most vampires hiding from him, but he can already feel exhaustion and he was getting near the ground. He then pushed himself higher and higher and calmed himself, regaining energy as he inhaled the moist air from the clouds. He didn't notice he was already in a rain cloud, until a loud thunder deafens him. He felt a surge of electricity but his wings was able to protect him somehow.

 

There's still a lot I have to learn. Ilhoon thought, wanting to know how much more he can do with his gifts. He’s looking forward to that but now it’s all about them surviving.

 

He looked back down and saw the vampires crowding on the spot where the Takers were buried.  They were digging fast and Ilhoon's anger notched another level.

 

. He cried as a lightning cruised past him.

 

Ilhoon was then hit by an idea. A dangerous one which he only hopes will work.  He has no time to think anyway. He descended quickly but carefully, controlling his powers, eyes turning into dark purple.

**

 

"They're still breathing." Changsub was just done checking up on the Takers and healed the wounds they've got. Jihoon was back on shielding them with what's left of his energy. He insisted Changsub on checking the other's first before him.

 

They weren't anticipating such a low attack but it got them out of balance. Changsub can’t help how desperate Jaejoong was. Hyunsik had more damaged than Peniel and Sungjae since Jihoon took the blow for them. Changsub just wanted to get out and kill every vampire that gets in his way but he needed to fix his friends first.

 

He calmed down Jihoon to ease the pain from the broken ribs as the latter holds their protection. Changsub then concentrated, holding up a hand before healing Jihoon's wounds again.

 

"You're being stupid again." Changsub said as he places his blue beam on Jihoon's sides, "But thank you for saving them." Jihoon can only smile.

 

"You can let go now." Changsub said, pulling Jihoon's hands down, while replacing their protection with his own force field. "I know I'm able to do this now..."

 

Jihoon nodded, a proud smile across his face. "So, w-what's the plan?" He asked, checking on his now closed wounds. He sat back fully on the floor, feeling the exhaustion from the non-stop attacks.

 

"I have to keep you four safe first." Changsub closed his eyes, "I can't clearly feel Ilhoon but I think he's safe, --- shut up Hyunsik." Changsub's wings flapped with white feathers glinting on it, he ignored the Hyunsik within and faced Jihoon. “We have no other way out, right?”

 

Jihoon shook his head, “All secret passages down below were already stuffed with soil when we did some renovations.”

 

Changsub breathed, "I have an idea but it’s a risk.” He raised his hand higher to make more

space with his force field, "We don't have much time so I don’t need you arguing with me.”

 

“Depends-“

 

“I won’t listen so save your breathe,” Changsub squinted his eyes, a meaner look on it that made Jihoon more attentive, “I have to get to Ilhoon and take him-“

 

**

 

Ilhoon was carefully navigating the rain cloud downwards, electricity balling intensely around him. He didn't care about the outcome, he just wanted to burn all them vampires.

.

The ones who were digging for Changsub even stopped.  lhoon just smirked, coaxing them to come closer, just like what Jaejoong did earlier. Ilhoon stopped in a good distance, enough not to be reached by the monsters below.

 

"So, what's that now?" One of the bigger vampires called out, "You gonna shower us?" They laughed.

 

Jaejoong looked up at him curiously, assessing the situation. It was evident on Jaejoong’s face that he does not like it and Ilhoon took it as a cue.

 

Ilhoon breathed and spread his arms leading the cloud down, he flew higher than the clouds and made sure that everything was covered by the dark mass of air below him. He can no longer see the ruins even the vampires who were noisily looking for him. Ilhoon only trusted his instincts that Changsub and the gang were safe before finally losing himself on doing what he wanted to do.

 

Ilhoon made it rain too much, almost like a storm, and the fact that the vampires were surrounded with it made it harder for them to move. Ilhoon believes that water won’t do much harm but when he clapped his hands, the clouds below bumped and created a cracking noise.

 

There were then ear-splitting noises from all over. Ilhoon knew his plan was somewhat working. He didn’t let any vampires run away, as soon as he saw someone out the clouds, he’ll extend it and made sure it’d be hit by lightning. Some got burns, some were tuned to ashes. He’s not familiar with a vampire’s nature but maybe the less powerful ones were those who were dead now.

 

It could only mean Jaejoong was still alive. At the least, he was able to eliminate most of the annoying vampires. Hyunsik would be proud of him.

 

The clouds thinned after a few more minutes. The rain was cleared and soft sounds of thunder were the only thing left. Ilhoon can see the damage he created and it was a fine deal. Only scowling when he saw Jaejoong and his closest minions unharmed but surely drenched and bits of clothes burnt.

 

“Are you done playing?” Jaejoong asked creepily, eyes bloody red, angry.

 

“I wasn’t playing.” Ilhoon matched him with a serious tone.

 

“Alright.” Jaejoong said, “My turn.”

 

**

 

Changsub decided to let Jihoon take a part of him, something he should have thought earlier. He doesn’t think it will affect his powers but still he needed to be careful. They just need enough for Jihoon to hold the force field longer until Changsub clears the vampires out. The vulnerability of them being exposed to the vicious vampires was something that scared Changsub.

 

And it’s time to ask for Ilhoon’s soul now, and the Hyunsik within him agrees. The latter even wanted it more for Changsub to take his brother than having another uncontrollable Ilhoon out there.

 

Jihoon didn’t see anything wrong with the plan except how Changsub’s body will be if he gives more of him when he already fed the sleeping Takers to save them. It would not affect the souls Changsub already taken but there were what-if’s especially they’re not sure how a black-taker should be.

 

Jihoon didn’t argue when Changsub kissed him and let a flow of energy transfer. They’ve done this before as a reward and Jihoon can feel a different surge of energy, a more powerful one.

 

Changsub set the force field stronger and let Jihoon take over after. Jihoon looked better and Changsub can freely breathe and leave them on their own for the mean time.  He knew his most faithful follower would take care of the Takers.

 

They can already hear commotion outside and can see water trickling down. Hyunsik’s soul was starting to get restless and the Peniel one was getting giddy, sparks of electricity tickling Changsub’s skin.

 

Changsub knew he needed to get out now but he needed a second more with Jihoon. “Thank you for doing this.” He started as he made sure all the Takers bodies were on reach from Jihoon. “I owe you my life.”

 

Jihoon shook his head, “I owe you more than you ever know.” Changsub gave him a slight confused look. “Do you think Eunkwang will be able to see our past now?”

 

Changsub closed his eyes, trying to get passed Hyunsik’s anxiety, Peniel’s excitement, and Sungjae’s comforting state. Minhyuk and Eunkwang were both in a silent state. “Hyunsik says that Eunkwang works best with adrenaline rush. Why?”

 

Jihoon smiled with solemn eyes, “There’s something important I want you to know but it can wait. I’ll see you when you’re done with those vampires.”

 

Changsub wanted to probe more but the souls within him were becoming more impatient and Changsub did not like the eerie silence above them. “I’ll see you later.”

 

Jihoon answered back but Changsub wasn’t able to hear it since he already made a hole out the force field and sealed it back quickly before pointing up to clear a path for him.

 

**