CHAPTER 16

Changsub’s Kiss

Jihoon didn’t have time to think on how the vampires were able to infiltrate the place. He started giving instructions to all the fairies to hold them off. Even though they weren’t the elementals who are used to fighting, they can still use their powers to create confusion towards their enemies.

Jihoon breathed deeply. He always anticipated the worst of the worst in every scenario and this was it for him. He promised Changsub he will protect his friends. And Jihoon promised their father he will protect Changsub. No matter what.

Soon, he heard footsteps towards the door and Jihoon stood straight as their enemies came rushing in. He closed his eyes and opened them again, golden orbs replacing his deep black ones.

*

Changsub’s mind was back at the mansion, worrying for everyone inside it. The fairies were not skilled enough and Jihoon’s alone to protect Hyunsik and the rest. Changsub didn’t really care about his own life but he won’t let any more harm to happen to the others.

with the plan, Jaejoong will still kill them in anyway and he needs to buy time. “What do you want?” Changsub asked Jaejoong.

“You, this kid and every other Taker.” Jaejoong smirked, “Surrender Lee.”

“Wasn’t that the same thing you told my father?” Changsub distracted Jaejoong as he executed another plan. His hands were emitting heat and directed it towards Ilhoon, a light flash of blue reflecting from his eyes.

“Maybe you will listen and would not want the same fate as your stubborn father.” Jaejoong continued smirking.

“I don’t think so.” Changsub shook his head, “I have the same stand as my father. And I’m not stupid to believe you will just let us go.”

Jaejoong laughed. Just a bit more…a bit more…a bit more. YES! Changsub was able to complete his plan and smiled towards Ilhoon who was no longer crying. Changsub called for Hyunsik with his mind and his eyes turned gray for a few second, Ilhoon looking at him confused but nodded. Good thing the kid understood.

“I’ll just tell you the same thing as my father had told you.” Changsub flapped his wings once and he was high up the sky, “Never.”

The vampires were looking up at him and forgot about Ilhoon. Jaejoong loosened his grip and Ilhoon took the opportunity to push him and followed Changsub in the sky, leaving the surprised vampires below.

*

Ilhoon felt a certain heat on his wings earlier, healing the pain and wound caused by Jaejoong. Ilhoon didn’t what was happening to him but when he looked at Changsub, the latter’s eyes were blue and his palms were faced towards him. Jaejoong was too busy thinking he was the victor to mind him. So, when he got the opportunity to escape he didn’t hesitate to follow Changsub in the sky, knowing he would be safer with him. And he was convinced it was his brother’s eyes that he saw earlier.

“Did you…did you take my brother?” Ilhoon asked as they fly higher. He still feels fear towards Changsub but there was this trust that he can’t explain lingering in him.

“Yes.” Changsub answered and stopped mid-air and waited for him so they would be at the same level. “And I promised him to save you.” Changsub flew nearer to him and his wings were then highlighted with bright, white feathers that contrasted his majestic black ones.

Changsub’s eyes turned gray again and Ilhoon didn’t saw it coming, Changsub smack his head, hard.

“What the fu-“He yelled but his head was hit again, this time a bit lighter. Ilhoon was rubbing the side of his head and gave a gentle smirk, “Hyung?”

“I still don’t like you cursing.” It was Changsub’s voice and mouth talking but it was definitely Hyunsik’s words.

“Really now, Hyung?” Ilhoon laughed, “We’re in a war and all you wanted me to do was to look out for my manners.” Hyunsik-Changsub, whoever, laughed as well. Then it was all Changsub again when his wings and eyes were all just black.

“Let’s go.” Changsub started flying, “We have to save them now. Jaejoong would be on our trail in a few.”

 “What’s happening?” Ilhoon was able to catch up with Changsub’s speed, “I know I should be scared from you right now, or even angry for also taking my brother, or trust you even but…what’s happening?”

“I’m calming you down using Sungjae, the cream-winged Taker’s powers.” Changsub explained as they quickly descended into a lower flight, just below the clouds. “Your brother can explain everything to you after this. Right now, I just need you to trust me, Hyunsik said you’re smart to understand things quickly and you wanted to make everything right. I no longer blame your family for what’s happened. I no longer blame all the Takers. But I still want my revenge to those blood ers.”

Ilhoon listened to Changsub as they continued to fly, the latter explaining how important to keep the Takers’ bodies alive to save them all. He observed Changsub’s actions as he dials a number on his phone and curses when he still does not get any answer. Changsub’s a different Taker now, Ilhoon does not fear him anymore and he just wanted to help him with his plans to take down the vampires. Ilhoon’s mind also wanders on Hyunsik and the other’s safety.

“There’s my house.” Changsub pointed at a castle-like mansion up a mountain. A part of it was damaged and there were different flashes of light all around the place.

“Would you be willing to lend your soul to me if we can’t stop them?” Changsub stopped him first, a panic hinted in his voice. “We can’t underestimate them vampires. I know I will be able to take them all down if I complete my task as a black Taker and I already promised your brother I will protect you all and give back your souls. No matter what.”

“I trust my brother.” That was all Ilhoon have to say as they headed fast towards the house, and a loud blast coming from the other undamaged side.

*

Jihoon was still holding up, a number of vampires already down but more came to replace them. The lifetimes of combat training with Changsub paid off since he was able to take down their attackers, singlehandedly. And Jihoon no longer hesitated keeping his real powers hidden, it’s the time to let himself known. He raised his hands and pushed the vampires back with his force field.

The vampires can’t get through and electricity shoots up their bodies if they tried to get near. This weakened Jihoon but he concentrated holding it up. He can hear his phone went off with the familiar ringtone and smiled knowing Changsub’s still alive.

“I didn’t know fairies can do this stuff.” A cold voice said, “Are you sure you’re a fairy?”

Jihoon ignored him and breathed deeply. He was trying to make a bubble-shaped force field to enclose them all and he was only halfway the process. The vampires just stood in front of him, trying to figure out how to get through.

Jihoon then felt something in his head and looked up. The ceiling already got a crack and it was moving fast, the vampires saw it as well and smiled menacingly. Jihoon only had a split second to decide, he moved back quickly and raised his hands upwards, blocking the falling debris, saving the unconscious Takers, and making him vulnerable for attacks.

*

Changsub and Ilhoon were already attacking as they fly down. Changsub sending lightning-shocks to every vampire he sees and flicking a wave of energy to heal every fairy that he can still save. They can’t tell how many vampires Jaejoong sent but it seemed endless.

Ilhoon was also shooting balls of air to anyone who attacked them, his wings still spread out like a metal shield protecting him.

“Stay on my sight.” Changsub said to Ilhoon although it was Hyunsik’s eyes flaring. Changsub was holding a vampire in each hand and threw them as if they were light as paper. Ilhoon followed him and also tried to save the fairies they were passing by. Some were already dead, drained, and beaten up, some were still being attacked, but more were still fighting.

A group of fairies came to their side and Changsub ordered them to retreat and take as much fairies they can still save. Ilhoon followed him inside the house and Changsub’s already flaring up when he saw more hurt fairies sprawled in the grand staircase and just everywhere. The vampires were like in a frenzy dry the fairies’ blood.

Changsub was still sending lightning to shock the vampires following them as they headed straight to a spiral staircase going down. Their path was blocked by a fallen wall but Changsub easily cleared it.

Ilhoon wasn’t sure if Changsub was talking to him but he made clear what the black Takers words when they reached a door and stopped, “Please let them be safe.”