Chapter 7

True Love [On Haitus]

 

Leeteuk arrived punctually at Sora's apartment with his white Audi. He wore a long-sleeved white shirt, which he folded to his elbows. He wore brown khakis, and white shoes. He really didn't know what he should wear. Should he wear a suit? But that would look like for a date, and Sora doesn't want that. Should he wear causal clothes? But that would show that he really doesn't have any decency or like he doesn't care. So, he went with semi-causal, with a white shirt and brown khakis, hoping Sora would like this. He sighed as he took his phone out and looked at her text. She actually agreed to have lunch with him, and he never felt happy as before. Women are always a easy topic for him, all the girls would try to catch his attention. He chuckled as he thought that Sora is the first one he is trying hard to be with. She is the first one he is trying to contact with. Why? He doesn't know. He doesn't know why is there any attraction, she is nothing like the girls he had a fling with. Maybe because this is the first time he is having any type of feeling, which is not lust. He calls her, and by the voice of hers, she isn't ready at all. "You are early, you know?" Sora said in a rush. "My house is just a few blocks ahead. And I like to be punctual," he said in an amusing voice. Sora didn't expect him to be on time, even though she liked it. She looked at the clock, and he is five minutes early. Normally, she had to wait for the guys, so she has a soft corner for the punctual guys. Okay, who doesn't like a guy who actually is punctual about his promises? Anyways, she quickly slipped into her boots, and looked at her reflection. She looks at her hair, and decides to pull it in a ponytail. It is not a date, just a lunch, her mind repeated to calm her nerves. They is nothing to worry about, it is just a friendly lunch with an opposite . She went into the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. She saw his car parked outside the apartment, and smiles at him. Literally, Leeteuk's breath is taken away as the goddess came to his car. With her plain yellow dress and a black coat, which really didn't help cover her curves, totally blew him away. Don't act like a kid with hormones, his mind ordered as she slipped in the car. Sora's black hair is in a ponytail, and with no makeup, she is really beautiful in his eyes. He forced a smile instead of gaping at her, his mind ordering to act normal. 
 
"You look nice," Sora said as her eyes quickly scanned him, and immediately regretted it. His white shirt showed his muscles, and his fashion style isn't that bad. She has a thing for a man with muscles, as her eyes laid on his arms. She brought her eyes up to him, and smiled at him. You look more than nice, Leeteuk wanted to say but bite back his compliment. He didn't want to make things awkward, and he smiled as she smiled.
"What do you want to eat?" Leeteuk asked.
 Sora looks confused," Isn't this your treat?"
Leeteuk nodded," But I have no idea what you like, although I am leaning on Korean."
Sora smiled a bit,"Actually, you are right. I would love to eat something traditional Korean since I never tried it." Leeteuk looked surprised as he step on the pedal and said,"Wait, are you saying that a Korean has never taste Korean food?"
Sora rolled her eyes," I am the queen of take-outs. Since I travel a lot, I didn't have a cook following me. I never stayed at my home, so I rarely have any home-cooking food. And this is my first time coming to South Korea."  
"Ah... That's why you wanted to eat Korean. Normally, girls like to go eat other cuisine," Leeteuk says. Sora looks at the window and stares at the view outside. Don't know why but she felt sudden anger run through her body. 
"Why did you become a photographer?" Leeteuk asked as he felt an awkward moment. Sora looked at him as if he is from another planet. "I mean, you are too beautiful to be behind of a camera," he said hurriedly. 
Sora smiled a bit and said, "I don't know. Its just that I like it than sitting in my dad's office. Anyways, it's a secret to my success." 
"Let me guess. Maybe it's because you can capture that moment forever?" Teuk said.
"How did you know?" Sora asked, surprised. She just realized that he put all her passion into words that she couldn't express. 
"Simple guess," he lied and thankful that the atmosphere isn't awkward. The answer just came to him, and it felt like the answer was in his brain all the time. He gave her a lazy smile, which made her heart flip.
"By the way, why are we speaking formal? Call me oppa and let's talk informally," Teuk suggested. Even though Sora hasn't lived her whole in Korea, she knew some traditions. And this is her first time calling someone oppa. And, isn't it easy?
"Op... Oppa," Sora says shyly. She quickly turns aside to not show her burning face. Little did she know that Teuk face was red as hers. Women always called him oppa, but he particular loved it when Sora called him oppa. The mood became a bit weird, and in a comfortable silence, they reach the restaurant. As the gentleman he is, he opened the door for her. They were greeted by a man, who looked the owner. He is bald and wore glasses. He kind of short, compared to Sora and had a feminism feeling. Leeteuk felt really awkward and Sora could feel it. The man called himself Hong Seok-cheon, and Sora liked him, also had a vague idea about his uality. He didn't try to hide that fact, and she liked it. 
"So, where do you guys want to eat?" Seok-cheong asked to Leeteuk. Teuk looked at Sora, who said,"No private, how about outside?" Teuk looked at Seok-cheong and nodded, who looked a bit surprise.
He led them to their table, and asked,"I will send a waiter, enjoy your dinner." He winked at Teuk, and Sora laughed at the stiff Teuk. 
"You are so cute," Sora said to Seok-cheong. He laughed and said, "Darling, I would rather have a guy say me that. Maybe a man like him," giving one last wink to Teuk. 
He exited, and Sora muffled a laugh while looking at Teuk sighing. "That was mean," she pointed out. 
"Sorry, I know, but I couldn't help it. And with you, I am more nervous. He is just a friend. Anyways, what would you like?" He asked. 
They ordered some dishes, and talked while they waited. When the food arrived, Sora's mouth started to water. Teuk liked how she talked, how she ate without any worry about her body or health. She ate with hearts content, and she could feel herself relax. Teuk had some humor, which made things easy. They were talking about the beautiful view outside when a gorgeous girl, with a worried Seok-cheong, walked towards them. Leeteuk got up and introduced the girl to Sora. 
"Sora, this is Taeyeon, the editor for Seoul Times. Taeyeon, this is Sora, my friend," Leeteuk introduced. He looked really tense since Taeyeon is the most biggest gossiper in town. Anything she writes will be seen by millions. After seeing them, Teuk is sure that Taeyeon will mention them in the newspaper. He didn't want a scandal, especially with Sora. This could create some problems for him and for her. And as Teuk glanced at Seok-cheong, he was thinking the same thing. 
"I think I know you. Sora... Kang Sora, right? Photographer and painter?" Taeyeon asked. 
"Yes, you are right," Sora replied calmly.  She saw the tense look from both the men, but remained calm. 
"Sora's hands should be really good, right Leeteuk-ssi?" Taeyeon asked innocently.