Chapter 14

True Love [On Haitus]

 

The girl danced in front of the boy while he recorded her. They laughed and danced in the beach, with the sea sparkling and the day almost going to end. Finally, they cuddled each other on the soft sand, while looking at the sky turning dark. They have been together for almost three months. They were really happy with each other. The girl smelled the sea scent, while her fingers played with the brown sand. 
 
"How about we leave a mark?" the boy asked. The girl looked a bit confused. "I mean, it's almost been three months. I want to do something that's forever." Getting an idea, the boy got up and ran towards a big rock, and tried to find something. The girl caught with him, and saw him scribbling something on the big rock. It said "le véritable amour."
 
"Oppa, what does this mean?" the girl asked. "It's in French, meaning True Love," the boy said as his hand encircled her waist,"Our True Love." 
 
Her eyes got misty as her arms wrapped around his neck. Slowly, the boy lowered his head down, his lips almost touching hers. He stopped and with sweet eyes, he said,"May I?" 
 
The girl smiled, and gave her the answer. Their lips touched, and they had their first kiss under the moonlight. 
 
~•~•~•~•~
 
"Can I take you somewhere else?" Teuk asked Sora after their movie finished. "Depends on where you are taking me," Sora said sweetly. "To a place which is close to my heart," Teuk whispered softly. Sora's heart skipped a bit. He is finally going to tell something really personal, open more about himself. She is really curious about him, although she never asks him anything. This is the first time Teuk is actually talking about himself, and not about SuJu or anything. She wants to know everything about him, his childhood, his family. Everything. "Okay," Sora agreed. 
 
They only had to drive for few minutes, and they pulled over next to a beach. Sora was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the beach as she got out of the car. She smelled the sea scent, and she had nostalgic feeling. This smells like home, Sora thought. Her eyes get teary as she thought about her parents and friends back in NY. She feels...safe? Is that the word for this feeling? It's feels really relaxing. "This makes me miss my home," Sora said wistfully. Teuk grabbed her hand and then headed towards the big rock. On the way, Sora stopped him to remove her heels to walk comfortably. Once they reached the big rock, Teuk crouched down, and Sora followed him. Then, Teuk pointed at something. It looks like some handwriting. "It says "le véritable amour"," Teuk says. "What does that mean?" Sora asks. 
 
"Don't know. When I first came from my house to Seoul for the first time, the place felt really relaxing. At that time, I was facing a lot of things. I had big dreams, and when I felt defeated, I would come here. It feels as if I am safe here, and there is something that pulls me here. You felt like that too, right?" Teuk asked, and Sora nodded. He continued,"And about these words, I really don't want to know the meaning. Because its special for the people who wrote this, it's theirs. It has nothing to do with us, or anything. We don't have the right to pry into their secret. So, I never tried to find out."
 
He is really kind, Sora thought as her eyes gazed at his soft features of his head. Then he turned to her and said,"You are the first time to be here with me. Usually I am always alone."
 
"Liar," Sora said but she knows he isn't lying. His clear eyes showed it, and it touched her heart that she mattered to him. He really mattered to her, he really did, she realized. 
 
Teuk just looked at her, at her pale face, her baby cheeks, her black wavy hair, her luscious lips, and glittering eyes. She looked like an angel to him, a barefooted one, with her heels in her hands. His hand wrapped around her nape, his fingers gently her hair. Sora's whole body shook in delight at his warmth touch. His other hand lingers at her hand, fingers locked with hers, slowly pulling her to his body. His lips slowly touched hers, and they experienced nothing like this before. It felt perfect. It felt as if they already had did it. It felt as if the kiss had touched their soul. They broke their contact, and looked into each other's eyes. 
 
"It's the best kiss I ever had," Sora says. 
 
"Just how many relationships did you had?" Teuk asked, teasing her, but eyes filled with warmth. 
 
"Only two serious relationship back a home. But compared to your relationships , mine didn't last that long," Sora said, teasingly. 
 
Teuk laughed, but before bringing his lips on hers, he asked seriously,"They weren't important, right?"
 
"No, they weren't," Sora said blissfully. Their lips touched again, and magic reappeared again the second time. The first time was when the boy and the girl kissed here, in the exact spot. History repeats.