Guardian

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

I remember that day very clearly. It was the day when all the other trainees in the higher classes go to camp, they learn to work as a team and depend on each other. They go every year with the new batch of trainees. My class doesnt get to go this year because we arent old enough, next year its our turn.. more like they're turn, im still too young to go. 

Because of the camp no one was in the building, only our class and our teacher was there.

It was the middle of the day, right before lunch. We were practicing a new dance routine and we were almost finished. We had made quite a mess of the dance studio with all our snacks and stuff so we had to get the routine done quickly to pack up. 

Today the teacher seemed to be in a very bad mood and he seemed to pick on me the most. once the routine was done he halfheartedly congragulated everyone and told everyone to go have lunch downstairs in the cafeteria. Everyone was happy that the routine was a success and had finished it well. But there was still the giant mess in the room to take care of. I was about to bend down and get my bag to leave when the teacher called my name.

"HyeRim-ah!"

i turned around and walked towards him. "yes?"

"I need you to clean all this mess up"

"Me? By myself!?"

"YES BY YOURSELF NOW GET CRACKIN'!!!"

"But..."

"I SAID NOW!"

i could hear the giggles of my fellow classmates behind me making fun of me. I sadly turned around and started picking up all the big pieces of rubbish.

"And HyeRim?"

"Yes?" i turned back to the teacher

"Dont forget this" and he chucked his soda can towards me with soda flying everywhere splattering me and the ground.

With that the teacher and everyone else filed out of the room and left me alone to clean up the mess.

I was on the verge of tears but i bit them back and told myself, its what i deserve. So i got on my knees and started scrubbing.

*1 Hour Later*

I was finally done with the cleaning and the room was spotless, even better than when the class first started. i silently congragulated myself and grabbed my bag ready to go downstairs to get something to eat. 

As i walked into the cafeteria i could see the others already finishing their meals and ready to go home. i walked up to the counter to go get some food hoping that the cafeteria lady hadnt packed up yet. Luckily she knew i would be coming and saved a bowl of rice and a few side dishes for me. I gratefully thanked her and payed my money then turned around to go find a spot to sit. I found a quiet table in the corner and and sat down. i was just about to start eating when i felt something behind me. i turned around and found all my class mates standing around me with their hailf eaten food trays in their hands. i was about to say something or even scream but it was too late, they had dumped everything onto me. All the food was dumped onto my head, even the soup and side dishes! Then they just all walked away laughing and high fiving each other as they ran out of the room. 

Again, i was on the verge of tears, but couldnt bring myself to cry freely. i stood up silently bent down to clean up most of the mess, so that it wouldnt stain too badly (it was too late for my clothes already).

I silently walked out of the cafetieria dripping with soup, kimchi, some green stuff and sticky rice. I climbed the stairs to the locker room to go find a change of clothes. But as i walked in i saw my classmates getting their bags and stuff ready to go home. I didnt want to let them see me so i tried walking away, but it was too late, that had already seen me and started chasing after me. I ran as fast as i could, 5 agaisnt 1 was never an even fight. They caught up easily and pushed me to the ground. there were 2 boys and 3 girls and all of them around the age of 13. i was only 7, and was no match for theri strength and size. i fell to the ground with a loud "thump". I would feel their sneakers and boots digging into my sides as they kicked me. The girls got ont their knees and started punching and stracthing me. I curled up into a small ball, but it was no use, their punches and kicks somehow still found their way to my center. All i could feel was pain, nothing else but pain. Every single piece of my body felt like it was bruised to the bone. 

Suddenly they all stopped. i could hear them whispering.

"I can hear someone"

"Quick! hide this ratbag in that dance studio!"

They carried my limp body into the dance studio and chucked me inside. i could hear them closing the door behind me and running down the hallway. I couldnt hold it in any longer, i burst into the tears that i have been holding in all year. All the pain and sufferening they put me through burst out.

I was crying so hard that i didnt notice someone outside the door. The door creaked open and a person stuck their head through. The person saw me lying in a pool of cafeteria food and blood and panicked. The person rushed to my side to check if i was okay. it was then that i could c their face, it was Changmin. 

I could see the panic and worry in his eyes as he examined me head to toe. "Are you okay? What happened? Who did this to you?" I could see the anger in his eyes, but i was crying so hard that i didnt have the strength to reply him. 

"Im going to go get help" he stood up and was about to walk away when i grabbed onto trouser leg.

"Dont... go... ple..ase... i dont want to be....alone"

that stopped him, he bent back down and pulled me into an embrace "its ok, i wont leave you"

He stayed holding me until i had finally calmed down.

"Thank You Changmin-ssi for staying here with me"

"Its ok, are you going to tell me what happened?"

"...." i should tell him, but i didnt want everyone knowning. i didnt want to ruin someones furture over some little jealousy.

"come on tell me, that way i can help you"

so i told him the whole story starting from the very beggining. 

Once i finished he became so angry that he almost charged out of the room ready to go get revenge for me, but i stopped him reminding him of the promise he made. 

I was sore from head to toe and couldnt hold myself up any longer so i asked him to help me to the locker room to go home, but before i could stand up i fainted...

All i could remmeber after that was changmin carrying me, and kissing me lightly on the head whispering, "i will stay by your side to guard you"...

And i knew that i had found my guardian...