Home Sweet Home

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

The whole plane ride home was quiet. I didn't say anything, tears would just slide down my cheeks silently. The flight attendants tried to cheer me up with a range of delicious foods, beverages and entertainment, but I just smiled at them and declined their offers. Soon they gave up and gave me some peace and quiet. 

I thought back to the airport. Grandma and grandpa were crying really hard with me. Hugging and not wanting to let go. I ddidn't know what to say to them. Grandma gave me a scarf she had been knitting these past weeks. It was a bright red scarf, at the end of one were the letters "L" and "P" knitted into the scarf with gold wool. I was touched and wrapped it around myself tightly despite the warm weather. Grandpa brought a small velvet box and opened it. It was a small charm, a flower. He picked up my wrist and attached to my charm bracelet from Korea. I looked at the charm braclet. On it were my fellow S.M artist and also a BFF charm bracelet from Anita and Sharon. Now also the flower from grandpa and grandma. I burst into tears once more and hugged both tightly. It was finally time for me to leave... I turned around and walked through the doors to Korea. 

I promised grandma and grandpa I would go back to visit them, and also invite them to Korea to visit. 

 

The plane finally touched down in Korea and I was lead through customs and baggage collection. It was winter in Korea and I pulled on a jacket and wrapped the red scarf around me even tighter. I stepped into the walkway of arrivals and saw that the airport was quite empty. I sighed, guess I would have to take a cab home today. I was still trying to remember where to hail cabs when I heard someone yell my name.

"CHO HYERIM!!!"

i almost ddidn't register the name, as I was so used to the name Isabella now. I turned around to see a small crowd of people rushing towards me. At the front of the crowd I recognized was ChangMin and KyuHyun oppas!!! Following close behind them was BoA unnie, JooHyun unnie and SongQian unnie. 

ChangMin and KyuHyun oppas ran to me and picked me up into a giant hug. Unnies also caught up and joined in the hug. It was only until I saw them, did I realise how much I missed them. Tears started rolling down my face for the hundredth time that day. I squeezed them tight not ever letting them go. 

Finally it was time for us to leave and we all climbed into one of the company"s vans that the others borrowed. ChangMin oppa was driving with KyuHyun oppa sitting next to him. Unnies joined me in the backseats. I had been busy in Australia for a year, and I was really behind in the latest kpop industry news. The others started filling me in with the latest details. 

1. TVXQ's JaeJong, Yoochun and Junsu had filed a lawsuit against S.M Entertainment and have now formed a group called JYJ outside of the company. That only left Yuhno and ChangMin oppa in TVXQ.

2. SNSD's recent hit "Gee" and "Tell Me Your Wish" had become a spectacular hit and had risen SNSD up to the top ranks of the Hallyu Wave.

3. F(X) unnies had debuted with Latchata and have released their second single "Chu~"

4. Sorry, sorry by Super Junior oppas was now a worldwide hit.

5. Kangin oppas left for the army, Kibum oppa left to peruse his acting career and HangGeng oppas also left the company to persue his music career in China. 

6. S.M were kicking off their Concert World Tour, this week starting with one in Seoul.

 

Many of this information was a total shock to me as I would never expect anything like that to happen.

We made our way to TVXQ's dorm as Yunho oppa was at a musical rehearsal and the dorm was empty.

I hadn't been there in such a long time and the place hadn't changed much. It was lunchtime already and SongQian unnie and JooHyun untie started making lunch. BoA unnie had to leave for a schedule, but she said she would be back. 

KyuHyun and ChangMin oppas were busy composing a song. I ddidn't have much to do so I started exploring the dorm. The rooms of the other members were temporarily left empty, because they ddidn't know what to do with it for now. I walked into ChangMin's room. His room was quite clean for a male. I walked around it and saw a picture of our company. It was a group photo, I saw myself in BoA's arms. I saw all of the other artists and trainees of that time. Next to that picture was the same picture in my locket. We were all smiling so happily. My hand went up to the locket and I squeezed it tightly. 

Suddenly there was a quiet knock at the door. JooHyunie unnie stuck her head around the corner. 

"Are you ok? You seem to be very quiet" she asked worried

"Yeah, I'm fine... I was just looking at our photos..."

"Haha, I remember these photos" JooHyunnie smiled and walked in. "You know... ChangMin oppa was the most broken hearted when you left, because right after you left things started going downhill for TVXQ oppas. There were fights everyday in this dorm, and since ChangMin is the maknae, he felt the most torn apart because of his hyungs. I remember one day KyuHyun, SongQian unnie, ChangMin oppa and me went out for dinner. ChangMin oppa was drunk heavily because of the depression he was in. Since SongQian unnie and KyuHyun oppa were both also drunk, and I just recently got my drivers license I had to drive them home. I drove KyuHyun oppa home first, then SongQian unnie and then lastly ChangMin oppa. All the members from Super Junior ans F(x) came out to help me get their members from the car and home, but not one came for ChangMin. I was helping him out of the car when he suddenly broke down into tears, he was broken down and crumbled inside, but since he was the youngest, he didn't want to complain or anything. He dropped to his knees right next to the car and wouldn't stop crying. I could tell he was lost and frightened. It seemed like everyone was leaving him. I got on my knees and hugged him tight trying to reassure him. In the end he fainted. I called Yunho oppa down to help me get him upstairs...."

i could see the sadness in her eyes as she told me the story. I smiled at her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"it's ok unnie, if he is broken down inside, we will just have to work harder to build it back up together!" 

She smiled and pulled me to the living room to eat. 

The week passed by in a blur, everyone was getting ready for the concert and I went back to training. I also signed up for the new school year. I didn't want to fall behind on my studies and everything I learnt in Australia, so I decided to go to school. I would start when the new school year started.

It happened that one day when I was practicing a new dance routine that one of the teachers taught me. I had practiced this dance since noon that day, and it was already 6pm. I had nailed the whole dance in about 3 hours, but I wanted to add a little more "umph" into the dance so I was choreographing. I finished half of the choreograph when I heard some clapping behind me. I turned around and saw one of my fellow trainees, her name was HaRin. She was a few years older than me, but we were in the same class. I only just arrived in her class, but we were already good friends.

"Wow, very impressive HyeRim. No wonder they call you a legend."

"Haha, I'm far from being a legend"

"No your not! Your the youngest in our class, but the best! You've been training since you were 3! No one can best that"

I blushed at her compliment. 

"Anyway, I came here to introduce you to our new classmate, and new trainee. Lee SooMan ajusshi said he told you about the new secret weapon? Well here he is"

From behind HaRin stepped out a young boy, about my age, he had a dark mop of stylish black hair.... When he looked up... Those eyes... That penetrating stare.. All so familiar....I in a shocked breath....