Costume

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

*HyeRim's POV*

"APPA! Sorry we took so long! Lets go!" i waved towards manager standing next to the van.

I ran to him and gave him an almighty hug. I then jumped into the car claiming a spot in the backseat. 

JunYoung was ahead of me and had already taken a spot in the middle row. Since there was only us 2 plus the manager in the car (appa was driving) we could spread out. 

"Appa which salon are we going to?" asked JunYoung.

"Its just the S.M salon around the corner, nothing special. But i must breif you 2 on what you will be doing at the performance today." said appa.

"What is that we will be doing today?" i asked curious, leaning forward in my seat.

"You will be 2 backup dancers for Super Junior." said appa.

"WHATTT!!!" both me and JunYoung yelled at the same time. 

"Calm down, i know its quite sudden, but i only just found out aswell. I thought today you would spend your whole day with Kim SUngJae, but then Lee SooMan-ssi called me and said that he organised it with Super Junior and their manager. Its okay, you 2 will do great!" smiled the manager in the review mirror.

"But we dont even know the dance and the formation!" i said.

"I dont even know what song they are promoting now!" said JunYoung.

Both me and appa went silent... is he serious. We both stared at him in shock. It was an awkward silence for about 10 seconds before the car behind us beeped.

"JunYoung-ah how can you not noe? We have seen them practise and perform the song a million times! We even tried dancing it ourselves!"

"We did? AHHH! its Mr Simple right?"

"Yes!"

"Ahh i didn't know they came back with that song, thought it was somthing else.. sorry misunderstanding." he bowed his head slightly and his face flushed red.

"Hahahahaha!" both me and appa burst into laughter.

"JunYoung-ah my little JunYoung, you must pay more attension!" smiled appa from the front.

"Yea appa, i will" smiled JunYoung sheepishly.

We finally arrived at the salon. Appa ushered us in the salon through the back door, not wanting any paparrazzi to spot us, not that they will recognize us.

Appa brought us a laptop with a recorded video of Super Juniors choreography and explanations on where we would stand and dance. We perform the whole song with them but stand near the back. When the unnies and oppas were busy doing our makeup and hair, me and JunYoung studied the recording tape intently not missing a single second. We watched it over and over again until we even memorized the other Super Junior members positions. But we were still nervous. If we stuff it up, the whole stage will be ruined because of us. 

My heart was pumping so hard in my chest. Our first performance on air. You could call it a debut.. but not official.

Everything was such a blur as Appa thanked the artists for their hard work and pulled me and JunYoung towards the car. I couldnt concentrate. Appa drove with frightening speed towards Music Core. Once we got there we were then ushered into a big spacious waiting room to change into our stage costumes. I stood there dumbfounded too nervous about the performance to do or say anything. 

"BANG" i felt a sharp pang agaisnt my head. I looked around and noticed that EunHyuk oppa and DongHae oppa had both knocked me on the head! What were they doing here? 

"Oppas! What are you doing here?!" 

"What do you think we are doing? Ofcourse trying to catch you guys changing" winked EunHyuk

Both me and DongHae oppa banged him on the head.

"We are actually here to bring you to our waiting room to practise before we go onstage" smiled DongHae as he hooked his arm around EunHyuk's neck and pulled him downwards so that his voice was muffled. 

I laughed. "Okay okay, just let me and JunYoung get change first" 

"Okay, wait... where is JunYoung?" asked DongHae.

I looked around bewildered. Where was he?

"JUNYOUNG? Where are you?" 

"Back here!" i heard a voice come from behind a changing curtain. 

I walked over and pulled the curtain back. There he was standing there. But he had a shocked expression on his face. I looked towards where he was looking. 

OMG

"Are those our costumes?!" 

"I think so...."

I heard DongHae yell goodbye and a door closing after him. We were alone now.

"How do we dance in this?" I asked stunned

"What on earth was appa thinking!" said JunYoung in an equally stunned voice.

"What should we do?" i asked.

"I dunno... i guess we should just put them on. They are labled for us to wear today for Super Junior's stage." sighed JunYoung.

"Damn..." i pulled my one off the rack and walked behind another chaning curtain to change. I stared at the costume. Somehow i visualized this performance to be different. 

I pulled on the costume withot much diffuculty. I just left my tights and singlet on underneath, my other clothes were too bulky to wear underneath. I stuck my head around the curtain and spotted JunYoung sitting in his costume on the couch putting on his shoes. I grabbed my shoes and socks and scuttled over to him and sat down. 

"This is going to be one "amazing" show isnt it" i grumbled.

"Hahaha sure is, at least it comfotable! I didn't wear anything under it!" smiled JunYoung.

"KYAA! TOO MUCH INFORMATION! i dont need to know what you are wearing under the costume." i winced at a flash of a mental  image. I shuddered.

"Hahaha dude, its okay, im not underneath!"

I covered my ears and squeazed my eyes shut. Too much info!!!

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Appa walked in followed by the whole of Super Junior. I was shocked to see Super Junior oppas dressed so glamourously in their colourful shirts and tuxs. 

"Appa, why dont we get to wear something like that?" asked JunYoung.

"I'm sorry, this costume was not my idea, I SWEAR" holding up both his hands in surrender, "It was their idea" he whispered and pointed towards Super Junior.

"REALLY!? HYUNG! How could you do this to us!" yelled JunYoung.

"DongHae oppa EunHyuk oppa is that why you came in our room before? to see our reaction to the costumes?"

"BINGO!" yelled Eunhyuk from the back, but was quickly shut up by DongHae cupping his hand to his mouth.

I turned to KyuHyun and Leeteuk oppas, "Oppa, how could you do this to us? Its our first performance!" i whined.

KyuHyun came over and bent down beside me, he patted me on the head and said, "HyeRim-ah it is because it is your first performance so we are doing this, this way the show will be even more memorable!"  He kissed me on the nose and said, "You both look so cute anyway, so it doesnt matter!"

Before Leeteuk oppa or I could say anything a staff member knocked on the door and yelled, "SUPER JUNIOR, 3 MINS TO PERFORMANCE"

"WHAT?!?! 3 more minutes!!! How could time have flown by so fast!"

"Its okay JunYoung," said YeSung as he patted JunYoung on the back and guided him out the door, "You will do great!"

All of the other members filed out and KyuHyun oppa grabbed my hand, squeezed it in reassurance and pulled me out of the room with him. 

We made our way to waiting area next to the stage. It was Sistar performing their new song Alone. They were great! 

Once their song finished they came off the stage. They walked past me, JunYoung and Super Junior bowing in respect. But when they saw me and JunYoung they stopped. 

"OMG you 2 are so cute! Are you performing aswell?" ushered HyoRin.

"Oh you 2 are just adorable! But i didn't see another extra perforamce on the list" said Bora.

"Are you performing with Super Junior sunbaenims?" asked Dasom from the back.

"I have this exact same costume at home!" laughed SoYou.

Me and JunYoung stood there dumbstruck with all the attension. Before we could answer we were pulled onstage by the Super Junior members. We had to get onstage while the lights were out. I was not used to the dark and bumped into quite a few people. But then SungMin oppa pulled me close and guided me to my spot. I saw Ryeowook do the same to JunYoung. I took a deep breathe and sighed. This is it.

The opening start of the song blared into my ears, me and JunYoung were only dancers and didnt have microphones and headsets but the music was still very loud. In the dance break at the start me and JunYoung did the same moves as the back row. We dance on both sides. I was concentrating so hard on the dance that i didn't notice the crowd start to point to me and JunYoung and start to laugh at us until the first chorous. I blushed deeply, but kept my head up. Throughout the dance Super Junior members guided me through it, pulling me into the correct places, moving slightly infornt of me so that i could see the dance moves and also gave me space to make mistakes. I noticed JunYoung from the corner of my eye and saw that he was laughing and was enjoying the performance a lot. That laugh made me feel cofident and i let go.

I let go of all my worries and just danced. I could see the audience taking pictures of me and JunYoung more than the actual Super Junior members! 

At the end of the dance every one was suppose to turn and make the "Mr. Simple" pose, with me and JunYoung in the middle. But what surprised me was that instead of turning around and posing the other members turned around and bobbed down! They left me and JunYoung in the middle stading up and posing! I was blinded by the final lights and flashing of cameras to catch the final pose. I was shocked. I looked over and JunYoung and he looked equally shocked. 

Before i knew it I was pulled offstage and bundled into a wave of hugs and congratulations. Everyone wanted to take a photo with me and JunYoung. The costume was a new hot topic!

The costume:

Animal-Costume-Lion-Adult-Onesie-Kigurum

Quite the unsual for a kpop performance right? JunYoung was right, at least it was comfortable XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS! Im sorry if this chap was a little boring :/ but i wanted to get this one over and done with so i can quickly move on to the more exciting parts!!!

From peoples opinions X2Y is the most popular name and that is what HyeRIm and JunYoung's duo will be called!!!!

Please suggest any songs u would like to add to their album! Im open to any type of song. And language any genre. 

I quite like the lion costume XD its cute

xoxo