Duo

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

The rest of my time in hospital went by in a blur. SNSD and f(x) unnies both came and visisted me. They were both all so worried. I told them that i was fine and would be up and running before they knew it. We had a good laugh that day before they left for their schedules. BoA and Lee YeonHee unnies also visited me after a few days. Even Lee SooMan ajusshi made an appearance. KyuHyun and ChangMin oppa stayed the most. TVXQ would be having a comeback soon, it was their first comeback in 2 years! and it was the first without the other 3 members. ChangMin and YunHo oppas were still very sad, but they tried focusing on the future and positive things. They already had a great response from their teaser images.

The day i left the hospital, KyuHyun and ChangMin oppas came to pick me up. They took me straight home to rest, and get ready for training the next day. They both insisted on me not going, take a few days off before i start, but i really didn't want to make a big fuss over some small injuries. i went back to training straight away. That night KyuHyun oppa slept at home to look after me. 

The next day both me and KyuHyun oppa got up early to get to the company building to have some alone time to train. Once we got there KyuHyun oppa said he had to go and find the rest of Super Junior to practise their new song. I wandered to my trainee classroom and found no one there. It would be another hour and a half before class started. I wandered throught the hallway until i heard music pumping from the furthest studio in the hall. I snuck over quietly and opened the door slightly. It was a young boy dancing breakdancing! I looked in the mirror more closley and realized it was JunYoung! That familiar mop of stylish black hair was hidden under a cap, but it was still noticable. He was dancing so energetically! He danced and danced using the whole room as his stage. If he ever debuted solo he wouldn't need back up dancers, he could rock the stage perfectly well without them! I stared mesmorized at his dance, until the song ended and he stopped in his ending pose. He still hadn't noticed me yet, so i decided to surprise him. He walked over to the corner where his drink bottle was to take a drink, and when his back was turned i ran in and jumped onto his back clinging with all my might. I felt him freeze under my hands, the shock running through his body. I capped my hands over his eyes. "GUESS WHO!" i said in a deep menacing voice. 

i felt him laugh. "Hmm lemme see..." he put his water bottle down and put his hands over mine, "small soft hands, slightly chipped nails, lighter than you feel, really funny fake low voice... that could only be....CHO HYERIM!" 

"Aww! Your too good!" i dropped my hands from his eyes, and dropped from his back. He was all sweaty and i didn't want to hang on for too long.

"Hahaha its my specialty in guessing people!" he laughed.

There was a silence as he took another swig from his bottle and sat down on the ground. He patted the ground next to him, offereing, and i sat down gratefully.

"That was an awsome dance! Did you choreograph it yourself?" I asked

"Hmm, yea. I like to choreograph my own dances."

"That is awsome! I've tried to, but they're not as good as yours! Mine always seem to be missing something." i sighed.

"Hmm, do you want me to help you fix them?" He offered.

"Really? You would do that for me?" i asked stunned.

"Yeah, i guess." he smiled.

I got up, pulling him up with me. I walked over to the CD player and plugged in my own iPod. I played a dance break from one of the records i downloaded off the internet. It started playing and i walked over into the middle of the room to dance. When i danced everything took over, there was no holding back, everything in my vision was focused on the dance, everything around me disappeared and was replaced by the dance and music. 

It was until the music ended that i finally noticed JunYoung staring intently at me. When he caught my eye he burst into round of applause. I laughed at his reaction, "So? I still think somethings missing."

"yes, indeed. Something is missing."

I showed him the dance once more and we began to fix some parts. It took us the whole 1 and a half hours for us to finally perfect the dance. We had to rush to class in the end because we were late. 

It was near the end of class when we were in the middle of a new dance routine that Lee SooMan ajusshi walked in. He smiled at everyone and asked if he could borrow me and JunYoung for a second. We grabbed our bags and followed Lee SooMan ajusshi out of the classroom. I coul feel the stairs of our fellow class mates burning a whole in my back. I looked at JunYoung quizically, but he just shook his head, mouuthing, "I don't know"

We walked all the way to his office and sat down. Ajusshi walked around to his desk, sat down and placed both of his hands on the table.

"I'm not sure if you 2 know or not, you are both this company's prized possessions. You both are extremley talented and other companies would kill to have you. We are lucky that we found you first. But since both your contracts state that other companies can "loan" you, you arent entirley ours." 

So JunYoung has the same contract as me. Thats a surprise...

"We can't change the contracts now, its too late." He sighed, " Anyway your contracts also state that you will debut around the age of 12. Since now HyeRim you are 11 and JunYoung you are 12 we should be getting ready for your debuts. I've thought alot about how i should debut you 2, I wanted you guys in groups first, but that would cover up all you talents and we don't have enough trainees ready yet. I also thought about you guys debuting as solo artists, but for solo artists you guys are a bit too young. So i've come up with an idea. There is this class of 4 girls and 4 boys, they are trainees and are slightly older than you guys, they arent ready to debut yet, but will be ready in about 2-3 years. I want you guys to join them, to make 2 five member groups, one boy group and one girl group. They will be combatible with each other and the boy and girl versions of each other."

"Then doesn't that mean we are going against our contract? Because we will be 14 and 15 when we debut with them" said JunYoung. I nodded in agreement.

"Thats what i was getting to, instead of you 2 debuting with them, I want you 2 to debut first, as a duo. And then in a few years when the others are ready, join together to become a whole group. I've already talked to the 4 girls and 4 boys, and they seem pretty excited about it. Think of yourselves as advirtisments, letting the world know about your new group."

Me and JunYoung looked at each other.

"Don't feel too bad about it. The others just arent ready to debut yet. You guys are ready, HyeRim, you have been training since you were 3! 8 years is enough of training for anyone! JunYoung, your a natural, your talent seems endless! You will do fine."

Me and JunYoung both smiled shyly at each other. When you put it that way.. things are actually pretty good.

"Your debuts are set of the start of next year. You guys have about half a year to get ready. I'm planning on letting you guys release a full album. Show off your talents. One of the songwriters Kim SungJae and already gotten the main song all sorted for you guys. You guys just have to record and choreograph with one of the choreographers. I will let you chose your choreogrphers as a treat. You guys must have a minimum of 7 songs on your album! You guys can write them yourselves, ask one of the composers to write one for you, or look through the old ones that never have been used. The comcept hasn't been worked out yet. We will make one closer to your debut date."

At that exact moment there was a knock on the door and a young man in his late 20s walked in. He had glasses and a kind face. He looked like a very nice, just married young man. 

"Ahh yes, Choi EunMin! You finally made it! HyeRim, JunYoung, this is your new manager." He waved his hand to the young man.

"Hello, my name is Choi EunMin. Nice to finally meet you." He bowed.

Both me and JunYoung got up, bowed and introduced ourselves.

"Hello, my name is Kim JunYoung"

"Hello, my name is Cho HyeRim"

We all stood there for a second before Lee SooMan ajusshi told us to all sit down. 

"Back to buisness, so this is your new manager. He will manage your food, clothes, make up, schedules, everything! If you want something, ask him, if you want to go out, ask him. He is like your new dad. You guys will be removed from your trainee classes, and instead put on schedules. I've devised a new plan for you guys."

"What?! no more trainee classes? then how to we get ready for our debut?!" i asked stunned.

"Its okay HyeRim, im trying out a new way. Instead of learning from inside the trainee classroom on how to be a celebrity, you guys will go out and learn how to be a celebrity yourselves. I have attatched your schedules you various other SM groups. You are both going to go off to participate in the latest Super Show, follow TVXQ to Music Core, Music Bank and Inkigayo. You will also go to various television shows with varios artists. I have also already devised for you to go onto a drama set, where you can onserve and learn from watching real live recordings. Also don't forget radio recordings."

"Then how to we devise for time to practice and make our new album?" asked JunYoung.

"Its okay, you have only got about 1-2 schedules per day, the rest will be back here in teh building making your new album." said ajusshi.

Me and JunYoung both looked at each other in excitement. We are finally going to debut!!!! We were just about to be dismissed when Lee SooMan ajusshi stopped us once more.

"You guys will be moving into your new apartment soon! EunMin has already tidied and brought everything you need. He wont be living with you, but he will be in the same area. You guys can move in tommorrow. JunYoung we have already told you parents and HyeRim, your parents said they don't mind."

We both stared at each other in shock... everything was happening so fast... How could this be happening? just 30 mins ago we were perfectly normal trainees... now we're going to debut.

"Thats all, you 3 are all dismissed" waved ajusshi. 

We all stood up and filed out the door. When outside Choi EunMin turned to us and smiled, "So, should i treat you both to dinner tonight? We should get to know each other more. Since i am your new "dad"

We all laughed, I think i am liking this manager already. Me and JunYoung looked at each other and linked arms with EunMin, one on each side. 

"YES APPA!" we both yelled in unison.