Sink In

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)

That night. . .

"Yah, hyung! Where the hell are you?" Seungri was talking to Daesung on his cellphone.
He heard the door in the room opened.
"I'm here!" Daesung announced as he entered the room.
He was still holding the cellphone against his ear.
Seungri glared at him as they both ended the call.
Daesung ignored him and looked around the room.

After Youngbae met up with Dara, he called Daesung and Seungri for a drink.
Seungri reserved a VIP room in a club.

"So where is hyung?" Daesung asked, sitting down on the big couch beside Seungri.

Seungri frowned and shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed a bottle of beer from the table.
"I've been calling him for an hour already but he's not picking up." Seungri said sounding so irritated.

Daesung picked the bottle of Vodka on the table and poured it in a glass.
"I wonder how their talk turned out." He said.

They all knew about it.
Chaerin contacted them last night to inform them that Dara had decided to meet up with Youngbae today.

"I think we already know the result." Seungri said sipping his beer.

After ten minutes, somebody barged into their room.
"Friends!" Youngbae yelled and gave out a laugh. "I'm here!" He announced.

He was staggering towards the couch where Daesung was seated.
Both noticed that he was holding a bottle of whiskey in one hand.
Daesung got up and tried to help Youngbae.

"Yah! Wwwhat areeee you doing?" Youngbae asked, slurring his words.
"I'mmmm not yet drunkk." He slumped on the couch.

"This is unbelievable." Seungri said, shaking his head and glaring at Youngbae. "You called us to drink, but you already started without us."

"I'm sorrrrry boys." Youngbae chuckled, his eyes were nearly closed. "I couldn't resist the others' invitation."

Daesung rolled his eyes. "So how was the talk with Dara nuna?" He suddenly asked.

Youngbae was going to drink the whiskey he was holding, but Daesung stopped him.

Youngbae slapped and shooed his hand.

"That's enough hyung!" Daesung demanded. He tried to get the bottle from his hand.
Youngbae glared at him so he just gave up.

Youngbae gulped down some more whiskey and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
His friends watched him as he tried to sit up straight.

"It's over." Youngbae said quietly.
He looked at his friends. "Our relationship is over."

Daesung and Seungri looked at each other with shocked expressions on their faces.

"H-hyung, what do you mean it's over? We thought - " Seungri was cut off by Youngbae's sudden laugh.

The two can't help but stare at him. To their surprise, Youngbae's eyes started to tear.
"She just wants us to be best friends again." Youngbae said wiping the tears falling from his eyes.


*****



The next day. . .

At the Dong Mansion

Youngbae turned off his alarm clock.
He kept tossing and turning in his bed and it was hard for him to get up.
He was having a splitting headache and he is feeling nauseous.
He dragged himself to the bathroom to vomit.
After using the bathroom, he crawled back to his bed and reached for his cellphone that is sitting on the side table.
He called his secretary and informed her that he's not going to work.

Hours later...

Mrs. Dong went down to have her breakfast. She noticed the untouched plate of her son.
She called the one of their maids.

"Didn't my son have breakfast?" She asked.

"Youngbae-sshi hasn't come down yet, Madam." The maid answered.

Upon hearing this, Mrs. Dong went up to check his son.
She knocked but there was no answer so she just walked in.
Mrs. Dong saw her son sleeping with blanket wrapped around him.
She approached him and noticed that he's sweating and shivering.
Worried, she put her hand on his forehead.

"Omo! You're having a fever." She gasped.

Mrs. Dong called the maids to prepare the things she needs to tend to her son.
She was going to give her son a sponge bath so she asked the two maids to leave the room first.
After Mrs. Dong finished, the two maids came back to the room holding the things she requested.
One maid was holding a tray of medicine and a glass of water, the other one was holding a bowl of cold water with a small towel soaked in it.
After giving Youngbae the medicine, she put the cold wet towel on Youngbae's forehead.
She heard Youngbae moaned.

"It's been a long time since you got sick." Mrs. Dong said with a smile. "You must be working too hard."

She turned to the maids. "After four hours, call me in my room so that I can check on him again."
"Ye, Madam." The maids answered.

Mrs. Dong went to her room and called her husband at the office.
"Yoboseyo?" Mr. Dong answered the phone.

"Ye, Yobo." Mrs. Dong greeted. "Youngbae is sick, did his secretary inform you?"

"Not yet." Mr.Dong replied. "I just came out from a meeting. Is he okay?"

"He's having a high fever." Mrs. Dong said. "But I already gave him medicine."

"That's good." Mr. Dong said. "The boy is working hard, I guess." He said with a chuckle.

"I think so too."

"If the fever doesn't subside, call Dr. Song right away." Mr. Dong instructed.

"Ye, arasseo Yobo." Mrs. Dong answered.

*****

At PARKSan Restaurant,

Dara was looking out the window in her office.
There was a knock on the door but she didn't hear it.

"Yah!" She suddenly heard someone called.

She tuned around and saw her brother standing inside her office tapping his foot on the floor.
"Oh, how long have you been standing there?" Dara asked walking towards her desk.

"Long enough to watch you age." Cheondung joked; He went beside her sister and sat at the edge of her desk.

Dara glared at him. "You know, there's a thing called chair. Have you heard of that?" She said hitting his brother's leg.

"What's with you today?" He said, not moving from where he was sitting.

"What do you mean?"

"The window watching thing is not your style nuna." He said grinning.

Dara just gave her brother a sharp look.

"Owwkayy. If you don't want to talk about it, then I'm outta here." He chuckled.

He started to walk away.

"We already talked." Dara suddenly spoke.
Cheondung turned around and went back to her sister's side.

"So how did it go?" He curiously asked.

Dara frowned and sighed. "I don't know if I made the right decision."

Dara told her brother everything that she and Youngbae talked about yesterday.

"Are you happy with your decision?" He asked.

"I don't know." She answered, resting both her elbows on the table with hands under her chin. "I think so. I mean it's better than being enemies right?"

Cheondung shrugged his shoulders.

Dara pouted her lips. "You're no help at all."

"In my opinion, it will take a while for the both of you to adjust from being lovers to best friends again." He said. "Both your situations are complicated."

"What do you mean?" Dara asked.

"If both of you still love each other, which I'm positive that you BOTH still do." He said rolling his eyes. "How can you avoid not getting hurt as you move on?" He stated.

Dara stared at Cheondung.

'The boy's got a point.' She thought.

Cheondung could tell her sister is starting to get rattled.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Hey! You're a tough woman, nuna." He smiled. "I'm sure you can manage."

Dara smiled at her brother.

Cheondung checked his watch. "I'm going out for lunch. Wanna join?" He asked. "My treat."

Dara got up from her chair. "Let's go."



*****


At Kang Resort Construction Company...

Daesung was walking around the building.

"Annyeonghaseyo Kang Daesung-sshi." One of the employees greeted him with a bow.

"Ye annyeonghaseyo!" He smiled and bowed back.

"Annyeonghaseyo Daesung-sshi."

"Ye annyeonghaseyo!"

Daesung is very friendly with their employees, that's why everybody likes him.
He loves to joke with them and mingle with them, especially with the girls.
He's the only son, and like his friend Seungri and Youngbae, he's also the successor of their company.
He has strict parents and they want him to take the company seriously.
Despite his playful image, he works professionally.

Daesung noticed a beautiful lady who he hasn’t seen before standing in the reception area.

He nudged his assistant. "Is she new here in the company?" He whispered.

"Ye Daesung-sshi." His assistant answered.

He grinned and fixed himself as he walked towards the reception.
His assistant followed.

"Why hello there!" He greeted the lady.

The lady was surprised.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo Kang Daesung-sshi." She greeted with a bow.

"I see you're new here." He said smiling brightly.

"Ye," She replied.

"What's your name?"

"Kang Jiyoung."

Daesung's eyes widened. "Omo! We have the same last name." He said giving out a big laugh.

Jiyoung smiled shyly.

Daesung put his elbow on the counter and rested his chin in his hand.

"You know, you look cu--- "

"Uhm Daesung-sshi, Seungri-sshi wishes to speak to you." His assistant interrupted, handing him his cellphone.

"Tell him I'm busy." He was still busy staring at Jiyoung and smiling widely at her.

"He says it's urgent..... Sir."

Daesung frowned and excused himself from Jiyoung. He glared at his secretary.

"Next time, tell him you're not with me. Arasseo, Dongho-sshi?"

"Ye, sajangnim." Dongho replied, bowing his head.

"And don't you have anything better to do than follow me around?"

"Choesonghaeyo sajangnim, but your father specifically instructed me to follow you and remind you about your schedules everyday."

Daesung growled and grabbed the cellphone from him.

"What's up?"  He said on the phone. He started walking towards the lobby with his secretary tailing him.

"Hyung! Did you know that Youngbae hyung is sick?" Seungri said on the other line.

"Huh? I didn't know."

"I called his cellphone earlier to check on him but it was turned off so I called his office. His secretary said that he called in sick." Seungri explained.

"That's bad." Daesung entered the elevator. Dongho pressed the button to where they are heading.

"Should we go visit him?" Seungri asked.

"Not now, we can visit him tomorrow." Daesung replied. "Auntie Dong is there and I'm sure she'll ask us many things. She might even ask us about Dara nuna."

"Oh yeah, you're right." Seungri agreed. "With Youngbae hyung sick, it'll be hard for us to escape her interrogation."

"Free your schedule tomorrow after lunch. We'll visit Youngbae hyung, okay?" Daesung said.

"Got it."


*****


Mrs. Dong was wiping the sweat on Youngbae's face.

"Youngbae-ah, it's dinner time." She said trying to wake Youngbae up. "Eat something will you."

Mrs. Dong is starting to get worried. Youngbae had not eaten anything for the whole day.

"Youngbae-ah," She called. Youngbae was not opening his eyes, but she can hear him something.

"D-d-da-ra.." He moaned.

Mrs. Dong leaned closer to hear what he's saying.

"D-da-ra...” He moaned again.

"Dara?" Mrs. Dong said with a chuckle. "So you're no longer calling for your mother when you're sick, huh?"

Mrs. Dong shook her head while smiling. She fixed his blanket and tucked him into bed.
She checked the humidifier if it's working properly before leaving Youngbae's room quietly.


"How is he?" Mr. Dong asked, adjusting his glasses.
He was sitting in bed reading a book when Mrs. Dong entered the room.
Mrs. Dong sat on her side of the bed and sighed.

"I think we need to call Dr. Song tomorrow." She said. "He still doesn't want to eat anything."

Mr. Dong removed his eyeglasses and placed the book he was reading on the side table.

"What happened to him?" He asked with concern.

"I don't know, Yobo." She replied.

Suddenly, she turned to her husband grinning. "You know what's funny?"

"What?"

"While he was sleeping, he kept on calling Dara's name." She said chuckling. "That boy is so in love with Dara."

Mr. Dong laughed. "Yobo-ah, he's no longer a boy." He said. "He's even old enough to get married."

Mrs. Dong suddenly frowned. "Yeah, you're right."

"Since Youngbae is looking for her, why don't you call Dara tomorrow and invite her over." Mr. Dong suggested. "I'm sure Youngbae would be glad to see her."

"That's a good idea." Mrs. Dong agreed. "Maybe with Dara around, he'll be able to recover fast."



*****


Dara was lying in her bed crying. She still couldn't get over Youngbae.
She was missing him but she couldn't do anything. For the whole day, Youngbae haven't called her.
She tried calling him when she got home from work but his cellphone was turned off.

DARA POV

I know it was my decision to break up with him but why am I like this. I wiped my tears but they still keep pouring.
I know I still love him. But what can I do? I kept staring at my cellphone hoping that he would call.
Please Youngbae, please call me once and tell me that you're okay.

END OF DARA POV

Suddenly Dara's phone vibrated. She quickly checked who it was. It was Seunghyun.
Dara doesn't feel like talking to him tonight. She’s too depressed and she doesn't want Seunghyun to know that.
She just ignored Seunghyun's call.