Respected Decision

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)


"So what does that mean?" Daesung asked reaching into a bag of chips Seungri was holding.

Seungri had just narrated to him what Youngbae had told him earlier.
They are at Youngbae's office waiting for him to finish his work so that they can hang out somewhere.
While he was busy signing some papers, his friends were sitting at the couch talking.

"It means hyung won't be seeing much of Dara nuna for the meantime." Seungri explained to him.

Hearing that, Daesung inched his face closer to him.

"Is he okay with that?" He whispered glancing at their friend.

"Of course not! What kind of a question is that?"

He glared at him. "What I'm asking is, did he agree to nuna's request?"

"Hyung, it's not a request." Seungri pointed out. "It was a decision. A decision that needs to be respected. He doesn't really have a choice."

Daesung frowned and shrugged his shoulders. "Well, if it's me, I'll definitely hold on to her."

"That's what he did before, remember? And this is the result." Seungri stressed, then he chuckled and shook his head. "Now I'm so sure that you have never been in love."

"Yah!" He reacted, throwing him a piece of chip. "You don't know anything."

"Have you ever heard of the saying, 'If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were'?" Seungri grinned.

Daesung's hand landed hard on the back of his neck, he gripped firmly on Seungri's nape making him wince in pain.

"Ah ah, h-hyung."

"Have you ever heard of someone who can't keep his mouth shut and in the end someone successfully did it for him?" He hissed while giving the maknae a warning look.

"Ahhh-ah.. Hyung, I think I don't wanna hear the rest of the story." Seungri squealed.

Daesung released him.

Seungri pouted while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yah! You two! If you can't keep your voices down you can both just leave NOW! “Youngbae snapped at them.

"Sorry." Both bowed and apologized.

"This is what I'm afraid of." Daesung whispered leaning closer to Seungri.

"His temper coming back."

**********

Cheondung entered his sister's office.

"Nuna, have you talked to Chaerin and Jiyong hyung?" He asked.

Dara wrinkled her forehead.

"With Chaerin, yeah, awhile ago." She replied. "With Jiyong, not yet. Wae?"

"What did she say?" He curiously asked, sitting on the chair across her desk.

Dara furrowed her eyebrows, wondering why her brother was so curious.

"She said that I made the right decision and when she comes back we'll talk more ab..." She paused seeing his brother's confused face. "Cheondung-ah, what's this about?"

"Geez nuna, I wasn't talking about your issue." He said irritably. "Have you checked the news?"

She frowned. "What news?"

************

"Yes, babe." Jiyong said. "I know. We're already discussing what to do."

"Alright, don't worry about a thing and do well there, okay?" He gently said. "I'll talk to you later."

He turned his chair to face his lawyers.

"Okay," He started.

"Mr. Han, you can now release the statement that we have prepared for the media."

Lawyer Han stood up and bowed to him.

"Ye, Sajangnim." He left the office.

"As for you Mr. Ko, gather all pertinent evidence in support of this case that I'm filing. I want the one responsible to experience my wrath." Jiyong said.

"If it's proven that Hyuna-sshi is behind this mess, I will file a lawsuit against her." He said calmly but with conviction.


=FLASHBACK=

"Hyuna-sshi," Jiyong said on the phone. "I was about to call you."

"I thought you have already forgotten about me." Hyunah giggled. "I sure hope that I'll be working with you soon."

Jiyong bit his lips.

"Uh Hyuna-sshi," He said. "It's an honor that you chose GD Fam Entertainment to be your second home, but...”

"Don't tell me you're turning down my proposal, Kwon Jiyong-sshi." She cuts him.

"You're talented but I have to be frank here, I don't think you would fit in at our company."

"What??!! Why??"

"I already spoke to the CEO of the company you're working with and he was nice enough to talk to me about your current status with them." He said.

Hyuna didn't speak.

"He mentioned to me that they can't let you go yet. Your contract with them hasn't expired and you still have some issues to settle. Is it true, Hyuna-sshi?"

"W-what?!! That's a lie! What issue are they talking about?"

"He didn't disclose any information just to protect your privacy." Jiyong explained. "I hope you and your company can talk things through."

"This is ridiculous!" Hyuna snapped. "They can't do this to me. YOU can't do this to me."

"Tell me Hyuna-sshi, why do you want to join GD Fam Entertainment?"

Silence.

"Yoboseyo? Are you still there, Hyuna-sshi?"

"Kwon Jiyong." She hissed. "You'll be sorry that you didn't accept me."

=End the Flashback=


When Jiyong finished his meeting with his lawyers, he received a call.

"Dara-ah,"

"Jiyong-ah, I heard about the news. Are you okay?" Dara asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied with a chuckle. "Are you free later?"

**********

At PARKSan Restaurant...

"Nuna, what are you doing here?" Cheondung asked his sister who was sitting alone in their restaurant. "You're not going home yet?"

Dara looked up. "Jiyong's coming tonight. I invited him to have dinner here."

"But we're closed already." He reminded her.

"Don't worry; I'll cook for him instead." She said with a smile.

"Are you sure your fine here alone?" Her brother asked. "I can stay here for awhile if you like."

His cellphone suddenly rang. He checked who was calling and smiled.

"Go now Cheondoongie." Dara said, teasing his brother.

"Are you sure, because I can still-"

"Go! Answer the phone and go."

"Fine." Cheondung ruffled his sister's hair before walking away.


Half an hour later, Jiyong arrived.

"So what's for menu?" He asked sitting opposite to Dara.

"I haven't prepared anything yet." She smiled slyly.

"What?!" He exclaimed looking at his watch. "You invited me here but you haven't prepared anything. Dara-ah, stop joking, I'm really hungry."

"Come with me then." Dara stood up and headed to the kitchen.

Seeing where she was going, Jiyong groaned. "Do I need to help?"


"Salt."

"Here."

"Pepper."

"Here."

"Plate."

Jiyong handed the plate to Dara.

"Now we eat." She announced cheerfully.

"Finally." Rolling his eyes, Jiyong went out of the kitchen carrying a tray of food.

"I can't believe that I have to go through all of this just to eat dinner with you." He complained, sitting on his chair.

"Stop whining," Dara glared at him. "At least I cooked all your favorite dishes."

He smiled. "Kamsahamnida."

While eating, they talked about what's been going on.

Jiyong shared to her the updates on the Hyuna controversy.

"Jincha?" Dara said. "It's a good thing Chaerin didn't go hysterical."

He snorted. "Thank God she's not here. If she was, I can't imagine what she's capable of doing."

Dara giggled.

"It's my aboji that I'm more concerned about." He quietly said.

Dara's face turned serious. "What did uncle said?"

"He was angry of course. He said I need to clear my name or else he'll close down my company."

Her eyes grew wider. "Is he serious?"

"You know him, Dara. He just said those out of frustration. Aboji is always like that."

"Yeah, I know. I remember my 'talk' with him before."

Jiyong chuckled. "Aboji was disappointed back then when he found out that I ended up with Chaerin and not you. He really insisted in talking to you."

Dara shivered. "I thought I was going to die when uncle called me to his office."

"He really adores you, you know."

She laughed. "I know. He almost gave me your mother's ring."

Jiyong laughed with her. "It's funny how things turned out. Now aboji is worried that Chaerin might get affected with all these rumors."

Dara reached for his hand. "You don't have to worry about Chaerin. She trusts you, Jiyong."

He squeezed her hand. "I know. I just don't understand what Hyuna-sshi's motive in doing this."

"And that's what your lawyers need to find out." Dara said.

Jiyong's face suddenly turned serious.

"How about you? How are you handling things? I heard you got drunk last night."

Dara avoided his gaze. "It's a long story. I'm fine now. Let's not talk about it."

He smirked. "You think you can just brush the topic off?"

Jiyong tilted his head. "I have the whole night, Dara."

**********

Seunghyun went home feeling tired.
He has been visiting some of their club branches recently.
Though his father suggested that he takes a driver with him, he insisted on driving on his own.

Lying in bed, he took out his cellphone and check if he received any messages.

He already talked to Jiyong earlier.
He asked about the news and Jiyong mentioned to him that he'll meet up with Dara tonight.
Knowing that his best friend is spending time with Dara, he opted not to call her for the night.

After taking a shower, he went to his balcony holding a glass of red wine.
He sat comfortably on his reclining lounge chair and looks up at the dark sky.
His relaxation was soon interrupted by the ringing of his cellphone.

"Jae?"

"Seunghyun-ah! Where are you?"

"I'm at home, wae?"

"I'm trying to contact Jiyong since this afternoon; I can't seem to reach him. Is he okay? I heard about the news."

"He's fine. He said he has consulted his lawyers and he already issued a statement."

"That's good to hear." Jaejoong said sounding relieved. "What about you? I haven't heard from you after my birthday party. How's Dara-sshi?"

Seunghyun chuckled. "We're both doing well. Just busy with work."

"So... are you two..? You know."

"Yah! We're just friends."

"Dang! You're slow man!"

"Shut up!"

"It's been a long time but still no progress? Aishh! Why can't you be more like Hyun Joong?" Jaejoong teased. "He and Hwangbo nuna are getting married soon."

"Speaking of Hyun Joong," Seunghyun tried to change the subject. "When are they getting married? He hasn't called me yet and I haven't received their invitation."

"They're busy with the wedding preparation. Expect the invitation to arrive probably in a month or so."

"Cool." Seunghyun cheered. "And what about you?"

"The grand opening of my cafe in Kangnam is coming up." Jaejoong announced. "I haven't told the others yet but I'll be sending you guys the invitation next week."

"Advance congratulations."

"Thanks man," Jaejoong laughed. "Oh, don't forget to bring Dara-sshi. I'll send her an invitation too."

"Sure," Seunghyun replied.