The New Guy

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)


The next day....

"I-I'm okay, Minji-ah. Wha-what??!  Who said that?"

Youngbae bit his lower lip while listening to her.

"Yes, I'll be careful."

"Yes, don't worry, I will."

"Ne, thanks for calling. See you soon."

After the call, he slammed his cellphone down on the table.

"Seungri, you big mouth." He muttered while rubbing his face with his uninjured hand.

He tried to get in touch with him but he was not answering so he asked his secretary to call Daesung while he tries to contact Seungri again via cellphone.

After a few minutes, his secretary informed him that his friend is already on the line.

Youngbae quickly grabbed the receiver.

"What on earth did you two do last night?!" He asked in an angry tone. "I asked you both for one, that's one not two, but just one, tiny not huge, only-one-tiny bit of favor."

"Hyung, it wasn't me." Daesung quickly said. "It was Seungri. He's the one who spilled the beans."

His cellphone suddenly vibrated on the table.

He saw Bom's name appeared on the screen.

"I swear I'm gonna kill that rat once I get my hands on him."

He slammed the receiver and answered his cellphone.

"YAH, babo!" He heard Bom yelling on the other line.

He sighs and closes his eyes.

'This is gonna be a long call.' He thought, leaning against his chair.

 
**********

At PARKSan Restaurant...

"What's up?" Dara asked dully, turning her chair.
She was reviewing their monthly inventory records on her computer when her brother came in her office.

"We have to cater two events next week." Cheondung sat across the desk from her and handed the recent booking list.

"And?"

"And... they both are on the same day and time."

A look of irritation flashed across her face upon hearing what he said.

"Aboji called my secretary days ago to schedule one event. She failed to check the dates on our previous records before approving it and now it's already too late to cancel." He explained before his sister could even say a word.

"One more thing," He added, giving her sister an apologetic look. "This is aboji's VIP friend. We can't-"

Dara put the files down and rubbed her temples.

"How many times do I have to keep reminding them that they have to be careful with dates?!" She snaps.

PARKSan Restaurant doesn’t just cater to anyone. They only do special requests from business associates, family, and close friends.
Ever since Dara and Cheondung managed their family business, they always follow their father's golden rule. Be hands-on in managing the business.

Whenever there is a schedule for catering, one of the siblings goes to supervise while the other stays at the restaurant to manage.
They avoid scenarios wherein the restaurant is left with no one to manage.

"I already spoke with my secretary and she's really sorry about the whole thing. Rest assured that this will never happen again, nuna."

"And Aboji already knows about this. He said he'll take over the restaurant while we're out next week." He tries to appease her, knowing that this kind of situation stresses her.

She sighs and nods her head.

"So which one is yours, nuna?"

"I'll take this." She chose one without going through the files.

She placed a crystal paperweight on top of it and turned back to her computer screen.

Cheondung stood up, taking the other file with him.

Before opening the door, he turns around and looks at his sister.

"Is there something wrong, nuna?"

Dara glanced at him. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugs. "You just look kinda... tired or something."

"I didn't get much sleep last night." She simply said.

"Waeyo?"

She picks a folder on her table and held it up. "Brought some work at home."

He nods slowly and walks out.

Dara sighed and leaned her back against her chair.

It was the truth.
She didn't get much sleep last night.
But it's not because of work.
It's because she was thinking about someone.

**********

When Seungri went to the dining room, he was surprised to see his parents having breakfast.

"You're awake." His mother greeted with a smile.

He heard his father grunting words while reading the newspaper.

"When did you arrive?" He asked his mother while taking a seat beside Mr. Lee.

"Early this morning." She leaned forward to put a piece of toast on his son's plate.

"How was your trip?"

"It was good." Mrs. Lee beams, glancing at her husband. "Your father closed another deal."

"That's great." He quietly said, taking a bite of his food.

Mr. Lee folded the newspaper and set it aside.

He stared at his son for awhile and frowned. "When are you ever going to change?"

Hearing his father's words, he just rolled his eyes and continued eating.

This is a common scenario of father and son in the Lee household.
Seungri was always the object of Mr. Lee's frustration.

The Lee couple were doting parents to Seungri when he was young.
They were happy and proud because their only son was smart and obedient.
He does everything his parents tell him to do and they gave him everything he wants in return.

But things started changing when he stepped into adolescence.
His interests changed and these caused conflicts with his father.
 
When it comes to work, Mr. Lee has no problems with Seungri.
Thinking about leaving the company in the hands of his son was never an issue to him for he believes that Seungri is very capable.
The only thing that bothers him is his son's habit of womanizing.

Even though Seungri has the ability to close big business deals and add large sum of money into their company, his way of carefree living has taken its toll on his father's image.

Because of his scandals, Mr. Lee has been the subject of gossips within the business circle.
There are times when he would hear news that Seungri had dated the daughters of his business associates.
It caused him embarrassment knowing that his one and only son is being tagged as one of the playboy bachelors in their society.

"I met with Son Junho-sshi of Triple Steel Corporation in China," His father began. "I was informed that you were dating his youngest daughter."

"WERE." Seungri replied, giving emphasis on the word.

"You dare to answer me like that?!" Mr. Lee raised his voice.

Mrs. Lee placed her hand on her husband's arm.

He cocked an eyebrow at her. "You're son is still sleeping around like... like a... a man ... a gigolo or whatever you call it. He's a total embarrassment!"

Seungri snickered quietly, making his father glare at him.

"That's why we're getting him married as soon as possible." Mrs. Lee said in calm voice.

"What kind of woman in her right mind will agree to marry him? Everyone in Seoul already knows that our son is a player."

Seungri snorted at his father's words.

"That's right omma. I don't think your friends will approve of me as their daughter's husband." He gives her a hopeful look. "Why don't we just forget this whole arranged marriage nonsense, okay?"

Mrs. Lee smiled at her son. "Seungri-ah, when you get married you'll be amaze on how your life will change for the better."

She then turns to her husband. "Yobo, I'm sure our son will stop his playboy ways once we find him a suitable wife."

Mr. Lee scoffs. "What happened to Mr. and Mrs. Jung's daughter? They backed out, I assume."

Mrs. Lee responded with a sad smile.

His eyes narrowed with frustration. "That's it! Your son is hopeless."

"How can we convince our friends to marry their daughter to our son?" He rose up from his seat. "If he ever gets married, I'm absolutely sure the marriage wouldn't last."

With that, he left the dining room.

"Don't mind your father, adeul-ah." Mrs. Lee told her son.

"I'm already used to him, omma." Seungri said quietly while stirring his coffee.

Staring at his mother, he cocked his head to the side. "But he's right you know."

"Ayy. I'm your mother and I believe you'll be a great husband someday." She said reaching forward to hold his hand.

"Don't worry, I'll find someone who is perfect for you."

Seungri just smiled and didn't say anything.

"Be ready next week." She said. "I'll be attending a party and I want you to come with me."


**********

As soon as Daesung arrived at their company building, his secretary met up with him at the lobby and promptly went over his agenda for the day.
But instead of going straight to his office, he went a different route.

"Kang Daesung-sshi, w-where are you going?"

He turns to him and arched an eyebrow. "Dongho-sshi, how long have you been working with me?"

"A-about a year, s-sir." The young employee gulped as he lowers his head.

"Then you should know that your job is just to remind me of my schedule and follow me around."

"Y-ye Daesung-sshi."

His gaze immediately landed at the reception area.

Noticing something was different, he walks over to check.

"Annyeonghaseyo." A new face greeted him with a bow.

He nods and smiles. "Are you new here?"

"Ye, I'm the new receptionist, Kim Heeyun-imnida."

He looks around. "Where's the other receptionist that used to be here."

"Kang Jiyoung-sshi?" Heeyun asked.

"Yes. Yes, Jiyoung-yang. Where is she?"

"I heard that she got assigned to another department." She replied.

He frowned. "Too bad. It really feels boring not seeing her cute face."

He saw the receptionist lowering her gaze. "But you're cute too."


While Daesung made jokes and flirted with the new receptionist, his secretary was on the look out.

Minutes later, Dongho saw someone entered the building with a group of men in suit.

The middle-aged man suddenly stops walking and turned to look at their direction.
With a dark expression on his face, he headed towards them.

Panicking, Dongho tapped his boss' shoulder continuously. "K-Kang D-Daesung-sshi..."

Without looking, Daesung jerks his shoulder. "Yah! Can't you see I'm busy?"

"K-Kang Daesung-sshi," Dongho said shakily.

Heeyun's eyes widened when she saw who was coming their way.

She quickly straightened herself and bowed.

Seeing her action, Daesung turned to look.

"Aboji." He gasped.


**********

Jiyong came out of the recording studio holding the cellphone phone to his ear.

"Yes, dinner tonight would be fine." He said while walking through the hall.

"Okay, same time same place babe."

"Talk to you later. Bye."

When he opened the door to his office, he was surprised to see someone standing by the window.

"Excuse me, but can I help you?"

**********

"Awwwww awwww" Daesung cried while Mr. Kang dragged him by the ear.

Once they were inside the office, his father let him go.

"Ah jincha aboji!!!!" He whined, rubbing his ear while glaring at him. "What was that for? How could you humiliate me in front of our employees?"

Mr. Kang scoffs as he went over to his desk. "Humiliate???!!! You think that was embarrassing???!!!"

He pulled out a magazine from his drawer and slams it on the table for his son to see.

Daesung walks over and picks it up. He gasped when he saw a cover picture of him hugging a girl intimately with bold letters: SON OF A BUSINESS TYCOON AND DAUGHTER OF A FAMOUS PROSECUTOR, LOVE IN THE CLUB.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???!!!" He bellowed. "AISHHHHH!"

Mr. Kang sneered at his son's reaction. "That's what I'm-"

"THEY TOOK A PICTURE OF ME FROM A BAD ANGLE!!! AISHHHH!!! Aboji, eottoke???!!"He groaned as he walks around scanning every pages of the magazine. "LOOK!!! I don't even look good in this one!!! AIGOOO!!!"

He stopped walking and held the magazine up with one hand. "Who took these lousy pictures? WHO?! WHO-OUCH!!!!"
 
"YOU !@#$#$E^*&^$^#%!!!!! HOW COULD YOU%^@#$@^%&!!!" Mr. Kang yelled while hitting his son.

"Awww... Arasseo, arasseo... awww... aboji, stop... awww... please." Daesung begged, cowering from his father. "We were just partying and having fun. The media just made a big deal out of it."

Mr. Kang's eyes blazed. "Who are you kidding, imma??!! Do you really think that your playboy stunts never reached me?? You and your friends have always been the headline of all tabloids and magazines."

"O c'mon, aboji. Don't tell me that you didn't party and have fun like me when you were my age."

"When I was your age I was already married to your mother!!!!"

Daesung gave him a teasing smile. "See, you were even more advanced than me."

Mr. Kang grabs the magazine from his hand and hits his head with it.

"OUCH!!!!! ABOJI!!!"

When his father finally calmed down, he walks back to his desk and takes a seat.

"Sit down; I have something to tell you." He said in a calm but stern voice.

Daesung quickly obeyed.

"Do you remember the resort that we’re working on in Jeju?"

"Ah ye, aboji. What about it?"

Mr. Kang leaned against his chair. "I'm sending you there to check the construction site development."

Daesung's eyes suddenly sparkled with excitement. "No problem, aboji. When do you want me there?"

"Next week." The president handed him a thick document.

Smiling, he accepted it and flipped through the files.

"Uhm aboji... It seems like the resort is only half done." He continued examining the pages.

"And the recent picture shows that they haven't even started on the interior design yet. Even furniture hasn't been decided and..."

When he glanced at his father, he was surprised to see him smirking.

"As you can see, it will take a while for that project to finish. The one who is responsible in supervising the construction had taken a leave of absence due to some personal issues. But I doubt if he is coming back any time soon. We already have a deadline on this and I don't want further delays. We need to open this resort within six months."

"Wait." Daesung widened his eyes. "You mean to tell me that I'm not just checking the site but I'll be staying in Jeju for a long time too????!!!!!"

Mr. Kang nods his head unconcerned. "Three months to be exact."

"MWOH?????!!!" He howled, standing up. "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!"

"Well, I have already decided and the staff there are expecting you." Mr. Kang spoke calmly with a smile. "Consider this you first big project as my successor."

Daesung gawks at him. He started walking around in circles, mumbling words that his father can hear and understand.

"What the hell was he thinking sending me to an island where I have no friends and no social life??? What will happen to all my girls here? Aishhh! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"

Mr. Kang's phone suddenly rang.

"Hwoejangnim, someone is here to see you." His secretary said.

"Send her over." He replied as he looks to his son who was still walking around in circles mumbling. "Son,"

"WHAT???!!!!" He growled.

"I'll be introducing you to someone who is going to help you in this project."

"Great! Just what I really need! Another Dongho!" He messed up his hair in frustration.

They heard a knock and then the door opened.

"Daesung, I'd like you to meet, my friend's daughter."


**********


"No problem, babe." Jiyong said on the phone. "That's a great idea. If they're not busy tell them to join us."

"Alright, we'll see you tonight. Bye." He turned his chair. "I can't believe you didn't tell me you're arriving today, hyung."

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, you did a great job."

"I'm also excited to check out your company."

"How do you find it?" He said, grinning proudly.

"I don't know." His cousin looks around his office. "I think that me being here will add more spice to your company."

Jiyong chuckled. "Then I'm looking forward to whatever flavor you can add in this company."

He extended his hand and his cousin gladly accepted it. "Thank you for coming and welcome aboard to GD-Fam Entertainment, Teddy Park.”

"My pleasure, Kwon Jiyong."

"So, how are you doing?" His voice turned serious.

Teddy shifted in his seat. "Better."

"I'm really sorry about what happened, hyung. I heard about it from uncle."

Teddy just shrugged his shoulders. "It's all good. What's important now is that I'm starting a new life here in Seoul."

Jiyong gave him a knowing smile. "I'm sure you'll like it here."

"By the way, thanks for offering your place, cuz. I promise I'll move out as soon as I'm settled."

He waved off his hand. "Don't worry about it. I heard from uncle that you wanted to stay in a hotel; I told him that I won't let you. You can stay with me as long as you like, hyung."

Teddy laughed. "What are you my mother?"

He gave him a weird look. "Na-ah, I don't think I can ever be like aunt. She's... she's scary."

They both laugh.

"So what do I do now?" Teddy asked, rubbing his hands.

"Well, since it's already lunch time, let's go out and eat first and then I'll tour you around the building."

"Sounds good to me."

**********

"J-Ji-Jiyoung-yang??!!"

"Annyeonghaseyo," The young girl greeted with a bow.

"Have a seat, dear." Mr. Kang ushered her to the couch.

"Kamsahamnida." She politely said as she sat down.

Daesung, still puzzled, went to seat at the other end of the couch.

He darted his eyes from Jiyoung to his father. "S-so you mean to tell me that she's...she's your friend's daughter? How come I haven't seen her before?"

Mr. Kang crosses his legs and nods at his son. "My childhood friend to be exact. He and his family just returned from Japan early this year. I heard that Jiyoung-sshi just finished college and was looking for work. Her father agreed when I offered her a job. She's an interior designer. I'm sure she can help you a lot in Jeju."

"But why was she...?" Daesung asked looking all confused. "Receptionist???"

"Oh that," Mr. Kang chuckled. "This young lady right here wanted to start from the bottom first. That's why she became our temporary receptionist."

His mouth formed an 'O' shape while shifting his gaze towards her.

"Jiyoung-yang," He held out his hand smiling. "I guess we'll be working together then."

"You can call me Kang Ah-Ji." She said shyly as she shook his hand.

His eyes widened. "K-Kang Ah-Ji? As in puppy????!!"

She nods her head and blushed. "Yes. That's my nickname."

He gave out a laugh. "Okay Kang Ah-Ji, you can call me oppa."


**********

Minji was taking her lunch in the cafeteria when her friend, Amber suddenly nudged her.

"Taemin's here." She motioned her head.

They saw Taemin and his friends heading towards their direction.

She readies her smile, but to her surprise he didn't stop nor look at her when they passed by their table.

Her face suddenly dropped when she saw him taking a seat beside his ex-girlfriend on another table.

If that wasn't shocking enough, she saw Sulli greeting him with a kiss on the cheek.

"Did they get back together?" Her friend asked while watching the scene.

Minji was dumbfounded. "I-I-I don't know."

Amber whipped her head towards her. "What?!! You two hang out almost everyday. How can you not know?"

Her face started to twitch, not knowing what to say to her friend.


**********

Youngbae glanced at his watch and sighs when he realized that it's already past lunchtime.
Looking at a bunch of files piled up in front of him makes him want to reconsider his father's offer of him going on an extended vacation.

After his accident, his parents tried to convince him into taking some time off at work.
Knowing that their son is still suffering from depression because of his break up with Dara, they want him to just relax and free his mind from problems.
But as stubborn as he is, he vehemently refused.

To Youngbae, not keeping himself busy will only make him think more about Dara.

He looks at the bento box on his side which his secretary brought in earlier.
His stomach growled all of a sudden, making him chuckle.
He set aside all documents and placed the food in front of him.

There was a knock on his door and his secretary came in holding a familiar box.

"This was delivered for you, Youngbae-sshi." Sanghee said placing it on his table, then she bows before leaving.

He took the box and read the card that came with it.

'Youngbae oppa, Get well soon. Fr. Lee Chaerin'

He opened the box to take a look.
When he saw what's in it, he smiled and shook his head.

It was his favorite caramel cake.

He took out his cellphone and started texting Chaerin with one hand, thanking her for her thoughtfulness.

Though the gesture made him happy, it also made him feel sentimental.
The cake wasn't just his favorite; it was Dara's as well.

Thinking about her again makes him wonder why she didn't even call to check on him.

His thoughts were interrupted when his cellphone started vibrating.
Seeing who it was, his face darkens.

"YAH! SEUNGRAT!!!"


**********

That night, Dara and Seunghyun arrived together at the restaurant where they were supposed to meet Jiyong and Chaerin.

Teddy recognized his cousin's best friend right away so he stood up and gave him a brotherly hug.

"It's been a long time, hyung." Seunghyun chuckled while patting his back.

"It is isn't it?" He pulled away and examined him. "Whoa, you're more handsome than before."

"Ayy, hyung."

He turns his gaze to Dara. "And who is this beautiful lady? Is she your-"

"Hyung," Jiyong called from his seat. "She's Dara, Park Dara. She's our friend."

Dara smiled and politely bowed at him. "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Dara-imnida."

Teddy waved his hands. "Oh, no. Please don't. Drop the formalities and just call me Teddy oppa."


As they settled into their seats, Dara looks around.

"Where are the others?" She asked Chaerin who was sitting beside her.

"Bom's on her way," She replied. "Minji can't come because of some group project that she working on. The three guys... I think they buried themselves in their work."

"I swear those guys are planning to surpass each others wealth." Jiyong said, shaking his head.

"I set up a get together this Saturday, and the guys agreed." Chaerin said, turning to her boyfriend. "Let's have it at your place."

Jiyong shrugs. "Not a problem. Just make sure you're cooking."

Chaerin slyly smiled at him. "Of course, I'll cook." Then she turns to her side. "If unnie is going to help."

Dara gave a scoff and rolled her eyes. "Do I have a choice?"


While waiting for Bom, they talked about Teddy's plan on staying and working in Korea.
Jiyong also shared to his cousin the recent Hyuna incident causing his cousin to laugh like crazy.

"I know right?" Chaerin said to boyfriend's cousin. "I told him that I'll do the negotiation instead, but he didn't want me to."

"Are you crazy?" Jiyong looks at her. "If I let you take over I'm sure the case will still be running until now."

"He's right." Dara giggled. "And this time, Hyuna is the one filing a lawsuit against you."

"Yah, unnie." Her friend glared. "You're making it sound like I'm a war freak."

"No she's not." Seunghyun jumped in while laughing. "She's just telling the truth."

Chaerin groaned. "Not you too, Seunghyun oppa."


When their laughing subsided, Teddy excused himself. "I'll just go to the men's room."


**********

On his way to the men's room, Teddy suddenly bumped into someone who was in a hurry.

Her bag fell to the floor scattering most of her belongings.

"Omo," She gasped.

"Choesonghaeyo." She immediately bowed to him, then crouches down to pick up her things.

Teddy was about to help her when he saw something that caught his interest.

He picks up a book that was lying on the ground.

"Doggie Kingdom?" He read out loud.

The woman snatched it away from his hand and quickly shoves it inside her bag.

She gave him an awkward smile as she gathered the rest of her things.

Teddy helped her up after she was done. She bows to him again and thanks him.

"I like dogs too. I used to have an old english sheepdog." He said to her.

From the look on the woman's face, he can tell that the she was surprised with what he said.

"I'm sorry, but I really have to go now." She bows to him again. "Sorry and thank you."

Teddy smiled as he watched her dashed away.

**********

"Sorry I'm late." Bom sat in an empty chair beside Seunghyun.

She was panting a little as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

"What's up with you?" Chaerin asked.

She looks at her questioningly. "Nothing, why-"

"Why is your face all red?" Dara cuts her off. "Omo, are you blushing?"

Her eyes widened as she quickly touches her face with one hand.

"A-a-ani, why should I?" She forced a laugh while fanning her face. "It's just hot in here."

"Did something happen before you came here?" Chaerin asked her suspiciously.

All eyes where on her. Even the guys were interested.

Seunghyun nudged her. "C'mon tell us Bom."

"Yeah, tell us." Jiyong said, sounding interested. "Anything good happen? Did your parents set you up on another date?"

Bom couldn't control her smile and giddy feeling anymore.

"Ackkkkk..." She shrieks, placing both hands on her cheek. "I think... I think I already found my soul mate."

Hearing what she said, all of them exchanged surprised glances.

"Really?" Jiyong said, amused. "Well, what do you know? The Bominator has found her man."

She ignored his tease and kept giggling.

"No way!" Jiyong exclaimed after confirming she's serious.

"Tell us about him, Bommie." Dara asked excitedly. "Who is he and where did you meet him."

After she delightfully told her friends what she had encountered awhile ago, an eerie silence surrounded them.

"Yah!" Chaerin suddenly barked, making them all jump off their seats.

"How can you just end your conversation with him like that? You could have at least asked him for his name and number."

"I hate to say this but," Jiyong said trying hard not to laugh. "That is definitely a major failure."

Seunghyun snorted earning a hard nudge from Dara.

"But who knows," He said, wincing while rubbing his side. "You might see him again."

"What does he look like anyway?" Chaerin asked boredly, taking a sip of her juice.

Bom taps her chin, trying to recall. "He was wearing a black hoodie with jacket over it, and... he was also wearing a cap on top of his hood."

Her friends exchanged glances again.

"Uhm, unnie." Chaerin wondered. "The cap he was wearing... Was it black? New Era brand maybe?"

She looks at her weirdly. "I don't know what type of cap it is, but yeah, I think it's black."

"Oh" Her friend uttered looking at Jiyong who was grinning.

"Is he tall?" Dara asked.

"Yes he is."

"Teddy hyung!" Seunghyun blurted out loud.

Bom turned to him. "Huh-what?"

She suddenly felt a presence on her other side.

When she turned to look she saw someone taking a seat on the empty chair beside her.

"Bom nuna," Jiyong called her attention. "Meet my cousin, Teddy hyung."

The very moment the person turned to look at her, Bom wanted to die on the spot.

"Oh, it's you." He said, breaking into a huge grin.



 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v