Painful Hangover

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)

Groaning, Youngbae shielded his eyes from the striking ray of sunlight coming from the window.

He peered through his fingers and noticed the familiar bright surrounding.

When he finally realized where he was, he lazily sat up and rubbed his heavy eyelids.

"Aishhh!" He muttered holding his head. "Dammit! I hate hangovers!"

Squinting, he stood up unsteadily from the bed and headed towards the bathroom.


"Did you open the blinds?" Seungri asked, looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Ye, Seungri-sshi." The maid answered.

He nods his head and went back to reading.

A few minutes later, the person he was waiting for entered the dinning room.

"Good morning, hyung!" He greeted his friend enthusiastically. "Sit down and have breakfast."

Youngbae dragged himself at the empty chair across him.

Seungri folded the newspaper and set it aside.

"Hyung, what do you wanna eat? Pancakes, waffles, cereals, bread, pastries... “ He said pointing at the buffet table located on the side of the room.

"Uhm Seungri-ah, is there a party?" Youngbae asked, glancing at the variety of foods. "From what I remember, you said your parents went to China yesterday. Why are there so many foods?"

"Hyung, you know it's always like this whenever you and Daesung hyung are here for sleepover.” He said with a grin.  

"Which reminds me," Youngbae said looking around. "Where is Daesung?"

"He left last night. He said he can't stay because of work." Seungri explained, then he snapped his fingers.

"Oh, do you like korean style breakfast, hyung?" He suddenly asked his friend. "I can have them prepare some dishes for you. What do you want to eat? Just tell me."

"No thanks." Youngbae declined, waving his one hand while the other is holding his head. "I need pills for my headache."

Seungri frowned. "Later hyung. You have to eat first." He signaled the maid. "Serve the haejangguk (Korean Hangover Soup)."

He heard his friend groaning on his chair while holding his head.

"I know you hate soup in the morning, but that's your punishment for getting drunk last night."

**********

"What happened to her?!"

Chaerin and Jiyong were at the airport lobby when she received a call from Minji telling her what happened last night.
To confirm this, she called Bom and asked for details.

"What did HE do to her this time?!" She asked, almost yelling.

Jiyong, who was standing beside her holding a cup of coffee and her small luggage, nudged her.

"What?!" She turned to him with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Lower down your voice, will you?" He whispered, using his eyes to tell her what he meant.

Chaerin looked around and saw people nearby staring at her.

Feeling embarrassed, she forced a smile and bows several times.

"Listen unnie, I'm about to board the plane." Chaerin said. "I'll call you as soon as I arrive in Japan, okay? Bye."

"What was that all about?" Jiyong asked.

"Dara unnie got seriously drunk last night." She sighed, taking the cup of coffee from him.

"Huh? Weren't you with them last night?" Jiyong asked. "I thought Bom's the one with a big problem."

"I thought so too."

"So, what made her drunk?"

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her coffee.

While walking, Chaerin was in deep thoughts. She suddenly stopped in her tracks.

"I knew there was something wrong with her last night. But what could the reason be?" She said in a wondering voice.

Jiyong swung an arm around her shoulder as they started walking again.

"I'll go check on her later." He said. "I'm also curious."

When they reached the boarding gate, Chaerin turned to him and pecked him on the cheek.

"You do that babe then call me, okay?" She said with a smile.

Jiyong leaned and kissed her on the lips.

"You behave in Japan, okay?" He hugs her tightly.

"Hey, it's only three days." She chuckled. "No need to be emotional."

Jiyong snorted. "Who says I'm emotional? I'm celebrating."

"Yah! If I ever caught you cheating on me, you're dead." She warned.

He laughed and handed her luggage.

"Arasseo." He said patting the top of her head. "Good luck, babe. I love you."


Jiyong was driving when his cellphone rang.

"Ne, Yoojin-sshi." He said. "I'm on my way."


**********

Bom was done preparing breakfast when Dara came into the kitchen.

She was rubbing her eyes while heading to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"You're awake." Bom greeted her with a smirk. "Finally!”

Dara was holding her head as she sat on the stool by the counter.

"Good morning to you too." She mumbled. "Bommie-ah, please hand me some painkillers."

Bom rolled her eyes while placing a bowl of soup in front of her.

"Drink it." She commanded.

"Painkillers."

"Drink that first."

"Painkillers first." Dara whined.

"Agghhh!" Bom gritted her teeth as she stomped her way to the medicine cabinet.

"Thanks!"


Half way through their breakfast, Bom kept stealing glances at her friend.

"Bommie-ah, stop doing that. I'm eating." Dara said, spooning soup into .

Bom scoffed as she put one elbow on the table and rested her chin in her hand.

"Is it good?" She asked while examining her nails.

Without looking at her, Dara nods her head.

"New recipe?"

"I don't know." Bom replied, looking sideways. "Why don't you ask Seunghyun?"

On queue, Dara choked on the food that she just put inside .

"Gah!" She gasped while coughing and hitting her chest.

"Omo!" Bom quickly grabbed the glass of juice beside her and gave it to Dara.

While she was drinking, Bom went to her side and patted her back.

"Aigoo." She said. "Be careful when you're eating."

"Is Seunghyun here?" Dara asked while looking around.

Bom burst out laughing at the sight of her panic-stricken friend.

Dara frowned. "Yah!"

"You should've seen your face." She shrieked while clutching her stomach.

"Yah!"

"Aigoo! You're unbelievable, Dara-ah." She said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"You haven't answered my question, Bom. Where's Seunghyun?"

"Babo-yah, he's not here. Well, he was... but he went home already."

"Complete information please." Dara demanded.

 Bom went back to her seat and clasped her hands over the table.

"He's the one who brought you here last night. He--"

"But why? Where were you? I mean, what were you girls doing? Why was he here? How did he know?" Dara frantically asked whatever came into her mind.

"Whoa!" Bom held her hands up. "One question at a time, dear."

"Bom." She whined while messing up her hair.

"Okay, okay." Bom said rolling her eyes. "You were drunk, he called your cellphone, I asked for help, and that's about it."

Dara's eyes widened. "You and Minji were there. You two could have just brought me here on your own." She said whining.

"Just a reminder my dear friend." Bom said arching an eyebrow. "I didn't bring my car last night because I was planning to get drunk. Minji came with Chaerin. In short, we don't have our cars with us."

"But I have my car!" Dara reasoned out. "Why didn't you use it? Agggghhh!!!"

"I know, I know," Bom knowingly replied.  “But-“

"But?"

Bom smiled slyly at her. "I sought for divine intervention." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Divine intervention?" Dara grimaced in disbelief.

"Out of the blue Seunghyun called when we were thinking of what to do with you." Bom explained, then she dramatically looks up to the ceiling and put her hands over her chest.

"It’s like fate." She sighs dreamily, then she glanced back at Dara. "Do you think I'll just let that pass?"

"Yah, PARK BOM!!!"


**********

"Hyung, do you mind if I tag along with you today?"

"Why? Don't you have work?" Youngbae asked, sipping his tea.

"Nah, I finished everything yesterday." Seungri replied while stretching his arms. "Since aboji is not around, I wanna unwind a bit."

Youngbae chuckled while shaking his head. "Fine. But you might get bored though."

"No worries, I have a date later this afternoon. I'll leave after lunch. I just don't wanna stay in my office doing nothing."


A maid entered the dinning room and approached Seungri. She handed him a cellphone.

"Thank you." Seungri turned to his friend and gave it to him.

Youngbae checked his cellphone and furrowed his eyebrows seeing several missed calls from Minji.

Seungri noticed his reaction. "Waeyo, hyung?"

"Did Minji called you last night?" He asked while scanning his cellphone.

"Why would she call me?" Seungri asked raising an eyebrow.

Youngbae shrugged his shoulder and put the cellphone against his ear.

"Minji-ah,"

**********

Minji was in class when her cellphone vibrated.

She excused herself and headed to the girl's washroom.

"Youngbae oppa." She answered.

"Minji-ah, what’s up?"

"Oppa, why didn’t you answer your phone last night." She asked.

"I'm sorry, I slept early."

"Oppa,"

"Ne, what is it?"

"Dara-unnie got drunk last night."

**********

Youngbae's eyes widened. The news woke up all his senses.
 
"What?!" He exclaimed. "Is she okay?" His 'concern' instinct for Dara just naturally flowed.

Seungri looked up from his plate, wondering what made his friend suddenly anxious.

"Oppa, she's fine now." Minji told him. "I was calling you last night so that you could pick her up at the club."

Youngbae ran his hand over his head.

"The club?" He repeated. “Who were you girls with? Who sent her home? "

Silence on the other line.

"Minji-ah," He called. "Are you still there?"

"Y-ye, oppa." Minji quietly answered.

"Who sent her home?" He repeated.

"Seunghyun oppa," She slowly said.

Youngbae furrowed her eyebrows and sat up straight.

"S-Seunghyun?"  He asked gripping his cellphone tightly.

Hearing that Seunghyun was with her last night made him uneasy, but he managed to calm himself.

"Ye. But Bom unnie was with her too, in fact, she slept at Dara unnie's place."

"And Seunghyun?" He quickly asked.

"He left after Dara unnie was settled,"

Youngbae closed his eyes in relief.

**********

Dara looked at her friend in disgust.

"It's a good thing that the two girls are not here." She said. "I can just imagine their reaction seeing the Bominator acting like that."

Bom cocked an eyebrow at her. "What's wrong with me?"

Dara imitated what she did. “It’s like fate." She said feigning a sigh.

Her face quickly turned serious then she glared at Bom. "Yah! You should be worrying about your arranged marriage."

Bom face instantly turned dark.

Seeing this, Dara felt sorry for her friend.

She went to her friend's side and put her arms around her.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I should be the one helping you last night but I made you take care of me instead."

"I'll only accept your apology if you tell me what made you drunk." Bom said glaring at her.


**********

Youngbae wanted to express more of his concern about Dara, but he suddenly remembered the talk he had with her.

"Minji-ah." He tried to sound as calmly as he can. "Thanks for telling me this."

"No problem, oppa.” Minji said. “Are you going to see her later?"

"I don't think I can."

"Waeyo, oppa?"  

"I'm busy with work."

"Is that so?"


After they ended their call, Seungri was already wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Care to share?" He asked Youngbae.

"It was nothing." He simply replied not looking at him.

"Since when did Dara nuna become 'nothing'?" Seungri kept his eyes fixed on his friend. "You know that Daesung hyung and I will not accept 'nothing' as an explanation."