The Long Night

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)


Days, weeks, and months have passed...

Youngbae and Dara have somehow overcome the awkwardness of their new relationship.
Little by little, Dara was able to let go of the pain she was feeling.

Youngbae and Seunghyun managed to patched things up for her sake.
Although both men secretly kept their feelings for her, they still can't hide their silent war when it comes to competing for her attention.

Seunghyun, like Youngbae, remained at Dara's side.
He silently waits for his chance and held on to the thought that someday she might decide to open up her heart.

While Youngbae, on the other hand,  still hopes that in time he and Dara can get back together.

**********

It was the grand opening of Chaerin's new fashion boutique.
Socialites, fashion designers, and celebrities were all invited in this special event.

Chaerin was all over the place, greeting and entertaining her guests with the help of her parents and her boyfriend.

It wasn't just a busy night for her but for her friend, Dara, as well.
Since it's PARKSan who is catering for the event, Dara made sure that all demands are met.

Youngbae arrived at the venue at the same time as his friends, Daesung and Seungri.

"What floor was it again?" Daesung asked when they entered the elevator from the basement parking lot.

"Fourth floor, auditorium." Youngbae answered, leaning against the elevator wall.

Daesung pressed the button.

"Uhm guys," Seungri said looking up from his cellphone. "Jiyong said beware of reporters."

"Tch, like we're not used to them." Daesung snorted.

"I think you're forgetting something, hyung." From the moment Seungri spoke, the elevator door opened.

They were greeted by flashing lights from a mob of photographers.

"We don't have our bodyguards with us." Seungri gulped as he shielded his eyes from the flashing lights.

"Dammit!" Daesung muttered.


As the three men stepped onto the mini red carpet, media reporters and cameramen dashed towards them.

"It's been a long time seeing you guys together in an event." One reporter said.

"What can you say about the three of you being part of the Top Five Hot Bachelors in Seoul?"

The three laughed at the question and continued walking, ignoring the reporters.

When they reached the area where media reporters where not allowed to enter, guests who recognized them started greeting them.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo."

Until finally Jiyong showed up.

"Hey, you're finally here." He greeted.

"This place is huge, man." Seungri examined the area.

"Chaerin' s parents wanted this building to be CL-Roo's main boutique in Seoul." Jiyong explained. "Chaerin's got everything she needs here."

"I noticed from the elevator that there are five floors." Youngbae said. "For a boutique, don't you think it's kinda big?"

Jiyong shook his head and chuckled.

"First floor is the shop, second is the office, third is the factory, and this floor is the mini auditorium." He paused for a minute then he gave the guys a mischievous smile.

"Fifth floor is the clubhouse. That’s were we can hang out and party."

"Alright!" Seungri exclaimed, giving him a high-five.

Youngbae was amazed. "Cool."

He turned to look at a narrow runway located in the middle.

They saw a lot of models walking around.

There are some celebrities that they are familiar with.

"Hey is that KARA?" Seungri asked pointing near the runway. "Omo, it's After School!"

"T-ara's also here." Daesung whispered with eyes wide open.

Seeing the boys’ expression, Jiyong couldn't help but laugh.

"Chaerin and I invited them. Signing up some of these artists for CL-Roo's Clothing Line is still under negotiation." He explained.

Minutes later, Seunghyun arrived and joined them.

"Wow, congratulations bro." He greeted his best friend with a pat on the back.

"You mean to Chaerin, right?" Jiyong laughed.

"Does it matter?" He chuckled. "Her success is your success, vice-versa."

"Shut up!" Jiyong punched Seunghyun on the shoulder.

The boys laughed.

"Good thing you survived those reporters at the entrance." Youngbae said to Seunghyun.

He rolled his eyes. "Can you believe their questions? It's not even related to this event."

"Is it about the Top Five Hot Bachelors?" Seungri asked, grinning.

Seunghyun gave out a laugh. "I can't believe they have to ask that."

"Lucky for you that you were asked about that." Jiyong commented, pretending to be disappointed.

"I'm also one of the top five hot bachelors but I was asked when will Chaerin and I get married."

The guys burst out laughing.

"Guys!" They heard someone called.

They saw Bom, Minji, and Dara standing near the buffet table waving at them.


"Dara nuna, what's for menu?" Seungri asked, putting his arm around Dara's shoulder.

"All your favorite." She answered with a smile.

"Wow!"

"Where's Chaerin by the way?" Youngbae asked.

Jiyong looks around.

"There she is." Minji said.

They saw Chaerin smiling while heading towards them.

They all congratulated her.

"Thanks guys!" She replied, hugging each and everyone.

Jiyong gave her a kiss on the lips.

"Are you happy, babe?" He asked, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Very much." She replied, smiling sweetly at him.

The boys coughed while the girls giggled.

"Ehem!"

"Cough!"

The couple laughed.

"C'mon guys, let's get to our seats, the show is about to start." Chaerin said.

**********

After the fashion show and dinner, some of the guys and girls mingled with the other guests.
Daesung and Seungri went to meet with the artists and models.
Minji saw a couple of her friends from the university.
Jiyong was discussing business matters with some CEOs of famous entertainment companies.
Chaerin was still busy with her other guests.

Dara and Bom went to get some drinks at the buffet table where Seunghyun and Youngbae were standing and chatting.

"Hey," Bom greeted the two.

"Drinks?" Youngbae asked, handing a glass of wine to her while Seunghyun handed one to Dara.

"So what are you guys talking about?" Bom asked, sipping her wine.

"Nothing much, just some business matters." Youngbae answered.

She frowned. "Running a business is tough, huh?"

"Pretty much." He replied with a nod.

"The grand opening of CL-Roo's boutique was a success, don't you think?" She said to them.

"I must say so." Dara agreed."Chaerin really worked hard for this."

"Can't wait for my graduation." Bom said dreamily.

"I can't believe I still have three years to finish veterinary school before my parents can allow me to have my own clinic." She sighed.

"How's your family veterinary clinic, Bommie?" Youngbae asked.

"It's doing well. Everyday we have animals brought to us for treatment." She said, beaming.

"Boss needs his vaccine by the way." She reminded him.

Youngbae scratched his head looking embarrassed. "Sorry Bommie, I almost forgot."

She raised her eyebrow. "Do I always have to remind you about what your dog needs?"

Seunghyun and Dara laughed.

"You really do love animals, don’t you?" Seunghyun asked, chuckling.

"I sure do." Bom said with sparkles in her eyes.

"I'll bring Charlie to you this week for a check up then." He said.

"Sure, I'll take good care of him." Bom replied happily. "I'll groom him like Boss and Gaho."

They were having fun talking about her love for animals when Dara suddenly remembered her brother.

Her eyes roamed around and Seunghyun noticed.

"Looking for Cheondung?" He asked, nudging Dara lightly.

He pointed to a crowd of ladies at the corner.

"Someone's having fun tonight." Youngbae chuckled.

Dara just smiled as she watched her brother mingled with some girls.

"Oppa!" They heard someone called.

They all turned to look.

"Seunghyun oppa?" A tall girl with long hair approached them.

It didn't take a long time for them to recognize who she was.

"Kim Yoojin?" Seunghyun said looking surprised.

"Oppa, I knew it was you." The girl went to Seunghyun and gave him a hug.

He hugs her in return.

Watching the scene got the others confused.

Bom leaned closer to Dara.

"Isn't that Uee of After School?"

"I-I think so." She said while staring at the two.

When they were done with their greetings, Seunghyun introduced Uee to his friends.

"As you all know, this is Uee of After School." He said with a smile.

"Her real name actually is Kim Yoojin. She's a family friend."

"Annyeonghaseyo." Uee greeted them with a bow.

The others greeted in return.

After Seunghyun introduced them, there was an awkward silence.

"So are you here to sign up with CL-Roo's Clothing line?" Seunghyun suddenly asked Uee.

"Hopefully." She said with a laugh. "So you know Chaerin-sshi also, oppa?"

He nodded his head but before he could explain Uee grabbed his arm.

"Is it okay oppa if I borrow you for a sec? I just want to introduced you to the girls."

Seunghyun excused himself.

Dara watched as Uee held on to his arm and dragged her to somewhere.

Without her knowing, Youngbae was watching her as well.

"I don't think Seunghyun likes her, so don't worry about it." Bom whispered to her.

Dara turned to her with puzzled expression. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing." Bom replied shaking her head as she took another glass of wine from the buffet table.

Jiyong came to join them.

"Where are the others?" He asked.

Bom shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't know where the others are, but Seunghyun is busy with his "FAMILY FRIEND"." She said emphasizing at the word "family friend".

"Family friend?" Jiyong asked, looking confused.

Youngbae chuckled. "C'mon Bommie."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Where is he?" Jiyong asked Dara.

Dara motioned her head to where Uee and Seunghyun are.

"Oh, it's Yoojin." He suddenly said.

"You know here too?" Dara asked in surprise. "I mean, yeah she's from After School but are you close to her?"

"Yup, she's a childhood friend of Seunghyun." He answered.

"I remember when Seunghyun and I were kids, Yoojin's father would visit Uncle Choi once a year, and he would bring Yoojin along to play with us."

Dara just nodded her head.

"Youngbae oppa!" Another voice of a woman called.

When they turned to look, all of them gasped.
 
"Yuri?" Dara, Youngbae and Jiyong said at the same time.

"Hi guys." She greeted them cheerfully.

"So how are you all doing? It's been a long time."

Youngbae, Dara and Jiyong just stared at her in surprise.

Yuri noticed Bom standing next to Dara with her arms crossed.
 It was obvious that she was ignoring her.

"Hi Bom-sshi." She tried greeting her again.

Bom just gave her a forced fake smile.

Yuri chuckled accepting the sarcastic response from her.

Kwon Yuri is one of Youngbae's ex-girlfriend during college, that's before he met Angela Lee.
Dara knew a lot about her since Youngbae doesn't keep anything from her.
As far as Dara could remember, she's one of the clingy girlfriends.
When Youngbae got tired of her, he begged Dara to pretend to be his girlfriend just to get rid of her.
Dara remembered how difficult it was for her to do the task but she managed to pull through.

Youngbae was surprised to see his ex-girlfriend on a rare occasion.
Her presence made him very uncomfortable.
He glanced at Dara but he couldn't tell what she was thinking.

Yuri sensing the tension, looks at Youngbae then to Dara.

"So, you two...” She said pointing at Dara and Youngbae. "Are you still...?"

Bom coughed loudly. "Oh excuse me, It's seems like, I'm allergic to something here."

She turned to Dara. "Can you come with me to the ladies' room?"

"Okay, sure." She said putting down her drink. The two excused themselves.

Just when they're about to leave Chaerin appeared.

"Unnie-deul, where you going?" She asked with a big smile.

Before Bom and Dara could answer.

"Dara unnie and Bom Unnie, this is Flower Boy, Lee Min Ho-sshi." She introduced the guy behind her.

Now standing beside her was a tall guy with a beautiful face that could launch a thousand ships.

“Nice to meet you, ladies." He greeted them with a bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Minho-sshi." Dara greeted shyly.

Bom was staring at the guy with mouth half open, but still she managed to greet him.

"Nice to meet you too, Lee Minho-sshi."

"Just call me Minho." He said warmly to them.

He was also introduced to Jiyong and Youngbae.

Yuri took the liberty to introduce herself.

"Oppa, I've watched your drama Boys Over Flowers and I love it." She gushes.

"Thank you, Yuri-sshi." He simply replied then he glanced back to Dara.

"I invited Minho oppa to sign up for CL-Roo Clothing Line." Chaerin announced with a smile. "And he accepted it."

"That's wonderful, Chaerin-ah." Dara said, holding her friends hand.

Jiyong went to Chaerin's side and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I'm happy for you, babe." He kissed her on the cheek.

"Thanks oppa." Chaerin smiled at him then she turned to Dara.

"And Dara unnie," She said, winking at her. "Minho-sshi wanted to meet the one responsible for the savory foods that were served here tonight."

Dara blushed upon hearing what her friend said.

"I heard that the owner of the famous PARKSan Restaurant has a lovely daughter." Minho said giving her a sly smile. "I'm glad I was able to meet you, Park Dara-sshi."

Her face turned redder.


Youngbae didn't like what he was seeing and hearing at that very moment.

He wanted to take Dara away but he knows it's unnecessary.


Jiyong glanced at Youngbae and he could read that he's not happy with the interaction of Dara and Minho.
He nudged Chaerin.
When she turned to look at him he motioned his eyes at Youngbae.

Chaerin just rolled her eyes.

While Dara and Minho were talking, the others continued chatting.

"Yah! Youngbae oppa." Yuri said waving her hand in front of his face.

"Yes, Yuri?" He said as he blinked.

"Can I talk to you in private?" She asked pulling his arm.

He left without excusing himself.

**********

Seunghyun was introduced by Uee to the other members of After School.

"Whoa! Uee, you have a very handsome friend here." Gahee exclaimed.

"Yah, unnie, don't scare him." Uee said with a laugh, still holding on to Seunghyun's arm.

"So you're the oppa, Uee was talking about." Jung-ah said looking at him from head to foot.

"No wonder she couldn't stop bragging about you." She said giving him a teasing smile.

"Yah, you're embarrassing me unnie." Uee said hiding at Seunghyun's back.

He chuckled.

"Why are you hiding?" He asked. "You've been talking about me all these time, huh?"

While they talked about Uee and Seunghyun's childhood days, Seunghyun glanced to where his friends are.

He saw a girl pulling Youngbae away from the others while Dara was busy talking to a man he doesn't know.

'Who could he be?' He thought.

"Oppa." Uee called his attention.

"Yes, Uee."

"Who is she?" Uee asked motioning his head to where he was looking.

"Who? Dara?" He asked.

She nodded her head. "The one you're looking at, oppa."

He lowered his gaze.

Staring at the glass of wine he's holding, he just smiled.

"Is she your friend?" She asked curiously.

"Yes, she is my friend."

"Oh, I forgot to ask you," She suddenly said. "How did you know Lee Chaerin?"

"She's my best friend girlfriend." Seunghyun explained. ”Do you still remember, Jiyong?"

"Jiyong oppa?" Her eyes widened.

"Of course I still remember him. Is he around?" She asked excitedly.

Seunghyun motioned his head to where Jiyong is standing.

"Omo! Jiyong oppa is Kwon Jiyong of GD-Fam Entertainment?!" Uee said in shock.

He smiled. "Yup."

"I can't believe it." She said shaking her head. "I barely recognized him. He's much cuter now than before."

Seunghyun laughed.


**********

Dara noticed that Youngbae was no longer around when Chaerin, Bom, and Jiyong excuse themselves.
While talking to Minho, her eyes roamed around checking where Youngbae is.
Later, she found him standing at a corner smiling and talking to Yuri.

The sight made her a bit distracted.

To her surprise, Youngbae caught her looking at him.

Her focus immediately shifted to Minho who's still talking nonstop.
She took a deep breath while listening to him talk about his hectic schedules.

"Are you okay Dara-sshi?" He asked when he saw her looking uninterested.

She smiled weakly at him.

"Yes I'm fine." She said. "Just tired I guess."

"Too bad I need to shoot later." He said while glancing at his watch. "I was planning to drive you home."

"No, it's okay Minho-sshi." She said. "I'm with my brother."

"How about inviting you for lunch or dinner sometime." He asked with a smile.

Dara smiled shyly but before she could answer, Youngbae appeared.

"Hi,” Youngbae said offering his hand to Minho.

Minho was surprised but he accepted and shook his hand.

"Dong Youngbae-sshi, right?" He asked.

"Yes, Lee Minho-sshi. I know we've been introduced but I just want to do it formally." He smiled then he glanced at Dara.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked innocently.

Dara quickly shook her head.

"Actually," Minho spoke, looking down at the glass of wine he's holding.

"I was inviting her for a date, Youngbae-sshi."

Youngbae turned to look at him with a smirk on his face. "Really?"

Minho smirked back.

"What a good timing for you to join us." He said in sarcastic manner.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Youngbae asked raising his eyebrow.

Dara is getting confused as to where the conversation is going.

"Dong Youngbae, successor of Dong Plaza Hotel." Minho started.

"The ex-boyfriend of Park Dara, daughter of Seoul's famous restaurateur." He continued.

Youngbae's facial expression started to change and Dara didn't like what was happening.

"Amazing! It seems like you've done your research." Youngbae chuckled.

"Minho-sshi, I don't think it's proper to even say that-" Dara cut in but was interrupted.

"I'm sorry Dara-sshi," Minho said to her.

"Isn't it surprising that Youngbae-sshi would show up when I was asking you out? Is he spying on you? Maybe he forgot that you're no longer together."

"Lee Minho-sshi!" She warned him raising her voice.

Youngbae put his hand on Dara's shoulder.

"No Dara, it's my fault." Youngbae said softly to her. "I shouldn't have interfered."

Dara ignored his words.

She looked like she is about to explode.

She flashed a glared at Minho, who failed to notice.

Before she could open Youngbae grabbed her hand and pulled her somewhere.

Minho was left speechless and defeated for no reason at all.