The Aftermath

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)



Four days later. . .

"Cheondoongie!" Dara called, poking her head into her brother's office.

She rushed to her brother who was busy signing some papers.
Dara put the bag of food she's holding on his table and wrapped her arms around her brother's neck making him unable to breathe.

"Yah nuna!" He gasped.

Dara laughed and released him from her tight embrace.
She sat in the chair across from Cheondung.

"What's up?" He asked straightening his suit.

She put her elbow on the table resting her chin on one hand as she watched him scan some papers.

Feeling his sister's eyes on him, he glanced back.
"Are you done with work?" He asked.

Dara nodded.

Cheondung put down the papers he was holding and observed his sister.
Dara noticed him giving her a weird look.
"Yah! Wae?" She asked.

He gave out a chuckle and went back to what he was doing before she distracted her.
"You're asking me when you're the one who came here in my office and not saying anything."

Dara frowned and pouted her lips. "Why?" She asked.
"Can't I come here and visit my dongsaeng?"

Cheondung snorted, not looking at Dara.
"Just tell me what you need so that you can stop disturbing me here." He said.

Dara glared at her him. "Tch, what a workaholic!"  

She slowly got up from the chair, walking her fingers on the table and went to his side.
Cheondung sensed that she was on her naughty mode again so he quickly got up from his chair and blocked himself with his hands.

Dara gave him an evil grin.

"Nuna, if you're planning to wrestle me here, I swear, I won't hold back." He warned her, as he prepared himself for his sister's attack.

Dara burst out laughing. "Babo! I just want to hug my lil bro." She said.

Cheondung rolled his eyes as he went back to his seat.

Dara was still laughing beside him.

He glared at her while he gently pushed her away.

Even if Dara was older than him, he acts more mature than her.
He sometimes thinks that he is more of an "oppa" than a "dongsaeng" to Dara.

Dara threw herself at him.

"Aren't you hugging me too much lately?" He asked sounding annoyed.

"Wae?" She asked releasing her brother. "I can't hug my brother now? Will someone get mad or jealous?" She teased.

He just sighed and shook his head.

"I'm just wondering," Dara said as she sat on the edge of the table beside her brother. "Not once have you introduced me to the girls you've dated."

Cheondung raised an eyebrow at her sister and snickered.

"Don't tell me you haven't had a girlfriend?" She asked with eyes widened. "You already graduated and have a stable job here in our family business." She continued. "Not to mention, the NEXT and ONLY successor of our family business. Don't you think you should meet some girls now and date?"

Cheondung gave her sister a serious look.

"Nuna, like what you've said. The SUCCESSOR of our family business. That means I'm always busy."

Dara stood up and reached for the bag of food she placed on the table earlier.
"Even if you're busy you could still make time, right?" Dara said, laying down the food containers on the table one by one. "I mean, you can't just give up your social life or love life just because of work."

Her brother pointed to the other side of the table where piles of paper and folders are sitting.
She let out a sigh while opening the food containers.
She didn't know whether to feel sorry for her younger brother or make fun of him.

"Don't worry; I'll help you out with office works while you go look for your princess." She said trying to cheer him up.

He chuckled. "Honestly, I'm not worried about that. Aboji could always pair me up with someone. Maybe daughters of his business partners." He joked.

Dara hit his head. "Yah! Micheoso!"
She glared at him. "Love is still important you know."

He pouted while rubbing his head.

Dara shoved a piece of kimbap into her brother's mouth.

"So do you need help?" She asked her brother motioning her head to the pile of papers.

Cheondung shook his head.
"Nah, you go ahead and get some rest." He gave her a smile and a little push. "Go home!"

"Alrighty then." She said, grabbing her purse from the chair where she sat earlier.

"You work too much, Cheondoongie." She said over her shoulder. "Don't forget to finish them up before doing anything." She said referring to the food.

"Gomawoyo nuna."

Dara reached for the doorknob.

"Nuna!" Cheondung called suddenly.

"Ne?" Dara answered, turning her head.

"He's still asking about you, you know?" He said quietly.

Her sister's face darkened and he noticed that she looked bothered.

"No worries," He quickly said smiling. "I got it all covered." He assured her.

She gave him a faint smile in return. "Thanks Cheondoongie!"



It's already four days after the club incident and Dara still haven't spoken to Youngbae.
Dara is still not ready to face him and she doesn't know what to say to him if she sees him.
Friends on both sides are trying to get them to talk so they can clear things up.
But Dara still doesn't want to and would often beg off.
When Youngbae found out that she was with Seunghyun the night she was missing, he went crazy and searched for her everywhere.

== Flashback ==
Two days after the club incident.

Dara went out with Jiyong and her girlfriends, Bom, Chaerin, and Minji.
After they had dinner she suggested that they go to a bar.


Jiyong and the girls were very cautious when it comes to her.
Ever since the club incident, they haven't seen their friend break down nor cry in front of them.
They know that she's hurting and she's trying her best to keep everything to herself.
They tried to get her to open up and tell them what she feels or what she has on her mind, but she just changes the subject and act happy.
She is not showing any signs of sadness or hurt for now, but her friends are preparing for the worst.
They are all worried that one of these days she might just break down.

"You're still not going to tell us where you and Seunghyun went?" Chaerin asked, glaring at Dara.

She laughed at her friend. "It doesn't matter, we're safe and sound."

Chaerin raised her eyebrow.

"Hey! Don't think dirty." Dara responded.

"Will you stop interrogating Dara unnie?" Minji told Chaerin, rolling her eyes. "You been asking that question since dinner."

Chaerin widened her eyes, surprised with Minji's sudden outburst.

"Yah!"

"My, my, my, our maknae has a temper." Bom said, raising her eyebrow.

All eyes were on Minji.

"Minji-ah, what’s wrong?" Dara asked.

The maknae just crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. The four of them exchanged glances in surprise.

"Minji-ah? Are you not feeling well?" Jiyong, who was sitting between Minji and Chaerin, asked.

He put his arm around Minji's shoulder. "Tell oppa what's wrong."

She just looked away not making eye contact with anyone.

They can tell that she's about to cry.

"Minji-ah, if there's something bothering you, you can just tell us." Bom told Minji while patting her back.

"Can I go first; I just remembered that I have a project to finish." She suddenly said. "It's due tomorrow."

The girls and Jiyong looked at each other.

'Now there's really something wrong.' Dara thought.

Minji is smart. All her friends know that she finishes everything in school so that she can go out with her unnie friends every night. She's the only one who hasn’t finished college yet within their circle of friends, but she's already in her last year.

Bom, on the other hand, already finished college along with Dara and Chaerin. She still has additional four years since she is taking up veterinary medicine.

Both can manage their studies and social life.
They didn't expect it from Minji that she'll have an 'unfinished project' dilemma.
Sensing that Minji is not herself that night and that she wants a time for herself, everyone just gave in to her request.

"I'll walk you to your car." Chaerin offered. Minji bid godbye to her friends.

"I wonder what's wrong with our maknae." Bom said to Dara.

"Beats me."  She replied, shrugging her shoulders. "Want to get some drinks?"

Bom nodded.

Dara turned to Jiyong who's texting someone. "Jiyong-ah, want us to get you something?"

"One beer please." He answered with a smile, then he went back to texting.

"Okay." Dara said.

She and Bom got up from their seats.
They headed to the bar station and ordered drinks.

While waiting, the two were busy chatting when she felt someone grabbed her arm.
"Yah!" She exclaimed, turning to her side to see who it was.

To their surprise, it was Youngbae.

"We need to talk." Youngbae demanded as she pulled Dara away from Bom's sight.

Bom was startled and wasn't able to utter a word. She was stuck to where she was standing.

Dara, too shock to see Youngbae, just followed where he led her.


In a quiet corner of the bar where they can't be seen.
They stood there face to face.
Dara was avoiding Youngbae's piercing eyes.

"Is it true that you spent the night with Seunghyun?" He was keeping his cool.

"Let's not talk about this." She answered as she tries to walk away from him.

But Youngbae blocked her by putting his hand on the wall.

"I'm asking you a question, why won't you answer?" He asked, trying to keep his voice down.

Dara could tell that Youngbae is on the verge of losing it, but he was trying very hard to compose himself.

She wasn't expecting this meeting.
She wasn't prepared to talk to him.
But since they're already standing face to face, she was thinking that she might as well speak.

"What do you want to know?" She managed to ask.

He didn't answer. Instead, he just stared back at Dara waiting for a reply.

Dara smirked.

"You want to know if I slept with him that night. Is that it?" She asked bluntly.

"You want to know if I SLEPT with Seunghyun." She repeated.

Youngbae cringed to what she said but that's exactly what he wanted to know.

"Is that it Youngbae?" She asked, with tears now forming in her eyes.

He did not reply.
Seeing the tears in her eyes, Youngbae felt his heart soften.

"Do you think I'm that low?" She choked on her words.
Tears were falling from her eyes.

Youngbae remained silent. It pains him to see her crying.

"How dare you ask me? You've known me for five years Youngbae! Five years!" She continued, raising her voice. "Why are you doing this to me, Youngbae? You know I'm not that kind of woman."

He was taken aback with what she said.
He broke his stare from her and looked down.

"Don't you know that you're hurting me?" She asked searching for his eyes.

But Youngbae just lowered his gaze.

"You're hurting me!" She cried.

With that, she quickly turned and walked away.

"Dara!" He called for her.

Youngbae followed but he stopped in his tracks when he saw Jiyong running after her.

Bom emerged on the scene and walked towards his side and held his arm.

They watched as Dara ran out of the bar with Jiyong tailing her.

"Youngbae-ah, give it some time." Bom said quietly, releasing his arm.
Although, she's not happy with what Youngbae did to Dara, he is still considered their friend.

Youngbae stood there looking hopeless as tears started to form in his eyes.

This was Bom's first time seeing him cry. Deep inside, she feels sad for him.
Ever since, she never really believed that Youngbae's love for Dara can be enough to change his playboy ways.
When she proved herself right, all she did was shook her head.

"Go home and take some rest." Bom said. "We'll try to convince her to talk to you. Just give it some time."

Youngbae wiped his tears and nodded.
"Please convince her. I know I'm at fault here, but I'm trying my best to make it up to her. I just don't understand why I keep messing up."

Again a tear drop from his eye. He wiped it and turned to leave.

Bom sighed as he saw him walking away.
'What will you do now, Youngbae?' She thought.

"Bom unnie!" Chaerin called as she went to Bom's side. "Where's everybody?"

== End of Flashback ==



Dara's in her bed thinking of what happened the past four days.
Whenever the thought of Youngbae sleeping with Angela crossed her mind, she ends up crying over and over.
But him thinking that she did the same with Seunghyun made her feel worst.


== DARA POV ==

Seeing him at the bar tonight, my heart still skips a beat.
It's not because I'm not happy to see him but more of I'm happy I was able to see him again.
I'm still hurting from what he has done. And it's something that I can't accept.
But what am I going to do? I don't want to lose him. I still love him. I just couldn't...... take him out of my system.

== End of DARA POV ==


Dara closed her eyes while tears flowed from her eyes.
"I still love you Youngbae." She whispered, sobbing. "I still do."