Soulmate at First Sight

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)


After dinner, the girls called it a night while the guys decided to continue their bonding at Jiyong's apartment.

Seunghyun drove Dara to her apartment first before joining the guys.

When they arrived in front of the apartment building's entrance, Seunghyun opened the glove compartment and took out a small envelope.

He handed it to Dara making her wonder.

"That's Jaejoong's invitation for the opening of his new cafe in Gangnam."

"Oh." She said looking at it.

"I already gave Jiyong and Chaerin theirs."

She nods her head while reading the invitation. "I think I'm free on this date."

"Great, then let's go together." He suggested with a smile. "I'm sure Jaejoong will be happy to see you."

She put the invitation inside her purse and turned to him with a smile. "Are you sure you don't want to come in and have coffee or tea?"

"I would love to but I need to meet up with the guys." He pouted.

"I understand." Dara giggled. "There's always a next time."

Seunghyun stepped out of his car and opened the door for her.

"Thanks for the ride, Tabi." She gave him a big hug.

He hugs her back. "Goodnight, Sandy."

*************************

When Dara came out of the bathroom, she heard her cellphone beeping.
She went over to her desk to get it.

Several text messages were already in her inbox, all coming from Bom.
She couldn't stop smiling while she read all of them.

"Aigoo, this woman." She said, putting the cellphone against her ear.

"Darrrrrrrrraaaa!!!!" She heard a loud shriek on the other line.

"Yah! What's happening to you?"

"Dara-yah!!!!! Eotokke??!! I can't sleep. I'm so embarrassed." Bom wailed.

Remembering the incident that happened at the restaurant, Dara suppresses her laugh. "Why are you embarrassed, Bommie-ah?"

"I acted like a dork around him. I wasn't myself, Dara-yah!!! I even spilled water on his pants! Eotokke?!! It was embarrassing!"

"Bom, it's all good now. He didn't even mind. He said you're cute."

"Cute?!" She groaned like a kid. "He laughed at me, Dara-yahhhh...” "

"Seriously Bom, it's over and done. Teddy oppa was okay with it. Don't stress yourself on such tiny matter."

"Are you sure he doesn't think of me like I'm some kind of a weirdo? Sicko?" Her friend asked desperately.

She rolled her eyes. "Why would he think that of you? That's too shallow, Bom. Spilling water on someone is called an accident. It has nothing to do with your insanity level...err I mean your sanity level." She puts her hand over trying hard not to laugh.

"You sure?"

"Bom." It's now her turn to groan.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Bom breathe.

"Gosh Bom you really like him, don't you? You never acted like this before. As far as I know, in cases like spilling water on someone, you don't really give a damn."

She can hear her friend sighing on the other line. "Honestly, I don't understand it either. I've never been this affected before. He's got this... I don't know... Effect on me."

"Are you really serious? Do you really think he's your soulmate?"

"I don't know," Bom quietly replied. "Maybe I'm just attracted to him. I find him really handsome. Maybe I'm just crushing."

Dara couldn't hold her laughter anymore started cracking up.

"Yah! Are you laughing at me, Park Dara?!"

She bit her lower lips to stop herself. "Oh no, Bom. I'm not. I'm just happy that you're CRUSHING on someone again."

"Yah! You better not tell anyone or I'll strangle you." Bom warned.

"My lips are sealed." She assured her.

"Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you, I've talked to Youngbae this morning." Bom said casually. "He said he's doing fine and there's nothing to worry about. He also mentioned that he'll be seeing us on Saturday."

Upon hearing the news, Dara sat on her bed. "T-that's good to hear."

"Dara, it wouldn't hurt if you send him a message."


*************************

"Omma?" Youngbae was surprised to see his mother in the living room.

Mrs. Dong looks up from the magazine she was reading. "O, you're here."

She got up from the couch and walks over to greet him with a hug.

"Why are you still awake at this time? Where's aboji?" He asked.

"He's already in bed." His mother said, leading him to the dining room. "I couldn't sleep so I waited for you."

When they reached the dining room she showed him the dishes on the table. "I cooked you're favorite."

Youngbae smiled and leaned to kiss her on the cheek. "Thank you, omma."


While eating, Mrs. Dong stayed with him.

"You still don't want to take a vacation?" She asked him.

Chewing on his food, Youngbae shook his head. "I really appreciate yours and Dad's concern but I'm really okay, omma."

Mrs. Dong looked at his son with sad eyes. "I know you're having a tough time with... with what happened between you and Dara. But... I just want to remind you that, life goes on.  Yes, it's sad that the two of you broke up. Even your aboji and I are affected because we think of her as our daughter too." She reached to hold Youngbae's hand. "I believe that soon you'll find someone who will be with you forever. Please don't stress yourself, my son."

He gave his mother's hand a squeeze. "I'm sorry for worrying you and aboji. I promise that I'll try my best not to make you worry again."

*************************

Youngbae collapsed on his bed.
After his talk with his mother, he felt burden knowing that his parents are worrying about him.
As much as he wants to get back to his feet and pushed everything that had happened to him and Dara aside, he still couldn't.
His relationship with Dara isn't something to be taken lightly and he knows for fact that the pain he is feeling will linger for a long time.
All he needs is time.

He suddenly felt his cellphone vibrating from his pocket.

When he saw who the sender of the text message was, he immediately pushed himself up to sit down.

'I heard about what happened to you. Please be careful next time. Be healthy and get well soon.' - Dara

A smile formed on his lips.

****************************************

'I will, Dara. Thank you and sleep well. Goodnight.' - Youngbae

Dara smiled when she read his reply.
Deep inside, she wanted to call him and talk to him personally but she restrained herself from doing more.
She lay down on her bed and closed her eyes.

"Goodnight, Youngbae." She whispered in the dark.

****************************************

Youngbae waited for a reply but minutes passed, he received nothing.

After taking a bath, he checked his cellphone again, only to be disappointed.

'So this is really how it's going to be.' He thought to himself. 'Then I have to get use to it.'

****************************************

Days later...

Minji was heading towards her class when she saw Taemin taking something out from his locker.
She quickens her pace, afraid that she won't make it in time.

"Hi," She greeted him, slightly panting.

It was obvious on his face that he was surprised to see her.
But she noticed how his expression instantly changed.

"Hi," He replied coldly, closing his locker.

She was about to open but he turned and walked away without a word.

Minji was left wondering.
She couldn't take it anymore.
He has been avoiding him for days now and she doesn't know why.
She reached her limits.

"Yah!" She called out.

Taemin halted when he heard her voice echoed through the hallway.

Luckily, no one was around.

He turned his head and saw her marching towards him.

"Sorry, but I'm kinda confused here." She said, drilling him with her angry stare.

"Tell me, did I do something that you're not happy about?" She questioned him. "Did I offend you in some way?"

He scoffs as he turned his whole body to face her. "You tell me."

She looked at him puzzled.

"I can't remember. Why don't you fill me in?" She spat back.

He let's out a forced sarcastic laugh. "Fine. Let me refresh your memory. You and Kang Daesung-sunbaenim engaged."

"MWOH?!" Minji gasped in disbelief. "W-where did you hear that-"

He swallows hard and looks away. "So it's true?"

"WHAT??!! Taemin oppa, I..." She pauses; she wondered where he heard such rumor. "W-who told you I'm engaged to Daesung oppa?"

"He did." He whipped his head towards her. "I called you last weekend and Daesung-sunbaenim answered. Don't tell me you didn't know."

Minji furrowed her eyebrows as she recalls what happened over the weekend.

"Oppa," A voice suddenly interrupted her thoughts.

Sulli came to join them.

"Oppa, I was waiting for you." She held onto Taemin's arm. "We'll be late for class."

She then looks at Minji and smiled. "Annyeonghaseyo, Gong Minji-sshi."

She awkwardly nods in reply.

"Bye, Minji." Taemin said as the two walked away.


MINJI POV

The class was boring as usual. But like I care.
My mind is about to explode from thinking where Taemin oppa could have gotten that false information.
Recalling what happened over the weekend, I don't remember seeing Daesung oppa holding my cellphone.
And I know he wouldn't do such a thing.
None of my friends will do such... But wait...

END OF MINJI POV

**********

Saturday Night...


Chaerin and Jiyong were at the kitchen preparing food when Teddy came in.

"Ohhhhh the pain." He groaned while holding his head.

Jiyong chuckled. "Still feeling the jet lag, hyung?"

Teddy went to the fridge to get a bottle of water. "Remind me not to mix jet lag with booze."

"Oppa, I can make you a hangover soup if you like." Chaerin offered.

He sat on a stool across them. "Wow, really? I mean, if it's not a hassle or anything."

She smiled at him. "It won't be as good as Dara unnie's soup but it can still do wonders."

He chuckled. "Thank you, Chaerin-ah." He turns to his cousin. "Jiyong-ah, you're so lucky to have her. Don't let her go."

Jiyong, who was peeling vegetables, snorted. "You don't know her.-Ouch!" He felt a sharp pain on his foot.

"I swear those shoes just got to go." He scowled at his girlfriend.

Chaerin gave him a glare but smiled when she faced Teddy. "Ayyy oppa, I'm not that perfect."

"What are you talking about?" Jiyong cuts her. "You're perfect for me, babe."

"Yah, yah, yah! Not in front of me please." Teddy pretended to gag.

"But you know oppa," Chaerin said while chopping some vegetables.

"Bom unnie is great in cooking hangover soup. Dara unnie is amazing but Bom unnie adds herbal spices to her soup."

Teddy looked amused. "Sounds healthy."

"More like a witch mixing potions." Jiyong snorted, earning an elbow from Chaerin. "Ouch!"

"She loves taking care of us. She's like mother." She said looking at Teddy. "We're hoping that she'll get married soon."

"Really?"

"I doubt that she'll get married soon." Jiyong piped in. "She's just like your mother, hyung. She's got this super bad temper."

"Who doesn't?" Chaerin retorted, widening her eyes at her boyfriend. "I have a bad temper too, you know."

"Ani," He shook his head. "Not as serious as her--- YAAWWWCHH!"

He felt the heel of his girlfriend's shoe pressing on his foot again.

Teddy shrugged his shoulders and smiled. "I think she's cute though."

Chaerin grinned wider. "She is."

"Is she coming?" He asked her.

"Of course." She enthusiastically replied. "I mean, she wouldn't miss this night for the world."

"Cool." He stood up. "I'll just go get ready then. Uhmm... You need help?"

She waved her hands. "No, we're fine. Go get ready, oppa."

"Alright then,"

When Teddy left the kitchen, Jiyong glared at her.

"What was that all about?" He asked, sensing that his girlfriend is up to something.

She surprisingly gave him a peck on the lips. "Babe, I think we just solved Bom unnie's problem."

He gave her a warning look. "Babe, I told you not to do that."

"What?" She innocently asked. "You said that he is single."

"He is, but... but it's complicated, Chaerin-ah." He looked away and continued washing the vegetables.  

"Why is it complicated?" She asked curiously.

Jiyong sighed and stopped what he was doing.

He faced her with a serious look on his face. "Just promise me, you won't match them up."

**********

It was almost dinner time and one by one, their friends started arriving.

Daesung and Seungri were the first to arrive and they were introduced to Teddy.

They played pool at Jiyong's huge living room as they wait for the others to arrive.


Minutes later Minji came.

"This is the maknae of our group," Jiyong introduced her.

"Annyeonghaseyo." She bows at Teddy but got a shock when he pulled her into a hug.

"No formalities please." He said as he pulled away. "Just call me Teddy oppa, arasseo?"

Minji gave out a nervous laugh. "Ah-ye, Teddy oppa."

"Hey Minji-ah, where's Bom nuna and Dara nuna?" Seungri asked.

Minji didn't look at him; instead, she turned to Chaerin and Jiyong. "They are on their way."

Seungri frowned at her action.

It's been days now since she found out that he was the one who answered her friend's call.

He already explained to her that it's because he was trying to protect her, but Minji was too upset to even listen to him.

Daesung went to Minji and draped his arms around her. "You want to join us? Show Teddy hyung that you're the master of playing pool."

She gave him an awkward smile and distanced herself from him

"I-I... Maybe later, oppa."

**********

"You shouldn't have done that to Daesung oppa, Minji-ah."

Chaerin went to the fridge and took two cans soda, handing one to her.

Minji leaned on the kitchen counter and took the can. "I can't help it. It feels awkward."

"It's not his fault he was dragged into Seungri's stupid act." Her friend reasoned. "Just let Seungri suffer and spare Daesung oppa."

She sighed. "I'll try."

"Oh, by the way." Chaerin went beside her. "Why didn't you bring you're guy friend over."

She looked at her with eyes narrowed. "Are you insane, unnie? After what Seungri oppa did he wouldn't even look at me."

"It really upsets me, unnie. Everything was going smoothly between Taemin oppa and me but everything is now ruined because of that... that... Aghhh!"

Frustrated, she ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't even understand why he did that."

"He's an a$$. Deal with it." Chaerin said putting her hand on her shoulder. "At least that's just what he did."

Minji gave her the 'I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that' look. "Unnie, I like the guy, don't you understand. Uhhh!"

She annoyingly sat down on a stool next to the counter.  "He's the first guy I've ever liked."

Chaerin sighed and followed her. "Don't worry Minji-ah. There are many fish in the sea. I'm sure you'll find another one again soon. Or..."

She rubs her chin, thinking. "I can set you up with my model friends."

Minji sprawled herself across the counter.

"Dara unnie..." She groaned.

The two weren't aware that someone was listening outside the kitchen.


The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Minji yelled from the kitchen, dashing towards the door.

"Youngbae oppa!" She shrieks with delight.

"Minji-ah." He grins as he spreads out his uninjured arm.

"Omo," She said, not knowing what to do but then she found a way to hug him without brushing on his casted arm. "I missed you, oppa."

"I missed you too."

Chaerin peeked from the kitchen.

"Omo! Youngbae oppa." She went straight to him and hugged him. "I'm so glad you could make it."

They all greeted him and he was introduced to Teddy as well.


Soon, Dara and Seunghyun arrived.

"I got this for dinner." Dara handed a big paper bag to her friend.  

She looks at her apologetically. "Sorry, I was too busy at the restaurant. I wasn't able to prepare anything."

Chaerin pouted when she accepted it. "I even told Teddy oppa you are a great cook."

Teddy went over when she heard them talking. "It's fine. I can always visit her restaurant, Chaerin-ah."

Dara turned red in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, oppa. But I promise to cook you something special once you come to our restaurant."

He winks at her in response.

"And I got this for dessert." Seunghyun announced holding up a box of cake.

"Alright, now I'm really starved." Jiyong said, putting his hand on Chaerin's shoulder.

She nodded understanding what he meant. "C'mon unnie, let's go to the kitchen."

Before they could even walk a step Dara stiffened on her spot.

Youngbae suddenly emerged into the hall.   

"Dara-ah," He greeted warmly with a smile. "Annyeong."

"O-Y-Youngbae," She stuttered and forced an awkward smile. "Annyeong."

He approached them and gave Seunghyun a pat on the back. "How's it going?"

"Good." Seunghyun smiled.  "How's your arm, man?"

He slightly lifted his casted arm. "It's still intact."

They suddenly heard someone scoffing.

"He's injured and he still jokes about it." Dara muttered.

When Chaerin heard her, she grabbed her arm and pulled her. "Let's go unnie, everyone's hungry already."


**********

While the guys are having their serious game of pool, Youngbae and Minji were sitting on the couch chatting.

Later the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Dara called.

When she opened the door, her eyes widened.

Standing by the door was someone all covered up.
Complete with long coat, scarf, surgical mask, huge sunglasses and a cap.

"Bom?!"

 

 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v